Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 216
  1. #13

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I mean, I don't care for Joy Reid in any way but Joy Reid holds absolutely zero power in the legal ramifications of anyone's life. No matter what you think of her, she has no power whatsoever to set anyone back in life.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    One other thing I wanted to add is that I think your assertion here that the type of hate Joy Reid spouts and embodies is somehow less dangerous because as you put it she does not have the "power to have legal ramifications on someone's life.". In other words she has no power to negatively impact someone's life so it's okay. I think that's a narrow view of things that I noticed you tailored down to "legal" to try to cover your backside. I've seen you and others use this argument before to imply a person can't be racist if they have no power. In other words, racial hatred is okay or somehow not dangerous if you have no power.

    I disagree and think it's the hate part that is the dangerous part.

    When you have the hate part down, or spread that hate, anyone with an automobile has the power to literally "ramify" someone's life. In fact Daryl Brooks "ramified" 40 people killing 5 of them. What power did that guy have? He had a shitty little Ford SUV and that was all he needed. So let's please not qualify some hate as being okay/less dangerous. It's all dangerous and wrong.





  2. #14

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Well done holding out so long. Summary: hurty words ruin your life boohoo. Combined with "the government is corrupt" - no shit.





  3. #15

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    You can't be a judge and call a black person a "ni***r" and a "roach". Those things are not compatible.

    That doesn't validate band's nihilistic take that the world is a dark power struggle between races where the golden rule and reciprocity don't exist and networks of clandestine klansmen (how's that for alliteration) are everywhere/out to get him.





  4. #16

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You can't be a judge and call a black person a "ni***r" and a "roach". Those things are not compatible.
    In a society that values liberty, using a racial expletive may be considered vulgar. Even grounds for shunning an individual.

    It is not however, a crime. Nor should it be.

    Burglarizing a car however, IS a crime.

    It is noteworthy to me, which of these behaviors is treated like a crime, and which is treated as a nuisance.





  5. #17

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    In a society that values liberty, using a racial expletive may be considered vulgar. Even grounds for shunning an individual.

    It is not however, a crime. Nor should it be.

    Burglarizing a car however, IS a crime.

    It is noteworthy to me, which of these behaviors is treated like a crime, and which is treated as a nuisance.
    I hate cancel culture. I think people should get at least one mulligan and be able to apologize and we all move on.

    Not even looking at the moral issue here though it seems like as a practical matter being known to have said such things as a judge might make it impossible for her to do her job.

    It's a public trust issue as well in this case.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 12-16-2021 at 03:43 PM.





  6. #18

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I hate cancel culture. I think people should get at least one mulligan and be able to apologize and we all move on.

    Not even looking at the moral issue here though it seems like as a practical matter being known to have said such things as a judge might make it impossible for her to do her job. I would think it would be grounds for appeal on any decision where race might be a factor.

    It's a public trust issue as well in this case.
    Personally I think this is all nonsense.

    And I think indulging it is part of the problem.

    There is not an adult alive who has not used racist, sexist, or otherwise bigotted language, in additional to other colorful turn of phrase for which they might be embarrassed if disclosed . This often occurs in times of stress. It is part of the human condition.

    This is true of black men, white women, fat men, and short bald Eskimos.

    Pretending it is not true is folly... as it empowers the pearl-clutching opportunists, seeking to gain unearned advantage.

    But pretend we do... as we've created an entire predatory holier-than-thou culture eager to ignore actual crimes, while doling out punishment for non-crimes.

    The world was a better place when we acknowledged that you don't have a right to unhurt feelings.





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Overlea, MD
    Posts
    4,904

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Like it or not, hateful and racially charged language is not criminal activity. The 1st Amendment exists to protect UNPOPULAR speech. There would be no need for a 1st Amendment if it was meant to protect speech that was popular.

    As for cancel culture, just because you don't like what someone says doesn't give you the right to deny their right to the 1st Amendment by trying to destroy their lives. That's not what liberty-loving people do. There's no price that one must pay to speak their mind, no matter how much that rubs you the wrong way. Move on, and ignore people you don't agree with.





  8. #20

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Personally I think this is all nonsense.

    And I think indulging it is part of the problem.

    There is not an adult alive who has not used racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted language, in additional to other colorful turn of phrase for which they might be embarrassed if disclosed . This often occurs in times of stress. It is part of the human condition.

    This is true of black men, white women, fat men, and short bald Eskimos.

    Pretending it is not true is folly... as it empowers the pearl-clutching opportunists, seeking to gain unearned advantage.

    But pretend we do... as we've created an entire predatory holier-than-thou culture eager to ignore actual crimes, while doling out punishment for non-crimes.

    The world was a better place when we acknowledged that you don't have a right to unhurt feelings.
    I agree with all of that. The two things that have changed and make it hard to forgive and let bygones be bygones is the almost omnipresent surveillance state combined with the internet/social media.

    A person's mistakes get captured now and are replayed over and over on a loop and it's almost impossible to run from them. Could be any mistake. Not just salty, inappropriate or insensitive language.

    I'm reminded of what happened between Ray and Janelle Rice. Had there been no video of what happened between them or even if there was video but no internet or maybe even internet but no social media he never loses his job. Even if a 1000 people actually saw him strike her, he keeps his job. Makes no sense to me that in order to punish him, he lost his ability to work, which hurt the so called victim, his wife now and mother of his children, as much as it hurt him. But then you look at the video or are shown it again for the 1000th time by someone with an axe to grind or a virtue to signal and the mob is activated. The price of forgiveness is now too high because the mob demands it not be given and seek to take the scalps of those that do. It's the ability to capture a moment combined with the ability to send it out to the entire world instantly on a loop. This is a new thing in human history. It's a very powerful and I'm thinking dangerous thing.

    I also think the world being a worse place now than before is due to the internet and ubiquitous high definition recording and communication devices everywhere always and everyone being online and connected to everyone else and everything. The cynical take is technology is acting as some sort of revelation revealing conspiratorial evil etc.. I think most people, anyone capable of an ounce of self reflection, knows that as you said it's always been there to an extent in all of us.

    The technology isn't so much revealing anything new as it is making it harder for us to all look away and move on. We are constantly being placed back in that moment in time and having to live it and witness, defend it again and again.

    I've never really thought about this as much before as I have in this post but we are in a really dangerous time in history I think because of this. There has never been such an ability to simultaneously manipulate the masses or freeze time and replay it as exists now. Add in AI and video technology/deep fakes and there is no limit to the amount of reality that can't be manipulated and masses mobilized. I was listening to a podcast the other day and someone pointed out that one of the most important and useful things a human being can do is forget. It's crucial to not living life not frozen in a permanent state trauma. I don't even know if there can be forgiveness on any level without a certain amount of forgetting.

    I went off on a flight of fancy there. Back to the subject at hand. I would be shocked if that woman was still a judge next week and will not lose sleep if she isn't.

    If it were a 15 year old girl or 12 year old boy playfully or humorously saying n***a with no malice on instagram or tic toc and getting doxed and destroyed I'd be upset but a grown woman and judge using n***r combined with roach... that's just bridge too far for me.





  9. #21

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    I notice how Bandaid was nowhere to be found or heard from on the Arbery verdict. Also don't remember him saying anything about the horrible Christmas Parade hate crime terrorist attack.

    He willfully ignores all verdicts that show the system is not racist, while simultaneously also ignoring the fact that harmful programs like no cash bail are letting people off that are committing horrific crimes. In this case a deadly hate crime against elderly white people and white children.

    The systemic racism seems to be against whites in this case, as the MSM completely ignores hate crimes committed by POC against White people and they are hardly ever prosecuted as such by the government, despite ample evidence proving they were racially motivated crimes. The knock-out games a few years ago are another fine example.

    Has the Biden Administration announced that they are investigating the Waukesha massacre as a federal hate Crime? If not, why the hell not?

    Bandaid is only concerned about playing the victim. It's what defines him and unfortunately a lot of young people now. They will look under every stone and behind every blade of grass for signs of systemic racism, willfully ignoring all the facts to the contrary because they would actually require accountability.





    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  10. #22

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I notice how Bandaid was nowhere to be found or heard from on the Arbery verdict. Also don't remember him saying anything about the horrible Christmas Parade hate crime terrorist attack.

    He willfully ignores all verdicts that show the system is not racist, while simultaneously also ignoring the fact that harmful programs like no cash bail are letting people off that are committing horrific crimes. In this case a deadly hate crime against elderly white people and white children.

    The systemic racism seems to be against whites in this case, as the MSM completely ignores hate crimes committed by POC against White people and they are hardly ever prosecuted as such by the government, despite ample evidence proving they were racially motivated crimes. The knock-out games a few years ago are another fine example.

    Has the Biden Administration announced that they are investigating the Waukesha massacre as a federal hate Crime? If not, why the hell not?

    Bandaid is only concerned about playing the victim. It's what defines him and unfortunately a lot of young people now. They will look under every stone and behind every blade of grass for signs of systemic racism, willfully ignoring all the facts to the contrary because they would actually require accountability.





    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I(as we all should) put him on ignore because, to me, systemic racism looks just like him. Systemic racism is alive snd well and is anti-white.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  11. #23

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Like it or not, hateful and racially charged language is not criminal activity. The 1st Amendment exists to protect UNPOPULAR speech. There would be no need for a 1st Amendment if it was meant to protect speech that was popular.

    As for cancel culture, just because you don't like what someone says doesn't give you the right to deny their right to the 1st Amendment by trying to destroy their lives. That's not what liberty-loving people do. There's no price that one must pay to speak their mind, no matter how much that rubs you the wrong way. Move on, and ignore people you don't agree with.
    Did I say anything about destroying her life or asking for her to be fired? Read buddy.....I literally just called for all of her cases concerning black individuals to be reviewed. I believe that's a reasonable decision to come to after calling a person a n-word roach.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





  12. #24

    Re: This is what systemic racism looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    In a society that values liberty, using a racial expletive may be considered vulgar. Even grounds for shunning an individual.

    It is not however, a crime. Nor should it be.

    Burglarizing a car however, IS a crime.

    It is noteworthy to me, which of these behaviors is treated like a crime, and which is treated as a nuisance.
    Who in this thread is treating what she said as a crime??? Literally the only thing I called for is a review of all of her cases concerning black individuals

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->