Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is the NFL season in jeopardy?

The only way the NFL cancels anything is if one or more teams have a outbreak and multiple players die.

Most of these games are outside where the virus is less likely to spread. Also I'm not sure that vaccinated fans and players are at much risk. Remains to be seen if Omicron variant gets around the vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No. No matter how bad things are now, they were worse last year. It is going to take a few years for everything to get back to normal. One thing rules all on this planet. Greed. It will ultimately undo the human race. That is still a bit off, but be sure the hunger for the NFL has never been greater now that they are pushing gambling. Glad I caught the tail end of the NFL's greatness, because now more than ever it is the greed machine.

Sad as I was to see the Ravens sliding into the toilet, I knew they weren't going to win this weekend. I didn't watch a lick of football and had a fine Sunday. The game is evolving to a new generation, one I do not understand nor do I care to. The NFL will be fine.
    37 tested positive this past Monday and 25 today. This could be worse than last year.

4. Re: Is the NFL season in jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    Most of these games are outside where the virus is less likely to spread. Also I'm not sure that vaccinated fans and players are at much risk. Remains to be seen if Omicron variant gets around the vaccines.
    It does. It's more contagious, and less harmful. It's closer to a normal cold.

That's what viruses tend to do over time, they get more contagious, and weaker.

You mean the strain that makes you feel like you have a mild cold, and no-one has died from, that strain
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You guys realize the combination of these two new strains might end up making this the worst wave yet? If it were me, I'm canceling these last 4 games and going straight into the postseason, rendering Baltimore AFC North champions.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    You mean the strain that makes you feel like you have a mild cold, and no-one has died from, that strain
    Most covid cases aren't yet being considered from the omicron strain. If it doesn't cause deaths though and remains mild, that's great. Seems like there is a positive correlation right now though between the rise of the omicron strain and overall covid cases.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Some people probably have died from it, but it takes, I think, two weeks and a genetic analysis to confirm what strain it is, so confirmed deaths will come later.

That said, it does seem to be more infectious but less harmful. I don't know where America is with Omicron but in the UK the government estimates 200,000 new infections a day and is saying that number could rise to 1 million a day by the end of the month. Multiply those numbers by 5 to cover the US population and the season definitely is in jeopardy.

The UK is a highly vaxed country compared to the US so there could be more serious cases in America, even if that number remains low as a percentage of infections.

People with a cold can stay home.

"Well...nothing we can do about it now. So let's all just get back to work".

That is what my boss said to my office after the towers collapsed on 9/11. So I won't underestimate a company's corporate greed taking precedence over someone else's loss or grief.

The NFL will just chug along towards their revenue goals while having elaborate mortals for lost players, but not really doing anything to help the actual problem. Not dissimilar from the lip service the NFL hives about player safety, versus what the NFL actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post

That is what my boss said to my office after the towers collapsed on 9/11. So I won't underestimate a company's corporate greed taking precedence over someone else's loss or grief.

The NFL will just chug along towards their revenue goals while having elaborate mortals for lost players, but not really doing anything to help the actual problem. Not dissimilar from the lip service the NFL hives about player safety, versus what the NFL actually does.
    I tend to agree. They're gonna keep chugging along $$$$$$

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Until an NFL player dies of covid then how precious is revenue at this point.

I fear for 350+ lb linemen
    So far none of these guys have even ended up in the hospital. Hopefully it stays that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post

That's what the bosses at the candle factory in Kentucky said just last week when the tornado alarms went off. Then the building was gone.