Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Rashod Bateman switches agents. (Why?)

Really. So a rookie who has missed half the games due to injury…. Gets the ability to play and get targets.

Then switches agents and is going to demand a trade on a team that has him on a 5 year contract?

Then when I use the term like football Iq I get criticized.

This would be the dumbest thing a rookie WR coming off groin surgery could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Really. So a rookie who has missed half the games due to injury…. Gets the ability to play and get targets.

Then switches agents and is going to demand a trade on a team that has him on a 5 year contract?

Then when I use the term like football Iq I get criticized.

This would be the dumbest thing a rookie WR coming off groin surgery could do.
    Nobody said he’s definitely going to ask for a trade. It’s just a coincidence based on how his season is trending. It’s most likely nothing but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t do a double take when I read that he changed agencies. Most likely scenario is that he wants to go to a bigger agency to maximize his brand, but why now? Right after he’s been basically doghoused and getting the tyson Williams treatment. This has nothing to do with football IQ, it’s just a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Harbaugh had better do something because if this is the case, he's on the verge of losing this team.
    I was assured to the fullest harbaugh is a great coach

4. Re: Rashod Bateman switches agents. (Why?)

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Ravens aren't making it to January. Nfl and Vegas are fixing it for Brady Belicheat super bowl. Patriots restored dynasty on the 20th anniversary
    The Ravens play 2 regular season games in January.

LOL at this thread. Hilarious.

It's literally just another avenue to take shots at the coaches.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 12-07-2021 at 07:54 AM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I think so too. I think the offense as a whole is tired of Roman. I could be wrong but the body language tells a lot. Nobody is having fun, they’re unsuccessful, you have guys like Bateman, Proche, Duvernay barely involved. You have a QB who’s tired of always running being forced to run QB designed runs up the gut. We are down bad right now.
    Agreed. Lamar and Hollywood voiced their frustration last year, and it hasn't got any better. Sometimes you can see Lamar's look of disgust after he's been asked to run, even after 'successfully' gaining a first down.

I think we can see from body language and interviews that the team as a whole buys into Harbaugh and the defense buys into Wink but the offense is not feeling Roman. Even when players are speaking, defensive players talk about we, us and the collective, whereas offensive players talk about individual targets and goals, maybe because they don't feel they have any ownership of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    That's wild... we're all still speaking of January synonymously with the postseason

Blog Entries

Players switch agents all the time. Agents don't just work on contracts. They are involved in everything from autograph signings to commercials. They also try to poach athletes all the time. It could be as simple as someone getting to Bateman with a lower free or promises of endorsements or his current agent just not being as communicative as he'd like. I doubt he's forcing his way out though we did see that happen with Minkah Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins so it's not impossible. It's just incredibly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I doubt Bateman is already angling for a trade, but he got one target yesterday that's inexcusable. Part of it was Lamar getting locked on to Andrews and Hollywood.

The other part is Roman calling the plays yesterday and only having Bateman on offense for 45% of the snaps and only 44% against the Browns. In Bateman's first five games he played in 63% to 70% of the offensive snaps in four of the games. There was one game where Bateman only played in 55% of the snaps, but he still saw more action than the last two weeks.
    Listen to harbaugh ridiculous rhetoric.

He said it was more important to spread the ball around.

Instead of utilizing our real weapons right now Bateman, brown, Watkins, they’ve been forcing shit to Andrew’s .

I wouldn’t blame Bateman either but I’ll be even more pissed with this inept sorry ass coaching staff if it ends up being true.

We finally draft good receivers and coaches refuse to get them involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Bateman played more earlier because Watkins was out. Watkins is being used as the #2 while Bateman is the #3. When you have a pass rush like the Steelers they are going to use a lot more 2 WR sets. Bateman becomes part of a rotation instead of being on the field all time. They didn't sign Watkins to significant money to not play him when he's healthy. They obviously believe in Sammy. I don't but the coaches absolutely do.

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    Which is ridiculous - regular season should not be happening in January.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Agreed. Lamar and Hollywood voiced their frustration last year, and it hasn't got any better. Sometimes you can see Lamar's look of disgust after he's been asked to run, even after 'successfully' gaining a first down.

I think we can see from body language and interviews that the team as a whole buys into Harbaugh and the defense buys into Wink but the offense is not feeling Roman. Even when players are speaking, defensive players talk about we, us and the collective, whereas offensive players talk about individual targets and goals, maybe because they don't feel they have any ownership of the offense.
    There is an unbelievable amount of projection going on here. Your opinions don’t require that the team feel as you do. The offense was fire up until Miami. Only one thing has changed.

This is a completely false narrative. Everyone was LOVING the offense through the first half of season until Lamar stopped completing passes to the wideouts. And they would be continuing to love it now if Lamar was still getting them the ball. So what you mean is they must all be hating Lamar, right? And Lamar wouldn’t HAVE to run so much if he was still completing all of those passes as well. Lamar is disgusted with himself and he’s said as much.