Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Blog Entries

Re: Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Perspective is that it was a regular-season game and the Ravens are still in first place and on the inside track to win the division and get the #1 seed. I think you will see a ticked off LJ the rest of the season.
    I'm not sure a "ticked off LJ" is necessarily a good thing at this point. If you ask me that leads him to try too hard and do too much. He was visibly pissed a number of times on Sunday and it didn't really matter, did it?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm not sure a "ticked off LJ" is necessarily a good thing at this point. If you ask me that leads him to try too hard and do too much. He was visibly pissed a number of times on Sunday and it didn't really matter, did it?
    Agreed. At one point just before the first INT I saw Urban giving him the "chill out" hand signals from the sideline. With the way the defenses are playing us we need calm, cool, collected LJ who isn't trying to win the game with every single throw.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Agreed. At one point just before the first INT I saw Urban giving him the "chill out" hand signals from the sideline. With the way the defenses are playing us we need calm, cool, collected LJ who isn't trying to win the game with every single throw.
    Yeah, Lamar hurts more than he helps when gets too amped up and tries to be superman on every play. I think it's been an issue in the playoffs too, where Lamar doesn't play his usual game and tries to make a big play on every play.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    From the statistical point of view, as I've pointed out before, severe injuries tend to be independent events - there isn't some kind of "quota," and the probability of another one isn't affected by how many have gone before (if anything, the probability might increase if the roster remnant exerts itself especially hard to overcome the lost players).

It's been a heckuvan improbable ride for the Ambulatory Care Crows and I hope everyone has enjoyed it so far for what it's been (vs becoming embittered by what it couldn't have been). IMO the team is about at the grocery-stocker level of guys to plug the holes and the chance that any of them might unexpectedly step up (e.g., Kurt Warner) is slim and none. They will be underdogs in every remaining game, home and away, and rightfully so, and it would be a minor miracle if they won any of them & a major miracle to win more, much less make the playoffs.

One thing I do earnestly hope is that during the offseason there is a thorough review of the activities of the strength, conditioning, and medical staffs, and that any deficiencies are corrected (by mass firings if warranted). Something smells very off there, and if it doesn't get fixed we are going to see the same attrition next season
    As a Browns fan I empathize. We want to beat the Ravens every day, of course, but all the injuries has helped me be empathetic to other teams' fans. So much has to go right to have a good season even outside a team's control!

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I saw that too. Lamar does get too amped up at times.

Also saw Roman slamming his hand down on the table in the booth with one of the sacks that happened. I like that our guys actually care.

Ravens are not making the playoffs. Optimistic view is….. and this is crazy optimistic, maybe they sneak in

@clev W. 9-4
    GB. L. 9-5
    @cinn L. 9-6
    Rams L 9-7
    Pitt W 10-7

Might sneak in as 7th seed. If all the stars align

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Ravens are not making the playoffs. Optimistic view is….. and this is crazy optimistic, maybe they sneak in

@clev W. 9-4
    GB. L. 9-5
    @cinn L. 9-6
    Rams L 9-7
    Pitt W 10-7

It's definitely going to be rough sledding with Marlon Humphrey presumably out the remainder of the season. If the Ravens manage to get into the playoffs I think Harbaugh deserves coach of the year award.

Marlon is the one player on defense the Ravens can't afford to lose. Wink is going to have to make some adjustments now with both starting corners gone. The DB blitzes I think have to stop now and Wink needs to let his designated rushers attack the QB.

There were already a lot of big plays given up by the secondary before Marlon's injury. It could get real ugly versus the Packers, Bengals and Rams.

Before the season started with all the injuries I told a coworker this team will be lucky to make the playoffs. But you get caught up in the game you forget about the injuries. The patchwork line missing your second best corner old rbs. So after we lost Marlon and Mekari I said oh well. It’s pretty bad when you are depending on a backup guard/rt and corner who is playing ok to have a chance to win and a qb who is not playing well who need to play like Superman to have a chance to win

Given all their their injuries I thought they were good for 8-9 wins, but i never figured it happening the way it has.

I thought the defense would play much better and I thought Lamar and the passing game would be waaayyyy better than it has been.

Going forward I'm not optimistic about Stanley even a little bit. How many guys need two surgeries and then return to normal. All the picks are nice but the ravens are going to have so many holes to fill. Offensive line, defensive line, Pass rusher....really you could say they need players everywhere on defense. Pile on with Lamar's new contract tying their hands further and well....I need a drink

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I did not mean "ticked off" in that way. I meant it in the sense of highly focused on winning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

@clev W. 9-4
    GB. L. 9-5
    @cinn L. 9-6
    Rams L 9-7
    Pitt W 10-7

Division champions get in automatically and I think 10 wins wins the division. I can see 11 wins out of that schedule. Rams on the East Coast is not that formidable of an opponent.

As long as Lamar is playing and we don't have every single star injured, this is a Super Bowl team year in and year out. And that aint gonna change for the next 10 years at least.