Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: 2 Pt Conversion is NOT on Lamar (watch the dang play)

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    It was a horrible play they called. Lamar is too inaccurate.they should've rolled him out and given him the option to run.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    If he's too inaccurate to throw a 4 yard pass they should cut him....................Fans crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Why was Watt left unblocked so often yesterday? Watt is not an ordinary DE that Lamar can outrun easily. He should have been double teamed all game long.
    He's been destroying teams on the last play of the game too.

They play was designed to use Watts aggressiveness again him, worked great to if Lamar could have throw an accurate pass, hell he could have shot putted it, toss up between player of the game for Pitt between Watt and Lamar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    He's been destroying teams on the last play of the game too.

LJ made a bad pass on the 2pt conversion. he moved up a couple of steps to get out of Watt's lane. he just hurried the throw. i will rewatch the game tomorrow but i don't know how Lamar got that ball to Watkins for the score. it looked like watkins was well defended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Why was Watt left unblocked so often yesterday? Watt is not an ordinary DE that Lamar can outrun easily. He should have been double teamed all game long.
    That’s what I’m saying!

Even if Andrews holds onto it the pass is that far outside that he could only do so by going to ground, and with his body momentum going to the sidelines meaning there’s no chance he can roll the 2 full yards into the endzone without 2 Steelers at full speed touching him down.

It’s one thing to make those finger tip and flip the ball to yourself catches when all you have to do is complete the catch, it’s entirely another when you need YAC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Even if Andrews holds onto it the pass is that far outside that he could only do so by going to ground, and with his body momentum going to the sidelines meaning there’s no chance he can roll the 2 full yards into the endzone without 2 Steelers at full speed touching him down.

It’s one thing to make those finger tip and flip the ball to yourself catches when all you have to do is complete the catch, it’s entirely another when you need YAC.
    It would have been close. There were two Steeler defenders coming as you said. We will never know for sure if he would be able to bulldoze into the endzone or not. Based on a previous play where he bulldozed for a first down, he might have done it. We also forget that this was the end of the game, and these guys are exhausted at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    LJ made a bad pass on the 2pt conversion. he moved up a couple of steps to get out of Watt's lane. he just hurried the throw. i will rewatch the game tomorrow but i don't know how Lamar got that ball to Watkins for the score. it looked like watkins was well defended.
    The TD was a thing of beauty. And then not so much

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That’s what I’m saying!
    See, here’s my issue. The offense played bad all night. Lamar was off all night. Roman was late getting the plays in all night. And yet, with the game on the line, we’re feeling ourselves enough to intentionally let Watt come free to throw behind him. So, Harbaugh spends the entire game grinding it out and then, at the last moment, turns into Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    See, here’s my issue. The offense played bad all night. Lamar was off all night. Roman was late getting the plays in all night. And yet, with the game on the line, we’re feeling ourselves enough to intentionally let Watt come free to throw behind him. So, Harbaugh spends the entire game grinding it out and then, at the last moment, turns into Vincent Kennedy McMahon.
    Normally, with the game on the line, I detest two-point conversion attempts which forego overtime. But, in retrospect, Harbaugh’s decision was right. Our defense was reeling. It was our best chance at winning.

My issue was with the play call. Although I can appreciate the concept of throwing behind Watt’s pass rush to an open Andrews, it is never a good idea to allow the key defender to go unchecked. Obviously the play didn’t develop as designed. Even with a reception, Andrews was outside the end zone with two defenders to beat.

CCx

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Normally, with the game on the line, I detest two-point conversion attempts which forego overtime. But, in retrospect, Harbaugh’s decision was right. Our defense was reeling. It was our best chance at winning.

My issue was with the play call. Although I can appreciate the concept of throwing behind Watt’s pass rush to an open Andrews, it is never a good idea to allow the key defender to go unchecked. Obviously the play didn’t develop as designed. Even with a reception, Andrews was outside the end zone with two defenders to beat.

CCx
    This pretty much says all there is to say, but why not ramble on some more. Why not call a read option like the final TD vs the Chiefs?

Who knows.... but here we are going back and forth over a missed 2 point attempt as if it’s any one players fault. It’s the last play of the game and no one knows or can prove whether the throw from Lamar was on point and Andrews missed it or vice versa, some combo of the 2, etc... Maybe we should be looking at the unit as a whole including coaches and the game as a whole with many minor victories and failures along the way.

Rather than beating a dead horse trying to prove whatever is our personal narrative re: Lamars performance .... he’s our best player so we will have to hang in there with him. I don’t think there’s any (serious) person who would argue otherwise. If you need one play to win a game there’s not another QB you want back there in our franchise history, not too many in league history either.

But the OP POSTED THE DANG VIDEO!