Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: What is the point of having Justin Tucker?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Every fucking ugly game we’ve won this year, the consistent theme has been, ‘We have Tucker and you don’t’, and every other opponent has had a Kicker either miss a FG, XP or both.

True to form, the reason we don’t have to go for two is because the other kicker missed an XP. I don’t care HOW shitty your defense played in the fourth. You use Tucker, until you are FORCED NOT TO use Tucker.
    Jerry Coleman wholeheartedly agrees with you that Ravens should have kicked it.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLocker View Post
    Please stop saying the defense was gassed, they played like 20 minutes the whole game.
    And gave up 17 of 20 points in the 4th quarter:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That sounds like a personal problem:
    Well, then I am glad you aren’t the coach.

Justin sticker didn’t matter, it was an extra point, that is a virtual lock for one point no matter who is kicking.

The way the defense played in the 4th quarter, I’d they lost the coin flip the game was over.

Might as well take the 60ish percent chance of scoring the 2 point conversion and winning before OT.
    Well maybe if Wink helped out his struggling secondary once in a while…..I mean would it really grip our souls to keep a few more safeties back?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Jerry Coleman wholeheartedly agrees with you that Ravens should have kicked it.
    Put your safeties back for once and make Pittsburgh drive 11 plays without making a mistake against that. But that’s too out of character for Wink.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well maybe if Wink helped out his struggling secondary once in a while…..I mean would it really grip our souls to keep a few more safeties back?
    So they have a minute and a half to survey the field?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLocker View Post
    Please stop saying the defense was gassed, they played like 20 minutes the whole game.
    Folks are still saying the D was gassed?lol

Blog Entries

I remember when Brian Billick decided to kick a FG at the end of regulation vs the Dolphins to go to OT instead of going for the win from the 2 yard line. We lost in OT and everyone was pissed off at Billick for going for the tie. When we were in the redzone about to score vs Pittsburgh, I said to my wife "after we score the TD I wont be surprised if we go for 2 to try to win the game" and we did. With the information I had at the time, I probably would have kicked the PAT if it were up to me, but I wasnt mad at the decision. Given what I know now about our injury situation on both offense and defense, I 100% believe it was the right decision. Our defense was gassed, hurt and had no confidence. Our only chance to win the game in OT was if we won the toss, took the ball and drove 75 yards for a TD and our offense wasnt looking good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So they have a minute and a half to survey the field?

A minute and a half for impatient Ben to do something stupid. Just don’t send three.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I remember when Brian Billick decided to kick a FG at the end of regulation vs the Dolphins to go to OT instead of going for the win from the 2 yard line. We lost in OT and everyone was pissed off at Billick for going for the tie. When we were in the redzone about to score vs Pittsburgh, I said to my wife "after we score the TD I wont be surprised if we go for 2 to try to win the game" and we did. With the information I had at the time, I probably would have kicked the PAT if it were up to me, but I wasnt mad at the decision. Given what I know now about our injury situation on both offense and defense, I 100% believe it was the right decision. Our defense was gassed, hurt and had no confidence. Our only chance to win the game in OT was if we won the toss, took the ball and drove 75 yards for a TD and our offense wasnt looking good.
    I feel/felt exactly like you. Would have kicked it but wasn't unhappy they went for it. Then after learning about Hump and down to three corners and needing to play McCrary at cornerback I instantly said that's 1000% the right decision.

Who is taking that kick position? Jerry, lol; Murray (Patriots equivalent of Jerry); people who do not realize that the Ravens were out of options. And Ex, who isn't like those other guys IMHO, I just don't understand why he's hanging onto that position.

No matter, it's over now

Michael Lombardi was a big kick it guy. I’m his biggest fan but as all of my posts suggest i think he is nuts to keep that position.

It's worth noting that, in a similar situation a few years ago, the Ravens scored a TD late in a game against the Saints and Harbaugh was faced with a similar choice. He opted to play for OT and have Tucker kick for the tie. The result? Justin missed his first ever NFL XP try and the Ravens lost.

That said, Tucker is the best ever at his position, so let's assume the kicked XP would have been automatic against the Steelers.

It all comes down to what you think your chances are in OT. I can respect the view of those who thought we should kick the XP. Given Pittsburgh's 4th quarter momentum and the cornerback situation, Harbaugh clearly believed it was better to go for two. I was - and still am - on board with that choice. The execution was poor, and it didn't work. If the execution had been there, everyone would be lauding Harbaugh's guts and reveling in a 21-20 win over our biggest rivals. C'est la vie. On to Cleveland.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 12-08-2021 at 11:31 PM.

12. Re: What is the point of having Justin Tucker?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    It's worth noting that, in a similar situation a few years ago, the Ravens scored a TD late in a game against the Saints and Harbaugh was faced with a similar choice. He opted to play for OT and have Tucker kick for the tie. The result? Justin missed his first ever NFL XP try and the Ravens lost.

That said, Tucker is the best ever at his position, so let's assume the kicked XP would have been automatic against the Steelers.

It all comes down to what you think your chances are in OT. I can respect the view of those who thought we should kick the XP. Given Pittsburgh's 4th quarter momentum and the cornerback situation, Harbaugh clearly believed it was better to go for two. I was - and still am - on board with that choice. The execution was poor, and it didn't work. If the execution had been there, everyone would be lauding Harbaugh's guts and reveling in a 21-20 win over our biggest rivals. C'est la vie. On to Cleveland.
    That game against the Saints was also at M&T Bank Stadium and was a back-and-forth type of nail-biter. Different circumstances entirely, which explains the different decision.