Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Would Harbaugh have interest in Notre Dame?

Listening to Dan Patrick show this morning and he mentioned potential interest. I find it hard to believe Harbaugh would leave the Ravens with a loyal owner and a young elite QB. Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Would Harbaugh have interest in Notre Dame?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleglasses View Post
    Listening to Dan Patrick show this morning and he mentioned potential interest. I find it hard to believe Harbaugh would leave the Ravens with a loyal owner and a young elite QB. Thoughts?
    No. Absolute nonsense. Fake news.

Money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles1 View Post
    Money.
    Bisciotti can pay more than any college.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Bisciotti can pay more than any college.
    You know that for a fact?

Blog Entries

Next year is the last year on Harbaugh's contract, right? Leaking that he might be interested in the Notre Dame job might be his agent's way of prompting Bisciotti to pony up a big contract extension.

I don't see the Ravens offering Harbaugh a contract that would compete with what Lincoln Riley got from USC though.

Robert Hefner V
    @RobertHefnerV
    Lincoln Riley USC contract details (not confirmed; best I could do):
    - $110 million
    - USC buying both his homes in Norman for $500,000 over asking ($1 million bonus)
    - Buying a $6 million home in LA for him
    - Unlimited use of the private jet 24/7 for family
    #Sooners #Trojans
    3:38 PM · Nov 29, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/RobertHefnerV/st...act-details%2F
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I cannot see John Harbaugh having any interest in any college job. The whole recruiting process is not him. It was many years ago but this is a guy who focuses on coaching. College head coaches spend a lot of time on recruiting and schmoozing alumni and all sorts of other stuff. John was a NFL assistant for a very long time because he likes the pro game. He certainly had the opportunity to coach in college if he had wanted to. His father was still coaching in college while John got the job here. If that's what John Harbaugh wanted he would have done it. I know money can be a big draw but John is going to get huge money on that extension. Steve has never been cheap and certainly won't in this case

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I cannot see John Harbaugh having any interest in any college job. The whole recruiting process is not him. It was many years ago but this is a guy who focuses on coaching. College head coaches spend a lot of time on recruiting and schmoozing alumni and all sorts of other stuff. John was a NFL assistant for a very long time because he likes the pro game. He certainly had the opportunity to coach in college if he had wanted to. His father was still coaching in college while John got the job here. If that's what John Harbaugh wanted he would have done it. I know money can be a big draw but John is going to get huge money on that extension. Steve has never been cheap and certainly won't in this case
    Just as an example of the financial strength of colleges, Harvard University Endowment AUM (assets under management) for 2021 is 53.2 billion. If ND were so inclined they could most likely better a Bisciotti offer. Fans always count on his love and loyalty to the team. When big money is involved all bets are off.

Feature the College jobs include a lot of job functions that John doesn't want to undertake, and with his brother Jim he knows first hand what those job functions are.

Just as an example of the financial strength of colleges, Harvard University Endowment AUM (assets under management) for 2021 is 53.2 billion. If ND were so inclined they could most likely better a Bisciotti offer. Fans always count on his love and loyalty to the team. When big money is involved all bets are off.
    The only caveat is that we don't actually know what Biscuit might pay Harbs. Coaches salaries are not included in the Cap and thus don't have to be fully disclosed. There was an article on PFT today saying the next wave of coaches salaries in the NFL will probably head north of 25 mill per year for top coaches. No doubt, deals like the one Lincoln just got are driving that. An NFL GM that has one of the top 6 or 7 guys in this league is not going to lose his coach over money.

Blog Entries

Why would any college spend $100+ million for a coach who has never coached a big time college program and also hasn't coached any college program in 25 years?

Look at the guys who have gotten these monster contracts recently in college. They aren't NFL coaches. Did you see Mike Tomlin's response when Carson Palmer leaked his name for the USC job? It was classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5secdkU0O7k

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Feature the College jobs include a lot of job functions that John doesn't want to undertake, and with his brother Jim he knows first hand what those job functions are.
    X’s and O’s, clock management, game day strategy, being integrating in schemes…..?