Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: School Shootings

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    It could be argued that you’re speaking from ignorance unless you have lived all over the US. Here’s the thing, if you make a statement of fact you have to have something other than personal anecdotes. Personal observations is evidence of nothing other than what you perceive. The data doesn’t bare out your assertion is all I’m saying.

A more accurate statement would have been I THINK Europe is just as diverse.

America is the most diverse developed country with a population of more than 50 million other than South Africa. That’s just a fact.

I’m not saying you were and didn’t mean to imply that. I’m saying people use Europe and it’s perceived diversity as a way of casting aspersions on the US and race relations. The fact is we have more problems because we have more diversity. We are also stronger for it.
    We have more problems because we have more people, not just diversity. People are stupid and do stupid things if you follow me

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I lived in alot of different places in the states as well both northern and southern regions haven't lived on the west coast so I can say I haven't experienced that

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I lived in alot of different places in the states as well both northern and southern regions haven't lived on the west coast so I do think I do have little bit more experience

I won’t question your experience, I don’t know you or where you have lived. The thing is experience means nothing in the face of data. To tie this all in to race and diversity look at the black community and their relationship to policing. You see instances like Philando Castile that is tragic and a clear case of police brutality. Then we treat Jacob Blake the same way. One was a man who had done nothing wrong and was a fine citizen, father, husband, and American who was killed because black man scary TO THAT OFFICER. Jacob blake was a pedophile, wife beating asshole who got shot for resisting arrest, noncompliance, and the coup de grace of reaching into his vehicle where a knife was place. The black community sees a shitty cop do something shitty to Philando Castile and naturally Jacob Blake is perceived as the same situation. The data say millions of cop and black interactions happen every year and an infinitesimal percent go bad.

Perception is nothing but a guess at what you see. Einstein kind of proved this. Perception and experience pale in comparison to the validity of data.

Edit: Mistakes were made!
    Last edited by Ranger; 12-03-2021 at 08:55 PM.

I won’t question your experience, I don’t know you or where you have lived. The thing is experience means nothing in the face of data. To tie this all in to race and diversity look at the black community and their relationship to policing. You see instances like Philando Castile that is tragic and a clear case of police brutality. Then we treat Jacob Blake the same way. One was a man who had done nothing wrong and was a fine citizen, father, husband, and American who was killed because black man scary TO THAT OFFICER. Jacob bike was a pedophile, wife beating asshole who got killed for resisting arrest, noncompliance, and the coup de grace of reaching into his vehicle where a knife was place. The black community sees a shitty cop do something shitty to Philando Castile and naturally Jacob Blake is perceived as the same situation. The data say millions of cop and black interactions happen every year and an infinitesimal percent go bad.

Perception is nothing but a guess at what you see. Einstein kind of proved this. Perception and experience pale in comparison to the validity of data.
    As said before, I agree with your first post alot of it makes total sense both liberal and conservatives screwed the pooch on this because they only see their side and refuse to listen to the other side. That's what sucks

I won’t question your experience, I don’t know you or where you have lived. The thing is experience means nothing in the face of data. To tie this all in to race and diversity look at the black community and their relationship to policing. You see instances like Philando Castile that is tragic and a clear case of police brutality. Then we treat Jacob Blake the same way. One was a man who had done nothing wrong and was a fine citizen, father, husband, and American who was killed because black man scary TO THAT OFFICER. Jacob blake was a pedophile, wife beating asshole who got killed for resisting arrest, noncompliance, and the coup de grace of reaching into his vehicle where a knife was place. The black community sees a shitty cop do something shitty to Philando Castile and naturally Jacob Blake is perceived as the same situation. The data say millions of cop and black interactions happen every year and an infinitesimal percent go bad.

I also believe you need a combination of data and experience if you follow what im saying because numbers doesn't show how they interact

Blog Entries

When you look at Europe and how the different cultures are integrated into society it's not

You’re moving the goal posts.

First it was Switzerland…then it was Europe…now it’s how cultures are integrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

First it was Switzerland…then it was Europe…now it’s how cultures are integrated.

Switzerland was about guns no goal post movement at all sir but Switzerland is also diverse enough to take different cultures in its borders and people get along

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

You forgot the word white before cultures….

I also believe you need a combination of data and experience if you follow what im saying because numbers doesn't show how they interact

You need experience to make decisions and data to solve problems. In this instance singular experience is useless.

What crime are they charging the parents with? Also, would someone please explain the terrorism charge here? Was this ethnically, religiously or ideologically motivated in some way I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    What crime are they charging the parents with? Also, would someone please explain the terrorism charge here? Was this ethnically, religiously or ideologically motivated in some way I'm missing?
    Involantary manslaugher. I guess they think the parents ‘knew something’ and didn’t do enogh to stop him????

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Involantary manslaugher. I guess they think the parents ‘knew something’ and didn’t do enogh to stop him????
    Probably another prosecutorial overreach.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk