Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

School Shootings

Why does America have so many more school shootings than the rest of the world? Is there anything we can do to end this? I can't imagine how the parents of those three kids who lost their lives must feel.

Why has there been no substantive action taken? Are we ok with this as a country?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Re: School Shootings

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Why does America have so many more school shootings than the rest of the world? Is there anything we can do to end this? I can't imagine how the parents of those three kids who lost their lives must feel.

Why has there been no substantive action taken? Are we ok with this as a country?

I believe it is our culture/mentality. Switzerland has more freedom with guns than we do but their peoples mentality is totally different

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Waukesha you talkin' about Willis?

I thought it was, you know, the bullying.

Mental health?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Mental health?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Do you think the state of our country leads to worse mental health outcomes over other countries?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I believe it is our culture/mentality. Switzerland has more freedom with guns than we do but their peoples mentality is totally different

What about the mentality is different? Explain further if you could

What about the mentality is different? Explain further if you could

It's a do what we want no one can tell us what to do everything is our right we are very arrogant and selfish as Americans

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    It's a do what we want no one can tell us what to do everything is our right we are very arrogant and selfish as Americans

It's a shame that not even kids dying in school in droves changes this attitude. I've also never understood the whole "good guy with a gun line."
    If you've ever had the displeasure of seeing a school shooting video, you'd know that by the time anyone "good" could get to a gun, multiple kids are already dead.

Blog Entries

No, we are not okay with this.

What type of substantive action would you like to be done?

I have my thoughts, but I'd be curious to see what yours are.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No, we are not okay with this.

What type of substantive action would you like to be done?

I have my thoughts, but I'd be curious to see what yours are.
    I'm not gonna try and act like I have the answers. It seems to me like this is a situation where the cats been let out of the bag. I don't know how to reverse this countries attitude to guns.

I feel like there are common sense gun reforms that have been sitting around for awhile but nothing seems to be getting done.

I've brought up the idea of fingerprint locking guns, and the pushback was that it's unfair to put the cost on gun manufacturers/gun buyers. That response was foolishness to me. You're naively saying that gun costs are more important than children's lives. We've pushed seatbelt and airbag costs onto the car manufacturer/buyer, and there's no reason the same shouldn't be done with guns

Blog Entries

I'm not gonna try and act like I have the answers. It seems to me like this is a situation where the cats been let out of the bag. I don't know how to reverse this countries attitude to guns.

I feel like there are common sense gun reforms that have been sitting around for awhile but nothing seems to be getting done.

I've brought up the idea of fingerprint locking guns, and the pushback was that it's unfair to put the cost on gun manufacturers/gun buyers. That response was foolishness to me. You're naively saying that gun costs are more important than children's lives. We've pushed seatbelt and airbag costs onto the car manufacturer/buyer, and there's no reason the same shouldn't be done with guns

Well, I'm not for forcing people to wear seatbelts, so I don't see the correlation there.

However, there are trigger locks, storage safes etc. All things you can do without some astronomical cost of finger print safety.

You're trying to fix the symptom when you need to go deeper and fix the cause, which are many such as cultural, single parents etc.

So what laws, ‘common sense’ or otherwise do you think is going to stop shooters? Shooters who are already not deterred by laws against murder, attempted murder, aggravated assault etc???