Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Things that could go right...

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Just don’t see it with Williams…think if it was going to happen, it would. I’m more optimistic McCrary gets a shot and provides a spark…shocked he hasn’t gotten chance already given how clear it is that they don’t trust Williams.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    ON OFFENSE

Juwuan James succeeds at coming back in a week or two. He starts out stiff but by the playoffs he is well enough to move to RT and Mekari moves to LT. AV becomes the swing. This makes our pass protection bearable.

Ben Cleveland gets healthy and joins the OL rotation for situations where we have the lead and we want to pound the run. Even Phillips sees some occasional action at the end of games when everyone knows we are going to eat clock.

Speaking of the run game, Ty'Son Williams masters a few of the smaller details of the run game and emerges from the doghouse with four games left and fresh legs. This allows the offense to become two dimensional again.
    This is all we'd need to become genuine Super Bowl contenders - a running threat. We saw against the Chargers terrible run defense that if the Ravens offense can run on an opponent, the passing game can tear teams apart.

The defense still has a big play problem but we've seen it move into good-enough-to-win-with territory recently.

Of course, Lamar would need to get back to his usual self but I'm confident that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    This is all we'd need to become genuine Super Bowl contenders - a running threat. We saw against the Chargers terrible run defense that if the Ravens offense can run on an opponent, the passing game can tear teams apart.

The defense still has a big play problem but we've seen it move into good-enough-to-win-with territory recently.

Of course, Lamar would need to get back to his usual self but I'm confident that will happen.
    My eyes have seen the defense step up in a major way the past 3 weeks. I don’t think they are a problem but the running game - as above - being improved could be a god send

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Duvernay gets his hands on the football on offense 8 to 10 times... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Duvernay gets his hands on the football on offense 8 to 10 times... Bc
    I'd settle for 5 to 6 ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Everybody on the goddamn offense needs to drink 4 or 5 shots of 5 hour energy and wake the fuck up by kickoff. Not wake up somewhere in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Play every goddamn down like it is your last.
    Cue Brian Billick screaming, wearing his Ravens cowboy hat during training camp: “TEMPO, WE NEED SOME DAMN TEMPO ABOUT US!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are many assumptions,
    one game at a time .....

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    there are many assumptions,
    one game at a time .....
    True that. Somehow get the 1 seed. Get a bye.

Stay as healthy as we are now.. sadly injuries are a party of the game and other teams will surely get bit by it.

I've remained optimistic. The 2012 team had a some significant injuries. I still say Subway missed the boat by not signing Ellerbe to do commercials for them. How does one eat a 12 inch sub with 2 broken thumbs? Though not as significant as this year, Suggs, Ray, Ngata, Reed, Webbie, Yanda, Ellerbe, others all had some major issues. Drama with the O line thru week 14 or so as I re-call. I still say Subway missed the boat by not signing Ellerbe to do commercials for them. How does one eat a 12 inch sub with 2 broken thumbs?

2 cents from the old guy living in the past.

A lot of things are already gone right it's entertainment in the end

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

When I first saw this thread, I thought,

An awful lot of things would have to go right at this point for da Crowz to stay in the hunt.

At the same time it would only take one or two more things going dreadfully wrong to wreck the season.
    Aaaaaand see ya next season, Humphreys and Mekari. And there are 5 more games for anyone else to incur a season-ending injury.

It was kind of amazing while it lasted, but it looks like the end of the road.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!