Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Things that could go right...

Before the season began I thought I heard that someone in the Raven brass thought 2022 was the year we would compete. 2021 is clearly not our year and yet... here we are at 8-3 while seemingly playing as bad as we possibly can.

So, in the name of the Mile-High Miracle, let's discuss the viability of a series of fortunate events that might make the impossible possible.

So what do you think? Suppose...

ON OFFENSE

Juwuan James succeeds at coming back in a week or two. He starts out stiff but by the playoffs he is well enough to move to RT and Mekari moves to LT. AV becomes the swing. This makes our pass protection bearable.

Ben Cleveland gets healthy and joins the OL rotation for situations where we have the lead and we want to pound the run. Even Phillips sees some occasional action at the end of games when everyone knows we are going to eat clock.

Speaking of the run game, Ty'Son Williams masters a few of the smaller details of the run game and emerges from the doghouse with four games left and fresh legs. This allows the offense to become two dimensional again.

Finally, something clicks in the passing game when Lamar's protection improves due to the addition of James, and we learn to use our new weapons earlier on in games.

Sammy Watkins stays healthy

ON DEFENSE

Oweh, Queen, Bowser continue to shine and Matubuike becomes a little more of a force. Our pass rush jells and goes up a notch as we get home more often.

Hayes or/and Harrison start to make a few plays, adding to our depth

Bynes stays healthy

Somehow the secondary gets healthy. Jimmy Smith has one more run in him starting in late December.

Most importantly, we find a way to cut out the mistakes in the secondary that lead to big plays.

ON SPECIAL TEAMS

Tucker continues to be Tucker

Duvernay breaks a couple

Are any of these hopes unreasonable?

Is there anything else that could go right, short of Lamar cloning himself.

Re: Things that could go right...

Is James that close to coming back? That would be interesting for sure

Devonta Freeman turning the clock back five years
    90% of the game is half mental

Trust that the worst of Lamar is behind him.

As Lamar goes, so go the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Is James that close to coming back? That would be interesting for sure
    Thought I remembered some comment from a Harbaugh presser that he was doing well in his rehab or something. Will see if I can dig it up tomorrow if I remember.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Just don’t see it with Williams…think if it was going to happen, it would. I’m more optimistic McCrary gets a shot and provides a spark…shocked he hasn’t gotten chance already given how clear it is that they don’t trust Williams.

Blog Entries

Lamar could play up to his full MVP level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Thought I remembered some comment from a Harbaugh presser that he was doing well in his rehab or something. Will see if I can dig it up tomorrow if I remember.

All I remember is this tweet from Zrebiec on Nov 18:

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    Nov 18
    Interesting sight on practice field that has no relevance to Sunday's game was OT Ja'Wuan James, who is on the reserve/non-football injury list after tearing Achilles in offseason, being put through a workout by head athletic trainer Ron Medlin.

Blog Entries

Don't have high hopes for James or Williams but the offense could continue to gel a bit and Lamar could just be Lamar. If he snaps back to his elite level it fixes a lot of things. Even that Browns game, very few QBs could've pulled that off

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    All I remember is this tweet from Zrebiec on Nov 18:

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    Nov 18
    Interesting sight on practice field that has no relevance to Sunday's game was OT Ja'Wuan James, who is on the reserve/non-football injury list after tearing Achilles in offseason, being put through a workout by head athletic trainer Ron Medlin.
    That's what I was thinking of. Good call.

Play calling improves . First half scores more frequent

Blog Entries

Everybody on the goddamn offense needs to drink 4 or 5 shots of 5 hour energy and wake the fuck up by kickoff. Not wake up somewhere in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Play every goddamn down like it is your last.