Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 105.7 The Fan 2PM Show Weinman and LaCanfora are an utter embarrassment

I'm pretty sure one or more posters on this board are guys from the 105.7 shows or from their programming teams. Several of the opinions you read on here sound exactly like the bullshit they spew on that station and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I'm pretty sure one or more posters on this board are guys from the 105.7 shows or from their programming teams. Several of the opinions you read on here sound exactly like the bullshit they spew on that station and vice versa.
    You have to wonder why the official Baltimore ravens forum shutdown years ago. Things had to have gotten out control so the moderators called it quits
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

3. Re: 105.7 The Fan 2PM Show Weinman and LaCanfora are an utter embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    Where can you listen to Filmstudy?
    https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/

Ken McKusick also puts podcasts out regularly and you can listen to them on pretty much every major streaming audio platform.

4. Re: 105.7 The Fan 2PM Show Weinman and LaCanfora are an utter embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You have to wonder why the official Baltimore ravens forum shutdown years ago. Things had to have gotten out control so the moderators called it quits
    I don't think it was anything more dramatic than the BR.com site changing platforms and no longer wanting to worry/pay for integrating a forum into it. Their news articles still allow for user comments, which they could easily shut down if the official site posters were anywhere as bad as local talk radio.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    It's a toxic culture at The Fan and the one who stirs that drink is the program director ("PD"), Chuck Sapienza. He's a different breed of cat. Inside Access is his creation and programming sets the boundaries driven by ratings which drives revenue. I can tell you that money is what they care about most and they'll shift with the wind to chase the Benjamins, quality programming be damned. They are like Jerry Springer sports talk.

The only real competitors they have are satellite radio and podcasts, both of which I prefer and it's not even close. On occasion I will seek out a local perspective and dial in. Without fail, I'm annoyed by one of the hosts or both (because Weinman kowtows to JLC as if he's Adam Schefter) or I have to sit through 7 minutes of ads. Either way I'm out pretty quickly. I feel bad for companies that pay good money to have their ads on that platform.

Until they have a capable local competitor or a change at PD, it's unlikely that anything will change materially. I have to admit that I harbor this hope that one day Mark Viviano will return. He's insightful and intelligent but then I think, why would he want any part of that toxicity?
    This is where I point out that we have a five page thread and counting specifically to talk about how bad they are, and that is music to Chuck's ears.

People - my advice is, if you hate them that much, to stop listening to them and for goodness sake stop making threads about them. Otherwise you're falling into their hands.

6. Re: 105.7 The Fan 2PM Show Weinman and LaCanfora are an utter embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    This is where I point out that we have a five page thread and counting specifically to talk about how bad they are, and that is music to Chuck's ears.
    "No such thing as bad publicity" and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I don't think it was anything more dramatic than the BR.com site changing platforms and no longer wanting to worry/pay for integrating a forum into it. Their news articles still allow for user comments, which they could easily shut down if the official site posters were anywhere as bad as local talk radio.
    That's what I think as well. I never visited BR.com forums much, but from my recollection it was usually more tame than some of the posts we see on Ravens 24x7.

8. Re: 105.7 The Fan 2PM Show Weinman and LaCanfora are an utter embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    That's what I think as well. I never visited BR.com forums much, but from my recollection it was usually more tame than some of the posts we see on Ravens 24x7.
    Yeah, I came over from the team site boards. RSR is absolutely more astringent than even the most "controversial" thread on BR.com, to my recollection. But, hey, never a dull moment. =P

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    It's a toxic culture at The Fan and the one who stirs that drink is the program director ("PD"), Chuck Sapienza. He's a different breed of cat. Inside Access is his creation and programming sets the boundaries driven by ratings which drives revenue. I can tell you that money is what they care about most and they'll shift with the wind to chase the Benjamins, quality programming be damned. They are like Jerry Springer sports talk.

The only real competitors they have are satellite radio and podcasts, both of which I prefer and it's not even close. On occasion I will seek out a local perspective and dial in. Without fail, I'm annoyed by one of the hosts or both (because Weinman kowtows to JLC as if he's Adam Schefter) or I have to sit through 7 minutes of ads. Either way I'm out pretty quickly. I feel bad for companies that pay good money to have their ads on that platform.

Until they have a capable local competitor or a change at PD, it's unlikely that anything will change materially. I have to admit that I harbor this hope that one day Mark Viviano will return. He's insightful and intelligent but then I think, why would he want any part of that toxicity?
    Nestor Aparicio could have built a worthy competitor at WNST, but he's probably even more toxic and never meant a bridge that he didn't burn down in his career. It's terrible that you can't find any decent programming for local sports talk in Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The upside is they can see most of us think LaCanfora is a fucking idiot. Hi Jason... you putz.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

People - my advice is, if you hate them that much, to stop listening to them and for goodness sake stop making threads about them. Otherwise you're falling into their hands.
    I'd never start a thread on them, but I can't resist good sport. Besides, if you actually listen to their shows voluntarily you have bigger issues in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    It's terrible that you can't find any decent programming for local sports talk in Baltimore.
    This.

No doubt Inside Access is the worst, but every show on that station barely deserves a one star rating.

Just went to run an errand, dropping off dry cleaning and grabbing a coffee. Loaded the Audacy app to get to the 105.7 stream. In the car for 20 minutes, heard one segment "Buy or Sell" on the Vinny and Hanie show. The rest of the time was commercials and buffering. I think I heard a full 6 minutes of content. Beyond the fact that the content itself wasn't very compelling or interesting, the 14 minutes of ads and technological inefficiencies just hammer home the point that the whole experience just sucks basically. The "interesting" thing they said was that Coleman pissed Harbs off by asking him something about college coaching and Harbs walked off. And loving the fact that they think Jerry knows how to push Harbs' buttons. It was the first time I had tuned in since I started working from home full time and it's exactly how I remember it. At least as far as Baltimore sports talk is concerned, podcasts seem like a far better option. I've heard people mention Sirius as well...are there any dedicated Baltimore stations on there, or just the national shows I remember seeing before a few years back?