Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 105.7 The Fan 2PM Show Weinman and LaCanfora are an utter embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    I had to turn them off this afternoon.

For the second straight day they have crucified our franchise QB and former NFL MVP. The 24 year old is coming off a 17 day absence due to illness with no running game and a problematic defense, minus the last game.... They are talking up his 71 passer rating and the fact that he's thrown more picks than TD's in recent games. The overall 'Sky is Falling' is their gig..... trying to stir up shit. It was pathetic. Half the time when they aren't badmouthing Roman, Wink, O'Line, RB's etc.. they are screaming like to 15 year olds.

Other than Haney, no one on that station 105.7 is worth the time of day.
    "embarrassment" thats how i feel when those 2 are on, literaly embarrassed for them. Its not even the bait they throw out to get attention,m theyre just unlikable cringe machines.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    I have discovered that Cleveland Radio has some sports talk shows that put B’mores to shame.
    Most radio sports talk shows across the country are bad. The problem goes deeper / higher up than the individual shows.

Podcasts are generally the better option these days for content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    so it's the audible version of this board?
    That's funny!!! Just thinking that myself. The only difference is that they get paid big bucks to do it. I've long ago stopped listening to any sports shows that don't rely on former players or coaches etc. etc. to supply opinion. All the rest are background noise to sell dish soap and shaving cream.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    More eyes being opened, people starting to see the truth. Lamar has had more bad games than good this year, hell even the Colts game he sucked for 3 quarters till the Colts were down to their 6th and 7th DBs because of injuries, make Lamar play on his 5 year option than decide if he is a franchise QB or not, I am betting on the latter
    I love the fact that you only look at 3 quarters of the Colts game.

That was the game where he threw for (franchise record) 442 yards and 4 touchdowns. At that point in the season, he had personally accounted for more yards than half the TEAMS in the NFL. From CNN, "He became the first quarterback in the NFL to complete 85% of his passes in a 400-yard game. He became the first player in NFL history with 400 yards passing, four touchdown passes, no interceptions and 50 yards rushing. He also had the highest completion rate in a 40-pass game in NFL history (86% with 37-of-43 attempts)." Four straight TD drives on his last four possessions, each one going at least 68 yards -- AND HE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO 3RD DOWN ON ANY OF THEM!!!

So yeah, that guy sucks. Thanks for bringing us The Truth. Are you auditioning for a drive time slot at The Fan?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Don't forget 3 fumbles, total of 15 turnovers. Lamar has been up and down this year. We have a lot of problems on offense and Lamar's mistakes are just one of them. If he can get that under control then that would be just good enough to overcome the issues along the OL.
    I think Lamar looks up and down, but given the fact the O-Line is in tatters and Devote Freeman is a very good third string running back, it would be miraculous if there weren't some rough edges.

If we win 12-13 games this year, he should be a serious MVP candidate.

Lamar criticism is funny Ask a Jet Giant and Jaguar fan if they are willing to pay a qb to get them to the playoffs every year or continue to be in the top 5 of the draft. I think we know the answer. Another thing there is no guarantee we win a Super bowl but the first step is making it to the dance I rather do that than search for a qb every year

[QUOTE=RevBarnes;2181387]Stats are a funny thing.

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics!

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    More eyes being opened, people starting to see the truth. Lamar has had more bad games than good this year, hell even the Colts game he sucked for 3 quarters till the Colts were down to their 6th and 7th DBs because of injuries, make Lamar play on his 5 year option than decide if he is a franchise QB or not, I am betting on the latter
    Color me shocked

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I love the fact that you only look at 3 quarters of the Colts game.

That was the game where he threw for (franchise record) 442 yards and 4 touchdowns. At that point in the season, he had personally accounted for more yards than half the TEAMS in the NFL. From CNN, "He became the first quarterback in the NFL to complete 85% of his passes in a 400-yard game. He became the first player in NFL history with 400 yards passing, four touchdown passes, no interceptions and 50 yards rushing. He also had the highest completion rate in a 40-pass game in NFL history (86% with 37-of-43 attempts)." Four straight TD drives on his last four possessions, each one going at least 68 yards -- AND HE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO 3RD DOWN ON ANY OF THEM!!!

So yeah, that guy sucks. Thanks for bringing us The Truth. Are you auditioning for a drive time slot at The Fan?
    To be fair to that troll's point, Lamar was quiet for 3 quarters and then had the best quarter I've seen from a Ravens QB. Lamar and the rest of the offense can't seem to start early enough.

Blog Entries

Right after the game Lamar said he was horrible. He said that 4 interceptions was not acceptable. There were no excuses.

I didn't hear the broadcast but if it was about how bad the past couple of games have been offensively then they are absolutely right. If it was more about how this can't improve and this is it going forward, then I would have turned it off too.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    I have discovered that Cleveland Radio has some sports talk shows that put B’mores to shame.
    We really don't have a "must listen" sports show in this town. It's sad. I have 105.7 on in my car for play by play of O's games, or Terps games, but when it's not a live game....I quickly hop on to bluetooth & go to sirius or a podcast. Shrill, screamy, yelly, superiority-complex, small-wienered (guessing), pansy-ass hosts (minus Ed Norris & Rob Long) on all sports talk here. It's un-listenable. At least get a host who does legit film analysis & can tell us something we don't already know, or find a way to not make your buffoonery so off-putting. Local radio is terrible here, and I miss the old days of WNST 1570 - at least they had (at times) hosts who asked good questions & could bring some analysis or a look at the personalities behind the scenes. 105.7 - without live games - would never be listened to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    To be fair to that troll's point, Lamar was quiet for 3 quarters and then had the best quarter I've seen from a Ravens QB. Lamar and the rest of the offense can't seem to start early enough.
    The early part of games are scripted. They are following a prearranged plan of how to run the offense. Then as it falls apart it's about finding the adjustments that work. Finally it's letting the QB just do what he's comfortable doing.

The Ravens offense can't establish whatever their goals are when they plan the game. They have trouble adjusting. Finally they just let it rip and somehow pull it out. We even saw this in the Chicago game without Lamar. It's the end of the game and they have to score a TD and suddenly for the first time in the entire game they are moving the ball. What changed? It that one they let the running back loose and instinct took over for the QB. The pace quickened significantly.

This offense is better when it's less planned or scripted. Years ago I head Jim Kelly talk about how the Bills offense worked much better in the 2 minute offense. So, they decided to run the 2 minute offense most of the time and one of most prolific offensive teams was born. The coaches should look at why things work in the 4th quarter and start that earlier in the game.