Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Is Oline a Long Term Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't see the Ravens spending their first round pick on an OL in this upcoming draft. There are too many other glaring needs especially on the DL, unless they get some definitive word that either Stanley and/or James are not going to be able to return from their injuries next year. However, they could still get a good OT in the second or third round.
    THIS! We've got to get younger on the DL first and foremost. But a swing OT needs to be drafted in the 2 - 3 rounds. It has to be a priority with Stanley's health in question.

James is signed through next year and if they retain, Mekari, that gives them some insurance on the right side.

If we can't resign Bozeman (I'd be shocked if we do with Lamar's contract looming), then we have Colon with Mekari as back-up.

Zeitler is playing at a high level and is signed for next year. And we have Powers and Cleveland to duke it out for the LG postion.

I'd like to see a developmental OC/OG in the later rounds. We've had a track record of developing them into quality starters.

My priorities in the draft:

1. DI
    2. Swing OT
    3. DE
    4. CB/S
    5. RB
    6. TE
    7. OG/OC

I think it rolls back to BPA.
    With the exception of QB,TE,and possibly WR, (did I just really type that about the Ravens?), they will go BPA.
    Could be EDGE, CB, OL, DL, S, LB

There needs to be an RB in later rounds as insurance for JK & Gus, and a TE somewhere in the mix (Ruckert, Whylie, LaPorte, Kolar, Billingsley)
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

5. Re: Is Oline a Long Term Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's interesting to see Morgan Moses on the list objectively worse than Mekari in both Pass and Run Block Win Rate. I know his was a name that was bounced around as a strong RT Free Agent candidate this offseason.

Here's hoping Mekari gets back to 100% physically. He still looked hobbled by injury last week.

Wow! Kudos to Mekari! Everyone says he is out of position but this shows he is busting his ass to hold his own! He definitely needs to get more respect for his contributions this year!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Wow! Kudos to Mekari! Everyone says he is out of position but this shows he is busting his ass to hold his own! He definitely needs to get more respect for his contributions this year!
    His main issue this year is he just hasn’t been healthy

I can see an Ot in the first round, but not Faalele, raw, he only plays Rt, I would prefer someone with more flexibility in the position, steuber ot from Michigan is almost the same size, played guard and tackle and we can get him lower.
    I think the defensive side has better prospects for the first round

Mekari out there screaming "short arms, dont care!"

But seriously, would love if we can keep him beyond this year. I know he's on a 1-year deal. Does he qualify for a tender through being a restricted free agent next year? Or is he going to be a unrestricted FA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    If James comes back and finishes this year strong, I could see them trying to extend him this off-season.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    We signed him to a 2-year deal. The 1st year, we're pretty much just paying him to recover in our building while he learns the schemes. So even if he doesn't play this year, he should be a decent swing tackle next year if worst comes to worst.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Rwt, the part in bold is what would "worry" me. I don't necessarily see EDC spending a 1st on an inexperienced player. Sometimes a guy's size, or his athleticism, doesn't translate on the football field... Bc
    That is, however, the very issue with Odafe Oweh coming into last year's draft. Of course we'd need to see if Faalele tests off the charts first.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Mekari has been vital to the team's success this season. It's quite surprising. Somehow he finds a way, no matter what position on the OL he plays.