Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Is Oline a Long Term Problem

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Is there a reason you can't follow both?

I love Coach Evans. But Filmstudy does something the coach does not do: he looks at each individual lineman on each individual play, and gives them a score based on an objective scoring system. He explains his scoring method, so if you disagree, you can at least find out WHY you disagree. His analysis holds a lot more weight than anybody who does not put in that effort and just tries to assess the line play based on a general impression from watching the game.
    Grading can be a dangerous game. You get a number result, sure! That's great, it's objective.

But was the process done properly? Was every single assignment understood to grade it and add up to that overall otucome grade? I don't know man, tough one for me. It's the exact same methodology issues you can get with PFF grading. Whether you see the formula or not, you really need to trust that the assignments were understood when assessing each positive or negative within a grading system.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Also Coach Evans is one of the most knowledgable Ravens content providers I've met. He was just on TGWF to do a film analysis of Queen with @abukari and @dennard13. Ironically, a lot of things they pointed to a few weeks ago is what you're seeing Queen do well now.

They don't have grades, but they know the game damn well and can show you the film.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Also Coach Evans is one of the most knowledgable Ravens content providers I've met. He was just on TGWF to do a film analysis of Queen with @abukari and @dennard13. Ironically, a lot of things they pointed to a few weeks ago is what you're seeing Queen do well now.

They don't have grades, but they know the game damn well and can show you the film.
    Hear Hear! Coach Evans is good stuff