Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 192021

Thread: Week 13 Games

Blog Entries

Re: Week 13 Games

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It was the 60 yard run that lost the game.

"Let's not give more credit than we need to give credit to Bill Belichick in this one," McDermott said after the loss. "Whether it's Bill or anybody else -- they beat us, right? You sit here and you tell me when we start with an average starting field position at the 40-yard line and he starts at the 23-yard line -- and I'm rounding up in both cases -- and we were 1 for 4 in the red zone, and they were 0 for 1 in the red zone? You give me that ahead of time then I like my chances. I like my chances. So, with all due respect, it's not a Bill Belichick-type thing. It's what are you doing with the opportunities you got? What are you doing with the opportunities you got? We turned the ball over at the plus 30-something yard line. It's sloppy football. It's sloppy football. So, I'm very comfortable in that situation."

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-downplays-bill-belichick-s-impact-after-mnf-loss-to-p
    I disagree. It may look so due to the final score, but that was in the first quarter, they should have been able to overcome that. It was the other 162 yards they gave up on the ground. Allen couldn't handle the pressure either. Bellchick provided the league with the blueprint to beat them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I disagree. It may look so due to the final score, but that was in the first quarter, they should have been able to overcome that. It was the other 162 yards they gave up on the ground. Allen couldn't handle the pressure either. Bellchick provided the league with the blueprint to beat them.
    you mean the same game plan the Colts used 2 weeks ago? I think they had 240 yards rushing.

Bills can't stop the run. And last night there were 50 mph winds so passing was not a good option unless going in a specific direction and angle.

Also quietly, the Pats haven't allowed a second half score in 5 games
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I've never heard a coach say he wanted to get his punter going...

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/sta...925083652?s=20

Blog Entries

you mean the same game plan the Colts used 2 weeks ago? I think they had 240 yards rushing.

Bills can't stop the run. And last night there were 50 mph winds so passing was not a good option unless going in a specific direction and angle.

Also quietly, the Pats haven't allowed a second half score in 5 games
    Yesterday was the first Patriots game I watched this year. We were used to seeing them throw the ball all over the field. I have to say I was impressed with their discipline to stick with the run, weather or not. In their first three possessions, they faced third and long, and they ran the ball each time. In the third one, they broke the 60-yard run. They have a very good O-line. They were pushing the Bills back all game. And yes, their defense is pretty good too. They usually have a very good secondary (ask Lee Evans) but yesterday they were good up front too.

(BTW, I still think that was a TD, but that is ancient history now.)

Blog Entries

I've never heard a coach say he wanted to get his punter going...

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/sta...925083652?s=20
    It seems that this is a fake quote.

Last night proves why you need a running game and a defense that can stop the run. Bills play in one of the coldest cities in football and they are built for Miami. This kind of weather take your qb and wrs away

Blog Entries

Belichek is going to throw the ball 45 times the next time they meet in 3 weeks. And beat them again.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

It seems that this is a fake quote.
    are you sure? this guy is the Giants inside reporter. If he was tricked that's a big one...

Blog Entries

Yesterday was the first Patriots game I watched this year. We were used to seeing them throw the ball all over the field. I have to say I was impressed with their discipline to stick with the run, weather or not. In their first three possessions, they faced third and long, and they ran the ball each time. In the third one, they broke the 60-yard run. They have a very good O-line. They were pushing the Bills back all game. And yes, their defense is pretty good too. They usually have a very good secondary (ask Lee Evans) but yesterday they were good up front too.

(BTW, I still think that was a TD, but that is ancient history now.)
    some pretty funny insight from Ben Watson

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSWatson/...449926147?s=20

Sometimes Belichick would tell the offense we weren’t throwing until we get _______ first downs. So you receivers better block if you want to catch a pass today

I remember when the Ravens got roasted and ridiculed in the press for completing only 4-10 passes in a playoff WIN at New England in 2010. Our running attack and defense were stellar that day. This was the game when Ray Rice bolted 83 yards for a TD on the first scrimmage play.

Yet here we are, predictably the press is fawning all over Belichick for essentially doing the same thing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bill-belich...063824113.html

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I remember when the Ravens got roasted and ridiculed in the press for completing only 4-10 passes in a playoff WIN at New England in 2010. Our running attack and defense were stellar that day. This was the game when Ray Rice bolted 83 yards for a TD on the first scrimmage play.

Yet here we are, predictably the press is fawning all over Belichick for essentially doing the same thing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bill-belich...063824113.html
    One thing you do hear more often than not, which is light years more important than whatever mainstream media thinks, is Belichick complimenting the Ravens organization for various reasons.
    "I believe the state of Football has made defenders timid... we know the rules are implemented to help the NFL offense score points because people tend to like when touchdowns are scored... You'll watch a great game and the game will be 10-10 going into the fourth quarter and people will be like, 'I'm bored'."

-Ed Reed