Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 8-3 - AFC 1st Seed [Warning: Optimistic Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    The Steelers games are very dangerous. If they’re going down the toilet they’ll want to take the Ravens with them, and they’re still mathematically alive so they’ll play hard regardless. They collapse in December sometimes, but they shouldn’t be overlooked. Those are two extremely tough games. Every game left is basically against a playoff caliber team, so if the Ravens are still standing at the end they will have earned their berth.
    The issue with the Steelers to me is they play them in the final game and that's very possibly going to be Ben's last game. If that's the case they're really going to pull out all the stops to win that game and send him to retirement with a W since playoffs probably aren't happening for them this year. They need to at least have a playoff spot locked up by W17 - not necessarily the 1, but they need to be in.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The issue with the Steelers to me is they play them in the final game and that's very possibly going to be Ben's last game. If that's the case they're really going to pull out all the stops to win that game and send him to retirement with a W since playoffs probably aren't happening for them this year. They need to at least have a playoff spot locked up by W17 - not necessarily the 1, but they need to be in.
    Bhc, what does "pull out all the stops to win" mean? Perhaps the Ravens will be fighting for top AFC seed and a BYE week to rest their weary bones? If so, won't we "pull out all the stops to win?" Plus, maybe by the 2021 last regular season game, Ben will be battered and bruised?
    Folks, we're winning by the skin of our teeth, walking the thin edge of defeat, but still winning games... OK, ugly, but on the victorious side. Also this talk of us not going deep into the playoffs (due to injuries?), if so look at how resilient this team has been. 8 - 3, atop the AFC, who wouldda thunk it? I may be wearing purple glasses, laughing my way to disaster, but until I see it with these old eyes of mine, let's see some other team prove it... Bc

The best we can do in any week is be 1-0. This is a week to week league this year more than ever. Thoughts six games away are pure foolishness. Beat the Steelers this week and everything gets easier. Beat the Browns next week and I expect the Browns to be done for the year. Get to 10-3 and I could see 3 out of 4 as a real possibility. With our injuries any game we win without adding more injuries is a double win.

I thought that was the SUPER BOWL MVP , my bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    It made Joe Flacco elite right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    The best we can do in any week is be 1-0. This is a week to week league this year more than ever. Thoughts six games away are pure foolishness. Beat the Steelers this week and everything gets easier. Beat the Browns next week and I expect the Browns to be done for the year. Get to 10-3 and I could see 3 out of 4 as a real possibility. With our injuries any game we win without adding more injuries is a double win.
    Amen

Thank you for putting a trigger warning for optimism. It's not the kind of thing I expect to see around here. What's so wrong with a traditional RSR overreaction thread title like 'Harbaugh and Humphrey should be shot at dawn'?

7. Re: Ravens 8-3 - AFC 1st Seed [Warning: Optimistic Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Thank you for putting a trigger warning for optimism. It's not the kind of thing I expect to see around here. What's so wrong with a traditional RSR overreaction thread title like 'Harbaugh and Humphrey should be shot at dawn'?
    We're going to wait until dawn? Take off the purple glasses, you homer!