Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Boyle

Nick Boyle

At one point I turned to the person next to me and asked, "is Boyle even active today?"

He was. But I don't remember even seeing him. Officially, ten snaps. No targets, which is not all that surprising.

Tomlinson logged a near season-high offensive 27 snaps. He had 34 v the Vikings. I'm not complaining but wondering if anyone has heard anything about Boyle's level of recovering from that brutal injury?
    "That's what."
    — She

Re: Nick Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    At one point I turned to the person next to me and asked, "is Boyle even active today?"

He was. But I don't remember even seeing him. Officially, ten snaps. No targets, which is not all that surprising.

Tomlinson logged a near season-high offensive 27 snaps. He had 34 v the Vikings. I'm not complaining but wondering if anyone has heard anything about Boyle's level of recovering from that brutal injury?
    I noticed that as well. I would assume they are trying to slowly bring him along for the stretch run. That being said, Tomlinson is actually playing at a pretty high level in his place.

Blog Entries

Jeff Z says he's ready to go and fine physically. They're just being overly cautious with him and bringing him along slowly

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    I noticed that as well. I would assume they are trying to slowly bring him along for the stretch run. That being said, Tomlinson is actually playing at a pretty high level in his place.
    Tomlinson made a great ST tackle as well.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Agreed. And he's good on special teams.

Oliver has fallen off the face of the earth. As long as Andrews is healthy, I doubt we see much of him again.
    "That's what."
    — She

6. Re: Nick Boyle

3 snaps on drive two, 4 snaps on drive three, on the field for the kneel at end of H1, but then only 2 snaps in H2 (Andrews amazing catch, nondescript 4 yard run in Q3). No snaps after (Q3, 06:27) (BAL had 26 overall from that point).

Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jeff Z says he's ready to go and fine physically. They're just being overly cautious with him and bringing him along slowly
    Boyle played 32 offensive snaps against the Bears though and down to 10 snaps last night. That would suggest Boyle needed more time than usual to recover from the Bears game and they eased his workload against the Browns.

I think they had to play him more than they wanted against the bears and saw this as a game to manage his snaps better. So 10 snaps this week and perhaps 15 against the Steelers. Then adjust upwards from there as he gets back into game shape and is certain his knee will take the strain. I’d rather have him fully healthy for the SB game than rush him back too fast and be forced to shut him down again.

When Ronnie Stanley and Nick Boyle were injured in 2020, each injury looked gruesome and it didn’t take a professional orthopedic surgeon or physical therapist to understand that their respective recoveries would be grueling struggles.

Stanley tried unsuccessfully to return during the Ravens 2021 opener in Las Vegas. He wasn’t the Ronnie Stanley we’ve come to know, perhaps even taken for granted. His ankle didn’t respond well to surgery and his doctors had to go back in to fix things. And now as you know, Ronnie is on the shelf for the balance of 2021.

Since Stanley signed his new deal on October 30, 2020 worth $98.75M in new money including guarantees of $64.1M, he’s played in just five quarters. His injury against the Steelers occurred on November 1. Now the team simply hopes that Stanley will be ready to go in training camp come July 2022.

Nick Boyle’s injury was equally as devastating. On a rainy November 15 night in Foxborough, Boyle tore his MCL and PCL. And as if that wasn’t enough, the vicious hit ripped his hamstring from the bone while fracturing Boyle’s kneecap. Boyle is now active but the Ravens are bringing him along slowly. Against the Browns, a team against which the Ravens really wanted to establish the run in order to quiet their powerful edge rushers, Boyle played on just 10 snaps.

Maybe Boyle still isn’t ready. Maybe his heavier workload against the Bears took its toll and he’s not yet in game shape. Hopefully it isn’t a sign that he’s not fully recovered from the enormity of his injuries. Whatever the case may be, it might be best to temper our expectations for the game’s best blocking tight end in 2021.

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Boyle played 32 offensive snaps against the Bears though and down to 10 snaps last night. That would suggest Boyle needed more time than usual to recover from the Bears game and they eased his workload against the Browns.
    Yeah, seems so. The Ravens are fortunate to have an unheralded Tomlinson to fill in. He will never be the TE Boyle is/was, whether blocking or pass catching, but he's an adequate (hopefully temporary) replacement. Wouldn't it be great to have a 100% Boyle for the playoffs? ... Bc

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    14m
    Roman said that Nick Boyle is still working his way back but he’ll take a 70 pct Boyle than another player. Expressed confidence that Boyle will be a major contributor down stretch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    14m
    Roman said that Nick Boyle is still working his way back but he’ll take a 70 pct Boyle than another player. Expressed confidence that Boyle will be a major contributor down stretch.
    that just tells me they are being super cautious in light of the Ronnie Stanley scenario.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!