Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Cleveland Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Just watched this clip from today's Rich Eisen Show. He's so great. Really interesting takes on Lamar and the Ravens and what the hell do the Browns do and not do now to realistically fix this.
    Eisen can be a breath of fresh air in the industry, he's thoughtful

Stefanski is the best thing happen to browns in 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by jecht View Post
    I think you are right on both counts. Fans are conditioned to expect the worst in CLE and it seems 2020 was a mirage. That said the Browns are far better than they were from 2015-2017, when they went 4-44.
    The Browns need more stability. I believe moving on from Stefanski would be bad, at least for now. And that's especially true of GM Andrew Berry, who has the franchise is a better place than when he took over.

We used to joke around here about continuity, I guess we still do from time to time. Even had a user make the name "Continuity Steve". But there's more good than bad in it, especially with NFL franchises.

QB may be where the change needs to take place. I like Baker, personally, but he's definitely not a top money QB. Signing that contract won't end well. Now if he's willing to sign a $25-ish mil AAV contract instead of a $40 mil one, I still believe you can build a winning team around him. That extra cap room making the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    105.7 would do better broadcasting Eisen’s show than the schlock they call sports talk radio.

Blog Entries

but he isn't doing that...

GM Andrew Berry: “Baker is our quarterback. He’s healthy enough to win games for us…”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The Browns need more stability. I believe moving on from Stefanski would be bad, at least for now. And that's especially true of GM Andrew Berry, who has the franchise is a better place than when he took over.

We used to joke around here about continuity, I guess we still do from time to time. Even had a user make the name "Continuity Steve". But there's more good than bad in it, especially with NFL franchises.

QB may be where the change needs to take place. I like Baker, personally, but he's definitely not a top money QB. Signing that contract won't end well. Now if he's willing to sign a $25-ish mil AAV contract instead of a $40 mil one, I still believe you can build a winning team around him. That extra cap room making the difference.
    Firing Stefanski would be a huge mistake. He's the first potentially good head coach they've had since Butch Davis. That owner is an idiot so I would not be surprised if he gives up but that would be a disaster.

As for Baker, let him play out his 5th year option. Joe Flacco and Dak Prescott bet on themselves and it sure sounds like Baker is willing to do that too. He doesn't have to get extended until after next season. They can always tag him if they still have questions.

Blog Entries

Kurt Warner analysis of Browns/Ravens, in particular Baker Mayfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8_8ksG6Syk&t=117s

Blog Entries

In reality he's the best QB they've had in years and he has played well at times. No need to make a quick decision

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Just watched this clip from today's Rich Eisen Show. He's so great. Really interesting takes on Lamar and the Ravens and what the hell do the Browns do and not do now to realistically fix this.
    Eisen is excellent. Balanced, measured and thoughtful. Always a good listen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In reality he's the best QB they've had in years and he has played well at times. No need to make a quick decision
    C'mon Rwt, in the 1st round the Browns have drafted Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weedon, and Johnny Manziel. Hmm, never mind... Bc

I really like Eisen but his gushing over mayfield was a bit much. One of the things he said was (Baker has so much Moxy) lol come on give me break with that shit.

Baker has talent, but if he is off from his rhythm he is garbage. He plays bad against the Ravens because Wink pressures him so much and he is just not good when he is pressured.

One thing I agree with, Cleveland might not be the right spot for him. If he hits free agency, his ideal spot would be the Saints with Sean Peyton. Baker would benefit and be a perfect fit like Brees was there.

Cleveland drafted the wrong guy. They should have drafted Josh Allen or Lamar. They would be better fits in the AFC north in my opinion.

Thank god though they are the Browns and drafted Mayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Thank god though they are the Browns and drafted Mayfield.
    Based on their history, they really should have drafted Rosen.
    "Chin up, chest out."