Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Cleveland Browns

Yet again the Browns are about to disappoint their fans. So much hype and hope for a SB run only to end up not being a serious wild card team. If they do not win their next game against the a ravens their season is over. 6-7 would just about end any hope of a wild card. I just do not see them winning out to make the playoffs. Worse the off season Baker debate is one which can not be answered and could cost them a hundred plus million to find out.

Blog Entries

the next one is as close to 'must win' as they will have. To come out of the bye and lose at home... would be ugly.

please let it happen

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Didn't we have something similar in 2012? SNF at Pittsburgh, hey diddle in San Diego, then losing to Charlie Batch at home?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Somewhere up in the sky is Art Modell in his Skybox looking down with a huge shit eating grin on his face with utter and pure happiness at another Ravens win vs his old team and yet another factory of sadness video being creating probably as we speak by some nameless Browns fan.

Long live the curse of Art Modell!

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Didn't we have something similar in 2012? SNF at Pittsburgh, hey diddle in San Diego, then losing to Charlie Batch at home?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Different in that both the Ravens and Steelers that year had a different team to play in between those two games. The Browns essentially get back to back games against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In case no one noticed, for a guy with a bad knee the past several weeks Mayfield did a lot of running around last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    the NFL dealt the Browns a huge advantage when creating the schedule. The Browns just spent all week preparing for the Ravens. They have a bye this week, then after their bye they play the Ravens again at home. So they get to rest, watch game film and prepare again for the team they just played in a close game
    I could make the argument that it sort of negates the advantage of playing after a bye.

Normally, the two weeks gives your team a huge advantage preparing for a team that can't possibly be as prepared to familiarize themselves with your team. Here, there is no preparation advantage. These two teams know each other inside and out. The Ravens don't need much time to study the Browns and the Browns already know as much as they'll ever know about the Ravens. There is no preparation advantage.

But sure, there is an advantage in being the Browns being able to rest, especially Mayfield, and possibly install a few trick plays. But that advantage exists for any team any time they come off a bye.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I could make the argument that it sort of negates the advantage of playing after a bye.

Normally, the two weeks gives your team a huge advantage preparing for a team that can't possibly be as prepared to familiarize themselves with your team. Here, there is no preparation advantage. These two teams know each other inside and out. The Ravens don't need much time to study the Browns and the Browns already know as much as they'll ever know about the Ravens. There is no preparation advantage.

But sure, there is an advantage in being the Browns being able to rest, especially Mayfield, and possibly install a few trick plays. But that advantage exists for any team any time they come off a bye.
    Interesting perspective that has merit.

Their QB is still Baker Mayfield and who says in two weeks it will be any different. They can tweak some things but so can the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    has merit.
    I think so, right? I mean, if the Browns had two weeks to prepare for the visiting Seahawks, who only had a week to prepare for an unfamiliar Browns team just a week after coming off a tough divisional game against the 49rs, that, to me, seems like the bye creates much more of an advantage for the Browns than in this case.

Now, if you want to argue that divisional rivalry games should never be scheduled the week after one of the teams has a bye, I'll buy that. Divisional match-ups are typically so tightly contested, precisely because they know their opponents so well, that ANY kind of advantage (i.e., rest) could much more easily spell the difference.
    "That's what."
    — She

And now Kareem Hunt's dad is taking shots at Baker LOL.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/k...ns-hes-scared/

"Now I'm getting people on my Facebook saying I'm being like OBJ's daddy, and I'm not," said Kareem Hunt Sr. on Facebook, via Brad Stainbrook of 247Sports. "I'm stating facts on football and what we see: he's limping, he's scared to throw the ball and they know he's hurt. [They're] going to keep listening but, if people don't like what I'm saying, unfriend me. I'm not jeopardizing nothing.

"I got a right to speak. I ain't posting no videos. Have a good day. Go Browns, hopefully."
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

That is a bad locker room. Bad locker rooms are products of impatient owners. Haslam is a shit owner.
    "That's what."
    — She