Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cleveland Browns

I realize it's Steelers week. But it seems to me the NFL dealt the Browns a huge advantage when creating the schedule. The Browns just spent all week preparing for the Ravens. They have a bye this week, then after their bye they play the Ravens again at home. So they get to rest, watch game film and prepare again for the team they just played in a close game while the Ravens have to go to Pittsburgh? They essentially get 3 weeks to prepare for the Ravens... IN CLEVELAND.

Re: Cleveland Browns

Yes.

In my opinion it's complete bullshit, and fuck the NFL for making this schedule like that. It's inexcusable to give a team the same opponent back to back, even worse when there's a bye week in the middle of those games, and even worse than that when the other team doesn't have a bye at the same time! Completely unfair, if I'm being frank about it.

Blog Entries

Browns board: https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...540912/?page=1

Has a team ever had back to back games set up better?
    The Browns have a gift no otherwise team has ever had in my memory. Back to back games with the same team with a bye week in between. We've had back to back games with first round of the playoffs but there the playing field was level between the two. Game 2 of this home and home is biased heavily for the Browns, would love to see them take advantage of it. A win tonight would set off alarm bells.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I've been less worried about this schedule than most. The NFL game the Browns a huge advantage over the Ravens, but it's balanced by the fact Baker is Cleveland's QB.

Pittsburgh hasn't looked good (yes I know Baltimore hasn't either). Steelers just made Justin Herbert look like Lamar Jackson out there and then Burrow got in on that action. What's Lamar going to look like?

Cleveland gets 3 consecutive weeks to gameplan for Baltimore, but Baker will still be the QB. Shut down the run again and force Baker to beat you with his arm. That's how you beat Cleveland. I'll assume Lamar's not throwing 4 INTs again. He is tied for INT lead this year, so maybe he will. But neutralize Chubb and Hunt and you win the game far more often than not.

Blog Entries

sounds like their RT is done for the year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I've been less worried about this schedule than most. The NFL game the Browns a huge advantage over the Ravens, but it's balanced by the fact Baker is Cleveland's QB.

Pittsburgh hasn't looked good (yes I know Baltimore hasn't either). Steelers just made Justin Herbert look like Lamar Jackson out there and then Burrow got in on that action. What's Lamar going to look like?

Cleveland gets 3 consecutive weeks to gameplan for Baltimore, but Baker will still be the QB. Shut down the run again and force Baker to beat you with his arm. That's how you beat Cleveland. I'll assume Lamar's not throwing 4 INTs again. He is tied for INT lead this year, so maybe he will. But neutralize Chubb and Hunt and you win the game far more often than not.
    Agreed. As much bs as it is, the pressure is all on the brownies now.

If they can't win that game, then maybe Stefanski should be fired

I admit it's definitely unusual but regardless of whether the rematch was two weeks from now with a bye in between or a month from now all games are a dogfight. I don't see this as competitive disadvantage at all to be honest. These teams know each other very well. It's about executing and making in game adjustments.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

This seems to be the overall feeling on the Browns board:

"All teams have to play division rivals twice a year. The Browns are the only team in NFL history to get the benefit of focusing for three straight weeks on that single team. That's absolutely an advantage. You're conflating other factors. This piece is a rare advantage no team should have. I hope they capitalize on it." - Browns Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    This seems to be the overall feeling on the Browns board:

"All teams have to play division rivals twice a year. The Browns are the only team in NFL history to get the benefit of focusing for three straight weeks on that single team. That's absolutely an advantage. You're conflating other factors. This piece is a rare advantage no team should have. I hope they capitalize on it." - Browns Fan
    What’s interesting to me is that they don’t get the same game again. They can look under the hood and figure out how the Ravens D-line stuffed them and maybe fix it, but next time Calais Campbell is in the mix and Conklin is not. I’m not the gamblin type but, any takers that Lamar will gift the Brownies four INTs again?

They had their golden opportunity.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Cleveland Browns

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    What’s interesting to me is that they don’t get the same game again. They can look under the hood and figure out how the Ravens D-line stuffed them and maybe fix it, but next time Calais Campbell is in the mix and Conklin is not. I’m not the gamblin type but, any takers that Lamar will gift the Brownies four INTs again?

They had their golden opportunity.
    BB, I agree! Didn't they game-plan for the Ravens last night in what was close to a "make-or-break" game for them? Did they not know that if they lost, they'd fall to 6 - 6 while the Ravens would rise to 8 - 3? OK, now they get their BYE, but didn't we have one before hosting the Vikings?
    Next week we play the Steelers (in Pittsburgh), who were tied by the Lions then lost to the Chargers and Bengals by a combined score of 82 - 47. While nobody knows the outcome, I'll bet the Ravens will be favored. So, I'll "worry" about the rested Browns the following week... Bc

Blog Entries

It is what it is. The Ravens can't worry about it. They just have to prepare for the Steelers and then deal with the Browns. There is no point about getting upset with something beyond your control