Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: What happened on the toss to Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    LMAFO

No it doesnt. It might be that for you but definitely not me.

I gave you glaring proof what you say is wrong and you still cannot accept it.

Just because he is the guy now making the decision, does not mean its the right decision!

They were 11 or 12 games in last season when they decided to Bench INgram. Like I said, they do not always make the right decision.
    If that were true LEveon Bell would still be here too.

Ingram was virtually phased out after week 6. He got a few carries here and there but it was the Dobbins and Gus show at that point.

They don't always make the right decisions, that's fair. But they aren't sitting Ty'Son on the bench for no reason at this stage of the season with no one in front of him doing anything of note. If they thought he could help, he'd be out there. It's very clear they don't think he can and that's not even debatable.

But the fact that you can't tell exactly what Harbaugh is saying... yikes. It's clear as day that he said Ty'Son isn't doing the other stuff right and that's why he's not factoring in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Swing passes are often designed for the back to go towards the LoS. Take a look. Note how the back is square and moving toward the LoS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWJzpiRZ44

Was Williams supposed to do that? Did Lamar THINK Williams was going to do that? I don't know. And neither do you, but you won't admit it, because it doesn't fit with your narrative.
    Good grief. I am a huge Lamar Jackson fan. I just think he made a bad pass. Lamar made a bunch of bad passes last night.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Good grief. I am a huge Lamar Jackson fan. I just think he made a bad pass. Lamar made a bunch of bad passes last night.
    He certainly makes bad passes. That might have been one of them.

My only issue is that you claim that you KNOW that that particular one was on Lamar. I don't see how you can say that. One possibility is that a QB who had major issues last night threw a really bad pass. Entirely possible. Another possibility is that a young RB who is very clearly doing the wrong thing very often did not run his route correctly. That also is entirely possible.

I'm not sure why you'll only accept the first possibility and not the second.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    He certainly makes bad passes. That might have been one of them.

My only issue is that you claim that you KNOW that that particular one was on Lamar. I don't see how you can say that. One possibility is that a QB who had major issues last night threw a really bad pass. Entirely possible. Another possibility is that a young RB who is very clearly doing the wrong thing very often did not run his route correctly. That also is entirely possible.

I'm not sure why you'll only accept the first possibility and not the second.
    Ok, IMO it was a bad pass by Lamar. IMO, Lamar led Ty'Son too far, which had he caught that pass, he would have been blown up by the oncoming defenders. IMO, Lamar didn't give Ty'Son a chance on that play. That was a Bolleresque pass.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

What is the other stuff? Has he not learned the playbook? Likely. Has he not learned how to pick up blitzes ? Who knows but he could not early in the season. He ran well against backups and PS players in preseason. For the most part they are not playing. If he was lighting it up in practice he would be getting more snaps. Even Harbs has forgiven him his fumble, mostly. If you want to get into Harbs dog house fumble as a rookie rb. Might as well cut yourself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    What is the other stuff? Has he not learned the playbook? Likely. Has he not learned how to pick up blitzes ? Who knows but he could not early in the season. He ran well against backups and PS players in preseason. For the most part they are not playing. If he was lighting it up in practice he would be getting more snaps. Even Harbs has forgiven him his fumble, mostly. If you want to get into Harbs dog house fumble as a rookie rb. Might as well cut yourself.
    And if this were still the preseason, I would say cut Ty'Son. I doubt Ty'Son will be on the Ravens next season when Gus and JK are back. However, the only other options the Ravens have right now are Freeman and Murray who aren't gaining much yardage in the running game. I don't understand why they won't even see if they can salvage some productivity from Ty'Son, like they did with Queen. Or if he is so terrible, then just cut him now.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Harbaugh also gushed over how great Leveon Bell was days after cutting him so are you in agreement that Bell was actually that good while here?

I definitely do not and I doubt anyone will either. He absolutely was terrible.

If you refuse to acknowledge genuine facts that Harbaugh does not always play the best players that is on you.

History has proven it.
    Last year when INgram got majority of the work all year.

Three years back when James Hurst started first 6 or more games when Orlando was clearly the better player.

Playing Bell over Williams is the exact same scenario.

I am not saying Williams is anything special. He just appears to be the best option at RB on this roster and no one is going to convince me Harbaugh always makes the right decision when history has proven he hasnt always played the best players.
    If you want to continue to beat a dead horse regarding Bell that's on you. Okay so you're saying Williams is not anything special yet you keep pounding the table for him. And you're right no one is going to convince you because you're pretty set in your dislike for Harbaugh.
    Harbaugh specifically called him out. That's a fact. That answers the question why he's not playing. If you think Harbaugh has another motive then that's on you.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

I hope TyShon gets his act together and get the same player we saw in preseason. But he hasn't been the same player. I want him to do well but he's needs to prepare better, practice better and step up. He hasn't done that.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Funny how folks will shit all over anyone being excited about WRs that "flash" during the preseason but Ty'Son is somehow different. Yup, Freeman and Murray and Bell are all washed up. But it's now week 12, if Ty'Son was showing the coaches something...anything...he would be getting more snaps. It's that simple. He's here as an emergency back in case one of the washed up old guys gets injured. I do enjoy the good ol' doghouse narrative though. Stubborn ass Harbs just never seems to learn The last time folks were really pounding the table on that was in 2012 with the team "the worst 9-3 football team in the NFL". So maybe lightening will strike again and Harbs will be forced by the FO to play the clearly better player and propel us to another SB.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    If you look at the play closely, he didn't get off the line of scrimmage at the snap of the ball. Not sure why he stayed there a half a second.
    Thanks I'll check it tonight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    That's clearly on Lamar. He threw an inaccurate pass that led Ty'Son too far. It isn't like Lamar was displaying pinpoint accuracy with his passes last night.
    It looked a LOT like the first pass Lamar threw to Bell which was too far in front of Bell. Which is why I started this thread, I can't figure out if it was Lamar or Williams (or Bell). It is weird. Maybe there is a chemistry thing to that pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Reminded me of this play:

Not a swing pass, but similar miss
    To me it looked exactly like the first swing pass to Bell that Lamar threw