Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What happened on the toss to Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    For sure bro RB does more than run the ball however id say its the most important if you have to choose !

Ravens have a RB with the athletic ability to
    You say that until the mess up leads to turnovers and sacks and such. Plus, let's not act like regular season Ty'Son has been anything close to preseason Ty'Son as a runner. He's got the athletic ability but not the vision nor the confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I do not know what Harbaughs problem with not playing him truly is, but he seems to always lean towards the veteran guy .vs the younger better talent it seems.

Last year, Mark Ingram over Edwards and Dobbins, prvious years him rolling with Hurst over Orlando Brown are just shining examples of not playing the best guys on the roster.

Right now with how bad Villaneuva is. Would the Oline possibly be better with Mekari at LT which is supposed to be the back up LT anyway and inset Phillips at RT? Some have speculated doing this would put the best five guys out there but we have not yet seen it.

They keep rolling with Vilaneuva.

Either way, I agree. Williams is the fastest pure RB right now but they just will not play him enough.

Freeman and Murray are atleast gaining some yards but they cannot even hit the line of scrimmage before the holes are gone.
    You didn't see Harbaugh call him out recently? It's clear why he's not playing.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It's a simple swing pass to the RB. The idea is to get the ball to the RB in the open field and let him make a move to elude defenders. All Lamar had to do was put the pass on his RB, but instead he led him too far. If Ty'Son had caught the ball where Lamar threw it, he would have immediately gotten blown up by oncoming defenders. That was just a bad pass. The Ravens don't run a lot of screens or swing passes, but they should given how bad the OL has been at pass protection.
    Yeah, just seemed like a bad pass to me. I don’t know why all the argument. Bad passes happen.

4. Re: What happened on the toss to Williams?

Reminded me of this play:

Not a swing pass, but similar miss
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Williams ran well in preseason against twos and threes. First team has no problem tackling him. At this point his only option to save his nfl career is to just play ball like he stole a car. As fast and hard as he can because if he doesn’t he will be considered a warm camp body next year. Dobbins and a Edward’s are coming back wanting to prove they are fully healthy and I expect the Ravens to add a rb in the fourth or later rounds to keep a young rb in the system and as a special teams gunner.

I am one of Lamar's biggest fans but his checkdowns need work. That's just a bad pass.

Honestly that's what I loved about Williams in the Raiders game. He showed good rapport with LJ on checkdowns and he displayed a knack for catching the ball underneath and getting good yac.

But nothing since then...frustrating to be sure. Imagine how he must feel.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You didn't see Harbaugh call him out recently? It's clear why he's not playing.
    Harbaugh also gushed over how great Leveon Bell was days after cutting him so are you in agreement that Bell was actually that good while here?

I definitely do not and I doubt anyone will either. He absolutely was terrible.

If you refuse to acknowledge genuine facts that Harbaugh does not always play the best players that is on you.

History has proven it.
    Last year when INgram got majority of the work all year.

Three years back when James Hurst started first 6 or more games when Orlando was clearly the better player.

Playing Bell over Williams is the exact same scenario.

I am not saying Williams is anything special. He just appears to be the best option at RB on this roster and no one is going to convince me Harbaugh always makes the right decision when history has proven he hasnt always played the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Harbaugh also gushed over how great Leveon Bell was days after cutting him so are you in agreement that Bell was actually that good while here?

I definitely do not and I doubt anyone will either. He absolutely was terrible.

If you refuse to acknowledge genuine facts that Harbaugh does not always play the best players that is on you.

History has proven it.
    Last year when INgram got majority of the work all year.

Three years back when James Hurst started first 6 or more games when Orlando was clearly the better player.

Playing Bell over Williams is the exact same scenario.

I am not saying Williams is anything special. He just appears to be the best option at RB on this roster and no one is going to convince me Harbaugh always makes the right decision when history has proven he hasnt always played the best players.
    We're 11 games in at this point. If the team truly thought Williams could help them, he'd be on the field at this point, especially with a non-existent running game. Clearly he's not a solution and the comments that Harbaugh made clearly suggest that. The fact that he was that harsh on the kid instead of the standard coach speak should tell you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    We're 11 games in at this point. If the team truly thought Williams could help them, he'd be on the field at this point, especially with a non-existent running game. Clearly he's not a solution and the comments that Harbaugh made clearly suggest that. The fact that he was that harsh on the kid instead of the standard coach speak should tell you all you need to know.
    LMAFO

No it doesnt. It might be that for you but definitely not me.

I gave you glaring proof what you say is wrong and you still cannot accept it.

Just because he is the guy now making the decision, does not mean its the right decision!

They were 11 or 12 games in last season when they decided to Bench INgram. Like I said, they do not always make the right decision.
    If that were true LEveon Bell would still be here too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    The Ravens don't have any other options at this point. The trade deadline has passed and they have no cap room even if they had thought about making a trade. The choices the Ravens have are for Lamar to run the ball 10-15 times per game to allow the Ravens to have a decent running attack, or to play the RBs on the roster. We know what Freeman and Murray can do, which isn't that much.

I am not saying to make Ty'Son the RB1, but at least give him 5-7 carries per game to see if he can add something to improve the Ravens non-existent running attack. Harbaugh has a history of being overly stubborn and as ravensfan7716 has correctly stated, he hasn't always played the best players on the Ravens roster.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

The Ravens don't have any other options at this point. The trade deadline has passed and they have no cap room even if they had thought about making a trade. The choices the Ravens have are for Lamar to run the ball 10-15 times per game to allow the Ravens to have a decent running attack, or to play the RBs on the roster. We know what Freeman and Murray can do, which isn't that much.

I am not saying to make Ty'Son the RB1, but at least give him 5-7 carries per game to see if he can add something to improve the Ravens non-existent running attack. Harbaugh has a history of being overly stubborn and as ravensfan7716 has correctly stated, he hasn't always played the best players on the Ravens roster.
    For whatever it's worth, I also believe that Ty'Son should get another chance. But the fact that we're 11 games in and he's hardly sniffing the field with very little production in front of him should tell you everything you need to know - they don't trust him and don't think he's going to do anything with another opportunity.

It's a simple swing pass to the RB. The idea is to get the ball to the RB in the open field and let him make a move to elude defenders. All Lamar had to do was put the pass on his RB, but instead he led him too far. If Ty'Son had caught the ball where Lamar threw it, he would have immediately gotten blown up by oncoming defenders. That was just a bad pass. The Ravens don't run a lot of screens or swing passes, but they should given how bad the OL has been at pass protection.
    Swing passes are often designed for the back to go towards the LoS. Take a look. Note how the back is square and moving toward the LoS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWJzpiRZ44

Was Williams supposed to do that? Did Lamar THINK Williams was going to do that? I don't know. And neither do you, but you won't admit it, because it doesn't fit with your narrative.
    "Chin up, chest out."