Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What happened on the toss to Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post

Tysom is the most gifted runner in the RB room by a country mile! Wondering if he isnt making terrible blocking mistakes in practice. Thats the only way it really makes sense to me. A 20 year old Jim Brown could show up and i bet Harbs doghouses him too if he's missing blocks for LJ8
    It doesn't just have to be missing blocks, although that in itself can result in a horrible game-changing outcome. He could also be:
    - Running the wrong routes
    - Dropping passes
    - Having problems in the mesh point
    - Running to the wrong side
    - Lining up incorrectly
    - Fumbling
    - Hitting the wrong holes, missing his keys, disrespecting his teammates, etc. etc.

Who knows? And yeah, it's frustrating because he's the only guy who stands a chance of gaining anything more than a run is blocked for. I have zero doubt if he was doing all of those other things correctly, he would be the #1 back on this team. The Ravens are in the business of winning football games. If someone is not playing (call it the "doghouse" if you want) it's because the coaching staff does not believe that player gives them the best chance of winning football games. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    ...Harbaugh doesn't have the luxury of maintaining a doghouse this year. The Ravens have to roll with the guys they have, and they have to get more than they have been out of their RBs. They need to coach Ty'Son up and put him in positions where he can have some immediate success.
    It's not a luxury. It's a necessity. Ty'Son turns a 4-yard -run into a 12-yard-run, great. And then on the next play he blocks the wrong guy and Lamar gets strip-sacked. Would you rather have that, or Freeman getting the 4-yard-run and then blocking the correct guy? Unfortunately, there is a lot more to playing RB than just maximizing your YPC.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

There is a reason he gets limited snaps.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Don't know who was at fault on that play, but the Ravens have effectively destroyed that kid's confidence. I hate the way they handle young players sometimes.
    I'd say Williams destroyed their confidence in him. He hasn't remotely resembled the player who shined against the grocery store clerks in preseason. Blaming his play or lack thereof on coaching is a stretch in my opinion. Oweh, Stephens, etc seem just fine as "young players". Once the "lights" went on, he went dark. Every negative outcome isn't the coaches fault, sometimes the players are actually responsible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Here is the play in question. Hard to say if Williams is coached to keep moving laterally, which means Lamar made a poor throw, or if Williams is coached to start drifting up field, which he doesn't, or doesn't until he awkwardly stutter steps forward when he sees where the ball is headed, and by then it's too late.

That's clearly on Lamar. He threw an inaccurate pass that led Ty'Son too far. It isn't like Lamar was displaying pinpoint accuracy with his passes last night.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Sure it looks like a bad pass, but we don't know how Williams is supposed to run the pattern.

I'd think they want him putting a foot in the ground an head north so he's catching the ball going upfield and not toward the sideline.
    "That's what."
    — She

That's clearly on Lamar. He threw an inaccurate pass that led Ty'Son too far. It isn't like Lamar was displaying pinpoint accuracy with his passes last night.
    How is that clear? Do you know what Williams was SUPPOSED to do on that play?

We all agree that he's an obviously gifted kid that for some reason isn't getting playing time. You don't think it's even possible that maybe Lamar threw to where he was supposed be, and he wasn't there? Not possible that one reason Williams doesn't play is that he doesn't run routes correctly?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There is a reason he gets limited snaps.
    Yup. I was surprised to see him even get the snaps he did much less get a ball thrown his way. Though, on this play, to me, given Lamar's other issues with accuracy last night, I'm definitely betting it was just that, a bad pass.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Yeah I do not know who is at fault whether it was Williams late moving or Lamar off throwing but the ball was too far out in front for him to get it.

THey had Williams in on special teams too so it was nice to see him getting some snaps.

The Ravens offense does not seem to run many toss plays when I think its something that would greatly aid the running game if they maybe worked on perfecting it. Last night, had they run more lateral plays it would have probably worked to their benefit considering how the Browns were stacking the line.

Even Chris Colinsworth mentioned it at one time in the second half.

This would also have probably stopped some of the rushers on the ends if they ran a toss play effectively.

Either way They need to still get Williams or Mcracy some carries because the slow ass up the gut shit is not working.
    "Even Chris Collingsworth mentioned it" does very little to strengthen your position in any football discussion. He definitely talks a lot, but he actually says very little.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Sorry that is utter horseshit.

If that was actually genuine out of his mouth there is no logical reason Leveon Bell was on this roster and saw as many snaps as he did.

Nothing you say will ever convince me that Bell on this roster with how horrible he was, is any better than any RB in the league on any team or practice squad right now with practically no experience.

The only people who know are players and coaches on the team. Everyone else is just speculation.
    You keep focusing on Bell. He was shit. So is Ty’Son. Any decisions regarding Bell have nothing to do with Ty’Son. They’re both bad and now one is off the team. The other is still here but might not be for long unless he can figure his shit out. He’s just here because he has the most physical ability. But if you can’t do the other stuff, that physical ability is useless

This offense is a receiver graveyard. Has been for years unless you can catch checkdowns or passes between the hashmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It doesn't just have to be missing blocks, although that in itself can result in a horrible game-changing outcome. He could also be:
    - Running the wrong routes
    - Dropping passes
    - Having problems in the mesh point
    - Running to the wrong side
    - Lining up incorrectly
    - Fumbling
    - Hitting the wrong holes, missing his keys, disrespecting his teammates, etc. etc.

Who knows? And yeah, it's frustrating because he's the only guy who stands a chance of gaining anything more than a run is blocked for. I have zero doubt if he was doing all of those other things correctly, he would be the #1 back on this team. The Ravens are in the business of winning football games. If someone is not playing (call it the "doghouse" if you want) it's because the coaching staff does not believe that player gives them the best chance of winning football games. Period.

It's not a luxury. It's a necessity. Ty'Son turns a 4-yard -run into a 12-yard-run, great. And then on the next play he blocks the wrong guy and Lamar gets strip-sacked. Would you rather have that, or Freeman getting the 4-yard-run and then blocking the correct guy? Unfortunately, there is a lot more to playing RB than just maximizing your YPC.
    For sure bro RB does more than run the ball however id say its the most important if you have to choose !

Ravens have a RB with the athletic ability to

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    How is that clear? Do you know what Williams was SUPPOSED to do on that play?

We all agree that he's an obviously gifted kid that for some reason isn't getting playing time. You don't think it's even possible that maybe Lamar threw to where he was supposed be, and he wasn't there? Not possible that one reason Williams doesn't play is that he doesn't run routes correctly?
    It's a simple swing pass to the RB. The idea is to get the ball to the RB in the open field and let him make a move to elude defenders. All Lamar had to do was put the pass on his RB, but instead he led him too far. If Ty'Son had caught the ball where Lamar threw it, he would have immediately gotten blown up by oncoming defenders. That was just a bad pass. The Ravens don't run a lot of screens or swing passes, but they should given how bad the OL has been at pass protection.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare