Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: More Horrible Officating

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Same. And as much as the Bowser roughing. All was a little BS, Lamar was the beneficiary of a BS roughing call a few plays before.

No, Clowney launched into Jackson and hit him with his helmet.

They showed the front angle and back angle on the big screen. Both showed the ball hit the ground. Even a zoom in shot where you saw the ball hopped up into his chest from the ground.

I was at the game and was pretty convinced they'd overturn that TD. But after watching it on TV several times today... I can kinda see why they didn't. It looks like the ball MIGHT have hit his leg instead of the ground. The problem is that I've seen much less "clear and obvious" evidence result in an overturn. Is it more likely than not that it hit the ground? I say Yes. But am I 90 or 100% CERTAIN it hit the ground? I'm not. It's one of those plays where whatever was called on the field was probably going to stand... and no ref on the field seemed all that confident to make the initial call. It was just really close.

The Bowser roughing-the-passer looked legit, watching the replay. Bowser's helmet appears to make contact with Mayfield's facemask, making Baker's head snap back a bit, so I figure refs are going to call that most of the time, when you see the QB get hit high like that, whether it's a blatant helmet-to-helmet shot or not.

I'm just glad we won, and right after a big division victory isn't the time where I'm going to complain about the admittedly awful officiating. Especially since we all know the league is going to do exactly nothing to improve this mess.

I honestly was glad I was watching the game in an empty house last night because my hysterical screaming at that "touchdown" and the pick that was dropped...and taking away our fake punt...might have gotten 911 called on me and the guys with the white jackets coming to take me away.

Un fucking real.

Why have replay when it's not used properly?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    The Browns TD definitely hit the ground. Unfortunately for us the initial ruling was a TD and it wasn't obvious enough for them to overturn.

The mess on the series of 4th down plays with the fake punt and 12 men on the field was absurd. It was a combination of incompetence from both the Browns and the refs.

Other than that it was a typical NFL game where both sides have their fair share of stuff to whine about. Such is the nature where the majority of penalties are judgement calls with each crew having the equivalent of their own baseball like "strike zone" with what they choose to enforce.

On the fake punt it looked like a normal lined up play. Got the 1st down, everyone got excited and then the ref steps in with the play wasn't ready. What the Hell was that.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    This is where the refs though were clearly interfering with the game and its outcome and that is not right.

If the Browns are not set, the Ravens should be able to take advantage of that aspect. Shit Bellcheck made a living off doing it for years.

Yet, yesterday after the Ravens converted the refs come blowing the whistle and that is bullshit and should be against the game rules. THey need to be investigated.

Then immediately following that same play, the BRowns had 12 men on the field two times and the refs again stopped the ravens from running the play and getting them for a penalty. If that is not some cheating I do not know what is.

The Pats doing it for years likely got the rules changed.

Blog Entries

Stunning. The ball so obviously hits the ground on both angles. His hands aren't underneath of it and there's no way the ball hits his leg and not the ground.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1465166778355499009

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    just an average game IMO other than that bouncy catch that wasn't
    That and the third INT that bounced off the ground and several holds not called on the Browns OL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Stunning. The ball so obviously hits the ground on both angles. His hands aren't underneath of it and there's no way the ball hits his leg and not the ground.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1465166778355499009
    The ball can hit the ground as long as the ground doesn't help him control it. This was not the case here, it was a clear trap.

Sometimes I wish they just go back to the old rule that the ball cannot hit the ground, period (but then McAuley would be saying the ball does not hit the ground, so I am not sure it would fix it).

The TD call for the Browns was appalling. It's like they were trying to keep the game close. The replay looking out from the endzone shows clearly and undeniably that the ball bounced off the ground. It's one of the most egregious crap calls I've seen in years. There were also numerous clearly evident holding calls by the Cleveland OL that were ignored, one notably on Bowser when he was spun around in a circle by the RT. A real pathetic showing by the refs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    That and the third INT that bounced off the ground and several holds not called on the Browns OL.
    agreed on the holding but sometimes they let that go. average officiating IMO like you see in every game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The ball can hit the ground as long as the ground doesn't help him control it. This was not the case here, it was a clear trap.

Sometimes I wish they just go back to the old rule that the ball cannot hit the ground, period (but then McAuley would be saying the ball does not hit the ground, so I am not sure it would fix it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Ref got money on the games or have people who have money on the games. Period.
    Caesers. The official betting partner of the NFL. Tell you what if you told me that in 1980 I tell you we're out of your mind

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans