Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: More Horrible Officating

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    How could they not see on replay Njoku’s TD hit the turf. WTF are the looking at?
    You are absolutely correct. The ball clearly hit the ground as evidenced on the two replays. Mike Tirrico (?) repeatedly said he didn't see it hit the ground which is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    The NFL needs to implement a policy for refs to be held accountable. Whether its fines, suspensions what ever it needs to happen.

They have way too much influence on a game to not be held accountable for their actions and last night spotting the Browns 7 points clearly influenced the game.
    There are WAY too many rules that the zebras are expected to enforce. Simplify the rule book, don't make it more complex.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cec327 View Post
    You are absolutely correct. The ball clearly hit the ground as evidenced on the two replays. Mike Tirrico (?) repeatedly said he didn't see it hit the ground which is nonsense.
    That one was clear. The one that was supposed to be an interception was worse and much clearly a trap.

I could see the ball raising 'turf pellets' on its short hop on the ground. AND I DON'T HAVE HD TV!

The Browns TD definitely hit the ground. Unfortunately for us the initial ruling was a TD and it wasn't obvious enough for them to overturn.

The mess on the series of 4th down plays with the fake punt and 12 men on the field was absurd. It was a combination of incompetence from both the Browns and the refs.

Other than that it was a typical NFL game where both sides have their fair share of stuff to whine about. Such is the nature where the majority of penalties are judgement calls with each crew having the equivalent of their own baseball like "strike zone" with what they choose to enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    And those EXACT SAME holding calls they refuse to call on the opponents. I would LOVE TO SEE an analysis of last night's game where the Browns line was allowed to hold and tackle to the ground Ravens defenders and nothing was ever called on them. Some looked EXACTLY like (or WORSE) the holding that was called on the Ravens AV.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So even John admitted the fake punt was a legit call.

The only play I really have an issue with was the BS TD. I was incredulous that McAulay was doubling down on saying it was a TD on the broadcast and when he kept doubling down on that, I knew we were screwed.
    Same. And as much as the Bowser roughing. All was a little BS, Lamar was the beneficiary of a BS roughing call a few plays before.

Blog Entries

When straight lace, YT friendly shows I watch are calling out the NFL for the Vegas fixing, you know the problem is serious. I absolutely couldn't believe it when one of the hosts of a good show I watch spent 3 minutes off topic calling this out and how it's so transparent this year and a huge problem.

I swear everyone needs to watch this 1983 documentary on the problems with gambling and Vegas in the NFL and the issues in 1983 with the focus on protecting the game from the mob and illegal gambling.

If you watch this you will see that all those issues are just regular business today. Every problem then was monitized and used to make cash today. Fucking Kraft owns 25% of Draftkings! Owns it! Al Davis was nearly kicked out for much less in the 70's

This is worth your 45 minutes to watch.

This isn't a conspiracy thing, it's a PBS documentary shown once and then banned from airing again. The reporter died of "mysterious circumstances" 6 months after it aired (on PBS!).

https://youtu.be/LtAcYaubQXg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Same. And as much as the Bowser roughing. All was a little BS, Lamar was the beneficiary of a BS roughing call a few plays before.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    That one was clear. The one that was supposed to be an interception was worse and much clearly a trap.
    I have to laugh. My wife , who knows nothing about football was reading a book when I asked her to watch the replay. " The ball hit the ground" she said and went back to reading her book.
    Replays are also judgement calls.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    I'm not sure you guys are watching every game. As bad as the officiating was in the Ravens game, it certainly was not even in the top 3 worst jobs by refs today. The colts-bucs game was truly terrible, and I am not sure I have ever seen a worse day of officiating than thanksgiving. Unfortunately part of the game now is handicapping these morons, and you really need to know tendencies of the officiating crew and adapt.

Truly most of these crews should be fired and the nfl needs to start over.
    This..... And by the way Boger was the referee our a Super Bowl win and gets a lifetime pass

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Ref got money on the games or have people who have money on the games. Period.