Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oweh, Bowser, Queen

In most 34 defenses the Will (weakside)inside backer is the playmaker not the Mike (strongside) inside backer. A 34 Will is most like a 43 Mike.
    Either of a 34 ILBs can call the defense or wear the green dot.

The Mike is the guy who plays downhill and takes on OL and FBs and keeps the Will clean to run and chase.

Now it would be awesome if your Mike can do it all, but that’s not the norm in a 34. They tried something with Queen that didn’t work, but this LB group can work with a smart downhill banger like Bynes (but younger) at the Mike and Queen as the Will.
    Last edited by edromeo; 12-01-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Bowser has always been a solid all around
    OLB. Winks scheme requires versatility and a sacrifice of rush attempts and counting stats. OLBs tend to be under appreciated as a result. But both Bowser and Oweh played well last game and have been playing well for most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    In most 34 defenses the Will (weakside)inside backer is the playmaker not the Mike (strongside) inside backer. A 34 Will is most like a 43 Mike.

The Mike is the guy who plays downhill and takes on OL and FBs and keeps the Will clean to run and chase.

Now it would be awesome if your Mike can do it all, but that’s not the norm in a 34. They tried something with Queen that didn’t work, but this LB group can work with a smart downhill banger like Bynes (but younger) at the Mike and Queen as the Will.
    All of this

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Oweh, Bowser, Queen

Bowser has always been a solid all around
    OLB. Winks scheme requires versatility and a sacrifice of rush attempts and counting stats. OLBs tend to be under appreciated as a result. But both Bowser and Oweh played well last game and have been playing well for most of the season.
    Yes, and along with Queen, seem to be getting better as the season progresses... Bc

Yup - again I bring up the Patrick Onwuasor situation, a similar LB in my opinion to Queen but not quite as athletic. Peanut was listed at safety at Portland State - 6'0", 213 lbs. with a 4.6 forty and 24 bench reps. The Ravens saw a guy that could fill out and play LB. But they thought he could play MIKE for whatever reason and he couldn't take on those blockers nor wear the green dot.

You look at Queen on the field in that uniform and his body looks like that of a safety. And he has the speed of a safety. That says WILL linebacker to me. Malik Harrison is supposed to be the future at MIKE but it may have to be someone else.

In the 4-3 the Will is the clean up guy flows to the ball to make plays similar to the will in a 3-4

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Yup - again I bring up the Patrick Onwuasor situation, a similar LB in my opinion to Queen but not quite as athletic. Peanut was listed at safety at Portland State - 6'0", 213 lbs. with a 4.6 forty and 24 bench reps. The Ravens saw a guy that could fill out and play LB. But they thought he could play MIKE for whatever reason and he couldn't take on those blockers nor wear the green dot.

You look at Queen on the field in that uniform and his body looks like that of a safety. And he has the speed of a safety. That says WILL linebacker to me. Malik Harrison is supposed to be the future at MIKE but it may have to be someone else.
    Yup I agree with this I hope Harrison comes along to be that Mike and we would have killer backer corp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Yup I agree with this I hope Harrison comes along to be that Mike and we would have killer backer corp
    I recently read somewhere (?) the Ravens were considering moving Harrison to OLB.

Anyone else read that?

Thanks... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I recently read somewhere (?) the Ravens were considering moving Harrison to OLB.

Anyone else read that?

Thanks... Bc
    I had heard that they consider him versatile and will move him around OLB included Harbaugh said this at the press conference after Harrison came back

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

I was kind of shocked by how much larger Bowser is than Queen seeing a pic of the two together. I say that as someone crying about his size at MIKE from second i saw him play a snap in the NFL.. It was still crazy. Bowser looks like he's been killing the gym like its named Mayfield.

Give the Ravens brain trust credit they scoped Bowser's potential from quite a distance. Hassan Redick was taken @ pick 13 id say TyBo is now the better player

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    I was kind of shocked by how much larger Bowser is than Queen seeing a pic of the two together. I say that as someone crying about his size at MIKE from second i saw him play a snap in the NFL.. It was still crazy. Bowser looks like he's been killing the gym like its named Mayfield.

Give the Ravens brain trust credit they scoped Bowser's potential from quite a distance. Hassan Redick was taken @ pick 13 id say TyBo is now the better player
    Man I'd love to have both Bowser AND Reddick but Haason is in line for a huge contract after the season.

Going to agree about this...... Especially with Houston who's fitting in nicely. Would be great if we could get a couple more seasons out of him.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 12-02-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans