Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens #1 seed in AFC with a win tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    New England quietly 8-4. Mac Jones is the real deal?
    Mac Jones is the real deal in that offense. The Patriots are able to play the same system they did with Brady with Mac Jones. None of the other guys they tried were able to do that. It's clear that the Pats don't want to change offensive systems. Mac Jones isn't going to bring them back from a huge deficit. He's not going to put up 40 points most times in a shoot out. However, if they can play great defense and run the ball then Mac Jones is going to win them games. Brains and composure are more important to the Patriots at QB than physical skills.

Mac Jones would not be playing this well on the Jaguars, Jets or Bears. He might have on the 49ers who use Jimmy G. much the same way.

Number 1 seed? No thank you. Ravens coming out of a first-round bye are a combined 1-2 with the one win against the Texans led by a third-string QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Number 1 seed? No thank you. Ravens coming out of a first-round bye are a combined 1-2 with the one win against the Texans led by a third-string QB.
    Not wanting the first round bye is just plain silly

Blog Entries

A first round bye means they would have an extra week to get guys healthy. Then winning one home playoff game means that they would host the AFC Championship Game. Of course the Ravens should want a first round bye, but this year only the #1 seed gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

We’re still better off winning the division but clinching it early enough for a makeshift bye in Week 18 (so we can rest our regulars before the wildcard round). That made a HUGE difference in 2012.

I know, I know, if we clinch a first-round bye we could be better off. But history says otherwise. In any case, I don’t believe this year’s team will gain the #1 seed.

CCx

We’re still better off winning the division but clinching it early enough for a makeshift bye in Week 18 (so we can rest our regulars before the wildcard round). That made a HUGE difference in 2012.

CCx
    Resting players in Week 16 in 2019 did not turn out so good. It's going to go down to the wire, anyway, I doubt the Ravens have the option to rest anybody who is still up.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Resting players in Week 16 in 2019 did not turn out so good. It's going to go down to the wire, anyway, I doubt the Ravens have the option to rest anybody who is still up.
    The problem was we rested players that week AND had the wild card week off too. Two weeks and a half is too long of a lay off after spending an entire season blowing everyone out.

I would take the 1st rd bye every day of the week while having something to play against the Rams. I think this is the best formula to getting to the SB regardless of what history suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The problem was we rested players that week AND had the wild card week off too. Two weeks and a half is too long of a lay off after spending an entire season blowing everyone out.

I would take the 1st rd bye every day of the week while having something to play against the Rams. I think this is the best formula to getting to the SB regardless of what history suggests.
    Yep. We'll have something to play for in Week 17, don't worry. We are not blowing anyone out this year (or we shouldn't expect to)
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

9. Re: Ravens #1 seed in AFC with a win tonight

I know, I know, if we clinch a first-round bye we could be better off. But history says otherwise. In any case, I don’t believe this year’s team will gain the #1 seed.

CCx
    A three game sample size is statistically insignificant. That's less "history" and more "anecdote." I'd lean on the overall W-L record of first round bye-holders playing their first game in the second round of the playoffs across the NFL: 44-22

That said, this year's Ravens squad is too battered to be realistically competing for that sole first round bye this season. If, somehow, we achieve it, John Harbaugh's future Hall of Fame status should be all but cemented.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Yep. We'll have something to play for in Week 17, don't worry. We are not blowing anyone out this year (or we shouldn't expect to)
    And I don't think we will make the SB or get a 1st rd bye. I think it is possible of course but unlikely with this roster. But getting that 1st rd bye by hook or no crook will definitely give us a shot at getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Pats gonna be good for a long time again
    I don't know if I'd go that far. Pats are benefitting from playing a 3rd place schedule and a massive overhaul via free agency in the offseason. Mac Jones is performing well under the tried and true old school formula of efficiency and not turning the ball over. The Pats defense is playing great football. I think a lot of fans are seeing the ghosts of NE past and thinking that BB has the formula rolling again. But IMO, it's a lot of opportunistic football being played right now and eventually they will face tougher competition and be exposed. I simply don't see anything special in Jones - but then again, I didn't see anything special about Brady either in those early years.

Nevermind, Shrubbsy is right, Dynasty 3.0 has begun.

All hail the return of efficient, mistake free football aided by encyclopedic knowledge of every opponent with a sprinkling of outright cheating thrown in for good measure. Starring a smug, douchebag looking QB that has total command of a very basic offense, good but not great players throughout the team and a few dogs on defense that know how to get after it. It is such a great thing to watch

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by ERey
    New England quietly 8-4. Mac Jones is the real deal?
    It's not "quietly" anymore. The Pats have not only won 6 in-a-row, but the combined scores are 211 - 63. That's an average win by (approx.) 35 - 10. They are dangerous... Bc