Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 1160
  1. Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Trump said heís vaccinated and encouraged supporters to get vaccinated multiple times.





  2. #26

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Trump said heís vaccinated and encouraged supporters to get vaccinated multiple times.
    This isn't a Trump thing. It's a personal freedom thing. Even Trump has said its up to the individual. That's what this is all about.

    The lie that getting vaxxed is to help the community and not yourself has been exposed. There is no reason to mandate a vaccine.

    Mandating this shot for children is evil.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  3. #27

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    It's mutating to be just a bad cold.

    https://nypost.com/2021/11/27/omicro...frican-doctor/

    The goal posts have now moved to complete eradication of a virus they let will never be eradicated and keeps getting weaker and weaker.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  4. #28

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    So given that there’s definitely some contacts that needs to be added to this, I would also like to know where are you sat on the vaccine mandates while Trump as president.

    I don’t know you or your political leanings, but I find it very interesting how many people vacillated between the vaccine being a horrible thing while Trump was president, now it’s the only thing that can save us. I have been somewhat dubious of this virus regardless of who is president, I don’t think Trump is any more of an honest man and Joe Biden. Now I do as a general rule think Democrats lie more than conservatives, but not by a wide margin. I would also be curious to know where did this faith in the government come from? This is a question I ask myself and many people, since when did we start implicitly trusting the government? Have we not caught Lord Fauci in enough lies to at least treat him with some measure of distrust? Have we not had enough hospitals lie to us for financial compensation to at least have some distrust in their numbers? The CDC, has been cut numerous times directing false narratives, why do we have to trust them? Nobody’s pushing natural immunity which we now know scientifically is far greater than that of a vaccination, why is this not being pushed? We’re told to follow the science, but one of the linchpins of the scientific method is to question things, but yet we’re not supposed to do that. None of this makes any sense to me, so I’m curious as to when people seem so sure of everything that is going on, and if you would answer that be great, but this is in general for everyone.
    You bring up good points. So as far as Trump goes I hate Trump with a passion because I believe he caused a massive rift and divisiveness in this country - worse than it ever was. I don't want to debate that point with anyone as it's my personal belief and nothing will change that, anymore than someone hating Obama as president. That said, I believe the single most effective thing Trump did and I give him huge kudos for this was Operation Warp speed. Mind you this came from a president who told the country Covid would blow over shortly after the first cases appeared and refused to wear masks, thus prompting Trump accolytes to state masks were worthless and therefore not wear them. Again, not going to debate mask effectiveness. However, Ranger, feel free to ask your wife, a physician, about her beliefs about masks and post back.

    As much as I hated taking a vaccine I took it because I thought it was the right thing to do. You state Covid is becoming less of a threat. Again, how to explain the far increase in amount of deaths. The flu season is not year round, Covid is. I myself have invested in vaccine stocks and reaped a financial windfall. It was pretty obvious a once in a century pandemic was going to make a killing for the first companies to produce approved vaccines. I did not need to be a congressman to invest - I bought shitloads of options as an individual investor and have made over 300k on my vaccine investments. Yes, I made posts about that to this forum before the vaccines were even approved and implored people to buy. If you look at my history I told this forum 3 weeks ago to buy BNTX stock when it was well under $300 a share - just see where it is sitting today....





  5. #29

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    You don't have to answer this but when was the last time you talked to your doctor friend? Breakthrough cases are catching up % wise. I also notice the doctor is from Michigan which had some of the strictest lockdowns and mandates in the country like Pa and Cali. Michigan with all that has the highest per capita of covid patients per 100,000. Why?
    My wife spoke to her friend about 2 weeks ago with feedback that conditions were horrible. Michigan still has (to my knoweldge) over 35% of the populaton unvaccinated. Yes there are lots of breakthru cases, but most of those cases do not result in hospitilization because of vaccine protection. The majority of patients are unvaccinated.





  6. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,460
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    My wife spoke to her friend about 2 weeks ago with feedback that conditions were horrible. Michigan still has (to my knoweldge) over 35% of the populaton unvaccinated. Yes there are lots of breakthru cases, but most of those cases do not result in hospitilization because of vaccine protection. The majority of patients are unvaccinated.
    I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  7. #31

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested.
    That was just such an intelligent retort.





  8. #32

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    You bring up good points. So as far as Trump goes I hate Trump with a passion because I believe he caused a massive rift and divisiveness in this country - worse than it ever was. I don't want to debate that point with anyone as it's my personal belief and nothing will change that, anymore than someone hating Obama as president. That said, I believe the single most effective thing Trump did and I give him huge kudos for this was Operation Warp speed. Mind you this came from a president who told the country Covid would blow over shortly after the first cases appeared and refused to wear masks, thus prompting Trump accolytes to state masks were worthless and therefore not wear them. Again, not going to debate mask effectiveness. However, Ranger, feel free to ask your wife, a physician, about her beliefs about masks and post back.

    As much as I hated taking a vaccine I took it because I thought it was the right thing to do. You state Covid is becoming less of a threat. Again, how to explain the far increase in amount of deaths. The flu season is not year round, Covid is. I myself have invested in vaccine stocks and reaped a financial windfall. It was pretty obvious a once in a century pandemic was going to make a killing for the first companies to produce approved vaccines. I did not need to be a congressman to invest - I bought shitloads of options as an individual investor and have made over 300k on my vaccine investments. Yes, I made posts about that to this forum before the vaccines were even approved and implored people to buy. If you look at my history I told this forum 3 weeks ago to buy BNTX stock when it was well under $300 a share - just see where it is sitting today....
    To the most poignant question, my wife has definitely always believed in masks. That being said she thinks a mask mandate is fairly pointless for a couple of reasons. Number one people touch their mouth, then touch their mask, which doesnít defeat the point entirely, but it certainly defeats the majority of the effectiveness. They also talk over their mask, or pull their mask down to speak then getting airborne droplets on the outside of their mask, again yet completely defeating the point. This is also assuming that people even wear the mask properly, and not just under their nose, or around their chins, or whatever the case may be. There was a study done a long time ago about how many things get touched on average in the supermarket, and it literally takes one person not wearing a mask for everyone in the store to be in ďdangerĒ. Now this is not to say that people are doing it maliciously, because they most likely are not, they are just uneducated on how to wear masks. It is her belief that if we are going to have a mask mandate, then we should have mandatory training on how to use masks. With that said, she also understands how infeasible that really is in a country of 370 million, compounded by the fact that people are so divided on this virus in general. Also, she is over the mask mandate for the fact that even our elected leader ship is no longer leading the charge in this area so to speak. Do you see people put on a mask just for a press conference, go behind the curtain and then take it off. She understands you canít realistically expect people to follow your lead, if you have a poor lead. That being said as a physician she wears masks the overwhelming majority of the day, and as a surgeon she wore masks before there was a mask mandates considering that operating rooms are sterile environments. So all in all she believes in masks when done properly, but she doesnít think theyíre being done properly, she thinks the leader ship has been poor, and that mandating people to do things is generally speaking the worst way to go about it, and choices to make medical decisions is paramount to a free society. I feel like I got the gist of it, there was some nuances to it, and things I didnít understand what she said because Iím not a physician, but I feel like I hit the important points.

    Iím also not really going to delve into where people stand politically. Nobodyís changing their mind, that isnít something unique toyou. Safe to say for me myself I havenít liked a president since Iíve been alive. Iím in my late 30s and I canít look back at a president and say he was a good man. At least not in my opinion. That neither being here nor there, I understand your point about people being able to invest in these things. The problem I have is when the FDA is now in the pocket of the president, and they are also in the pocket of Congress, it seems odd to me that theyíre allowed to invest in those things for the sole purpose that they can put pressure on the CDC on which company gets approved first, what pill forms get approved first, and in general the fact that they are allowed to make money on it at all seems extraordinarily fishy to me. Iím happy that you made your money, and I donít know your financial situation, but I would venture to guess itís probably not as good as some of these lifelong congressmen who can dump millions into this and make 1500 times their money. Think about that for a second for every $1 million invested, they would turn around and make 15 million. How that is not a conflict of interest is beyond me. I too invested in several of these stocks and have made vast sums of money, but I also realize that I was also in a good financial position before hand to be able to reap the benefits, not everyone was. If you only bought one stock, or you even bought 100 you didnít really reap the financial windfalls that everyone else got to who had either A.) had the money to start with, or B.) you are a congressman with inside information. If Martha Stewart goes to jail, then every congressman caught with the stock should also be in jail. There is no way any of this can be looked at any other way but completely crooked from start to finish, so I can 100% understand the hesitancy of buying into complete and in your face corruption like this. Because of this fact alone, I really feel like masking vaccine mandates should be 100% voluntary, and there should be no external pressure from any government agency. The world has truly been poisoned in this regard, and thereís no way that I can look at this any other way than completely corrupt and 100% financially motivated by our government. The fact that our president comes out and says that mandates will not pass constitutional muster, yet here we are is one of the most mind blowing admissions of government overreach in recent memory. I literally cannot fathom how people are baffled that people donít want to take part in this.





  9. #33

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    My wife spoke to her friend about 2 weeks ago with feedback that conditions were horrible. Michigan still has (to my knoweldge) over 35% of the populaton unvaccinated. Yes there are lots of breakthru cases, but most of those cases do not result in hospitilization because of vaccine protection. The majority of patients are unvaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested.

     Since the COVID-19 vaccination program began on December 14, 2020 and up to November 14, 2021, a total of 11,154,162 individuals in Ontario are fully vaccinated7. Of these individuals, 17,596 became breakthrough (i.e. fully vaccinated) cases and 40 became cases following a third dose (Table 1).
     The number of post-vaccination cases declines dramatically as time from vaccination increases (Figure 1, Table 1).
     The rate of COVID-19 in unvaccinated individuals is higher compared to fully vaccinated individuals. This trend has remained consistent over time (Figure 2).
     In the past 30 days, unvaccinated individuals were approximately 4.8 times more likely to become a case of COVID-19 compared to fully vaccinated individuals (Figure 2).
     In the past 30 days, the rate of COVID-19 in unvaccinated individuals was higher compared to fully vaccinated individuals in every age group (Figure 5).
     Among individuals 60 years of age or older, the rate of COVID-19-related hospitalizations was higher among unvaccinated individuals compared to fully vaccinated individuals. This trend has remained consistent over time (Figure 6).
     In the past 30 days, unvaccinated adults 60 years of age or older were approximately 16.3 times more likely to be hospitalized due to COVID-19 compared to fully vaccinated adults 60 years of age and older (Figure 6).
     Unvaccinated cases accounted for the majority (91.7%) of COVID-19 cases reported since December 14, 2020 and up to November 14, 2021, with breakthrough cases accounting for 3.8% of cases, and cases following a third dose accounting for <0.1% (Figure 4).
     Similar trends are observed for hospitalizations and deaths, with unvaccinated cases accounting for 90.9% of hospitalizations and 90.2% of deaths while breakthrough cases accounted for 2.7% of hospitalizations and 3.3% of deaths. Cases following a third dose accounted for <0.1% of hospitalizations and <0.1% of deaths (Figure 4).

    https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-...tion.pdf?la=en





  10. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,460
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
     Since the COVID-19 vaccination program began on December 14, 2020 and up to November 14, 2021, a total of 11,154,162 individuals in Ontario are fully vaccinated7. Of these individuals, 17,596 became breakthrough (i.e. fully vaccinated) cases and 40 became cases following a third dose (Table 1).
     The number of post-vaccination cases declines dramatically as time from vaccination increases (Figure 1, Table 1).
     The rate of COVID-19 in unvaccinated individuals is higher compared to fully vaccinated individuals. This trend has remained consistent over time (Figure 2).
     In the past 30 days, unvaccinated individuals were approximately 4.8 times more likely to become a case of COVID-19 compared to fully vaccinated individuals (Figure 2).
     In the past 30 days, the rate of COVID-19 in unvaccinated individuals was higher compared to fully vaccinated individuals in every age group (Figure 5).
     Among individuals 60 years of age or older, the rate of COVID-19-related hospitalizations was higher among unvaccinated individuals compared to fully vaccinated individuals. This trend has remained consistent over time (Figure 6).
     In the past 30 days, unvaccinated adults 60 years of age or older were approximately 16.3 times more likely to be hospitalized due to COVID-19 compared to fully vaccinated adults 60 years of age and older (Figure 6).
     Unvaccinated cases accounted for the majority (91.7%) of COVID-19 cases reported since December 14, 2020 and up to November 14, 2021, with breakthrough cases accounting for 3.8% of cases, and cases following a third dose accounting for <0.1% (Figure 4).
     Similar trends are observed for hospitalizations and deaths, with unvaccinated cases accounting for 90.9% of hospitalizations and 90.2% of deaths while breakthrough cases accounted for 2.7% of hospitalizations and 3.3% of deaths. Cases following a third dose accounted for <0.1% of hospitalizations and <0.1% of deaths (Figure 4).

    https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-...tion.pdf?la=en
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the time we've been on this board together, you've been very untrusting of government(s). Is that fair to say?
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  11. #35

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    To the most poignant question, my wife has definitely always believed in masks. That being said she thinks a mask mandate is fairly pointless for a couple of reasons. Number one people touch their mouth, then touch their mask, which doesn’t defeat the point entirely, but it certainly defeats the majority of the effectiveness. They also talk over their mask, or pull their mask down to speak then getting airborne droplets on the outside of their mask, again yet completely defeating the point. This is also assuming that people even wear the mask properly, and not just under their nose, or around their chins, or whatever the case may be. There was a study done a long time ago about how many things get touched on average in the supermarket, and it literally takes one person not wearing a mask for everyone in the store to be in “danger”. Now this is not to say that people are doing it maliciously, because they most likely are not, they are just uneducated on how to wear masks. It is her belief that if we are going to have a mask mandate, then we should have mandatory training on how to use masks. With that said, she also understands how infeasible that really is in a country of 370 million, compounded by the fact that people are so divided on this virus in general. Also, she is over the mask mandate for the fact that even our elected leader ship is no longer leading the charge in this area so to speak. Do you see people put on a mask just for a press conference, go behind the curtain and then take it off. She understands you can’t realistically expect people to follow your lead, if you have a poor lead. That being said as a physician she wears masks the overwhelming majority of the day, and as a surgeon she wore masks before there was a mask mandates considering that operating rooms are sterile environments. So all in all she believes in masks when done properly, but she doesn’t think they’re being done properly, she thinks the leader ship has been poor, and that mandating people to do things is generally speaking the worst way to go about it, and choices to make medical decisions is paramount to a free society. I feel like I got the gist of it, there was some nuances to it, and things I didn’t understand what she said because I’m not a physician, but I feel like I hit the important points.

    I’m also not really going to delve into where people stand politically. Nobody’s changing their mind, that isn’t something unique toyou. Safe to say for me myself I haven’t liked a president since I’ve been alive. I’m in my late 30s and I can’t look back at a president and say he was a good man. At least not in my opinion. That neither being here nor there, I understand your point about people being able to invest in these things. The problem I have is when the FDA is now in the pocket of the president, and they are also in the pocket of Congress, it seems odd to me that they’re allowed to invest in those things for the sole purpose that they can put pressure on the CDC on which company gets approved first, what pill forms get approved first, and in general the fact that they are allowed to make money on it at all seems extraordinarily fishy to me. I’m happy that you made your money, and I don’t know your financial situation, but I would venture to guess it’s probably not as good as some of these lifelong congressmen who can dump millions into this and make 1500 times their money. Think about that for a second for every $1 million invested, they would turn around and make 15 million. How that is not a conflict of interest is beyond me. I too invested in several of these stocks and have made vast sums of money, but I also realize that I was also in a good financial position before hand to be able to reap the benefits, not everyone was. If you only bought one stock, or you even bought 100 you didn’t really reap the financial windfalls that everyone else got to who had either A.) had the money to start with, or B.) you are a congressman with inside information. If Martha Stewart goes to jail, then every congressman caught with the stock should also be in jail. There is no way any of this can be looked at any other way but completely crooked from start to finish, so I can 100% understand the hesitancy of buying into complete and in your face corruption like this. Because of this fact alone, I really feel like masking vaccine mandates should be 100% voluntary, and there should be no external pressure from any government agency. The world has truly been poisoned in this regard, and there’s no way that I can look at this any other way than completely corrupt and 100% financially motivated by our government. The fact that our president comes out and says that mandates will not pass constitutional muster, yet here we are is one of the most mind blowing admissions of government overreach in recent memory. I literally cannot fathom how people are baffled that people don’t want to take part in this.
    Thanks for the feedback from your wife. I get what you are saying. I pretty much do not trust most politicians and I am a lot older than you. I also know congressman make a ton of money off tips and I certainly cannot compete with that. I will say if my timing was right I would have made about 25 million in the last 3 weeks - but I had no more money I wished to invest - hence my knowledge was right but my timing/finances were not. Thought about it but decided not to pump another 100k into stock options. Massive mistake, but that's options trading.

    Many people do not wear masks correctly. I cannot tell you the number of times I have been indoors and a mask is pulled beneath someone's nose. I really think the most effective treatment is vaccines - but this debate will not be solved until history looks back at this time period 10 or 20 years from now.





  12. #36

    Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the time we've been on this board together, you've been very untrusting of government(s). Is that fair to say?
    Just give it the fuck up. You are now trying to goad Blah into saying he does not trust gov'ts therefore he should not trust their data. Go back to your flat earth society.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->