Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: CORONAVIRUSCOVID Death Toll Under Biden Set to Surpass Trump, In Less Time

South African scientists are stating the Omicron appears to evade prior infection immunity, hence natural immunity does not protect against it. Obviously more testing needs to be done but this does not bode well for people who believe they caught Covid once and are now protected against this variant. It remains to be seen if this variant is mild or results in more hospitalizations. It's here in the US and time to see if it grows and overtakes delta as the dominant variant.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    South African scientists are stating the Omicron appears to evade prior infection immunity, hence natural immunity does not protect against it. Obviously more testing needs to be done but this does not bode well for people who believe they caught Covid once and are now protected against this variant. It remains to be seen if this variant is mild or results in more hospitalizations. It's here in the US and time to see if it grows and overtakes delta as the dominant variant.
    It would also evade vaccine protection if that is true. Unfortunately I believe very little of what people say anymore.

Luckily all evidence in the real world so far is that it is much weaker and barely symptomatic.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

So far in the entire trend of 2 or 3 it seems to be getting weaker. I don’t see this changing anyones mind honestly.

Blog Entries

If only the vaccinated are allowed to travel, how is Omicron traveling to other countries?

Blog Entries

South African doctors have said it's basically a mild cold.

As true with most virus, they mutate to survive, if they become more deadly, they kill their host and don't get passed on. So... they become more transmissible, and less deadly.

As soon as we stop watching the news and hanging on every word like Chick Little's, this will go away and we can get back to worrying about the flu each year.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    It would also evade vaccine protection if that is true. Unfortunately I believe very little of what people say anymore.

Luckily all evidence in the real world so far is that it is much weaker and barely symptomatic.

This article is extremely concerning and it's not a US based source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicro...n-south-africa

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    South African doctors have said it's basically a mild cold.

As true with most virus, they mutate to survive, if they become more deadly, they kill their host and don't get passed on. So... they become more transmissible, and less deadly.

As soon as we stop watching the news and hanging on every word like Chick Little's, this will go away and we can get back to worrying about the flu each year.
    Not according to this SA based article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicro...n-south-africa

If only the vaccinated are allowed to travel, how is Omicron traveling to other countries?
    We know there are vaccine breakthroughs, thats a fact. That does not mean the vaccine is ineffective, it means it could be the difference between a flu-like cold and being hospitalized or worse.

That would be the hope here - that Omicron is more transmissable, far milder than other variants, and takes over as the dominant form and is indeed milder. I think we all have to take a wait and see approach as to what its final form is in terms of mildness/deadliness. Probably will not know for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    So far in the entire trend of 2 or 3 it seems to be getting weaker. I don’t see this changing anyones mind honestly.
    I hope it does get weaker and we can get back to normal. I still see a new variant that requires further study. On one hand the young people who are university aged in SA appear to only have mild symptoms. On the other hand I see a report that kids under 5 are being hospitalized where that was not happening before. The jury is out over here until it produces some new wave and we see its effects or lack thereof.

I hope it does get weaker and we can get back to normal. I still see a new variant that requires further study. On one hand the young people who are university aged in SA appear to only have mild symptoms. On the other hand I see a report that kids under 5 are being hospitalized where that was not happening before. The jury is out over here until it produces some new wave and we see its effects or lack thereof.
    Thats what they tried saying about Delta until they were caught lying. Nothing like trying to scare parents into vaxxing healthy kids all in the name of driving up share price.

Not according to this SA based article: https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicro...n-south-africa
    Daily Beast is hot garbage. There are no verifiable statistics anywhere in that article. They said the same exact shit about Delta right as they were trying to approve shots for 5-12 year olds.

No virus ever mutates to get stronger. Sure, more kids may get it because it's more transmissable and children are always playing together, but none are dying from it.