Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Congress Votes to Oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/04/polit...ion/index.html

Looks like Matt Gaetz and his crew weren't playing around. A majority of Dems voted to oust McCarthy also. Not because they really cared, but because of the chaos that will ensue.

Scalise looks like he will be the next Speaker.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Congress Votes to Oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy

Shout out to Gaetz for not treating politics like sports and having some sort of principled stance. He also called out the money in politics which is also great to see. This also reveals how feckless and weakminded the "progressives" in congress are. The squad has done absolutely NOTHING to threaten Pelosi's power and instead have walked in lockstep with everything corporate Dems want. It's sickening.

It’s hard to pick someone to support between these two.
    McCarthy is pretty establishment, and a little to willing to bend to Dems on spending and such. Gaetz seems like a grand-stander most interested in what he perceives is good for him than the overall good. Seems on odd time to push this. Seems after the debt ceiling limit deal would have been more appropriate for a fiscal hawk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/04/polit...ion/index.html

Looks like Matt Gaetz and his crew weren't playing around. A majority of Dems voted to oust McCarthy also. Not because they really cared, but because of the chaos that will ensue.

Scalise looks like he will be the next Speaker.
    Scalise would be a solid pick. Does he want the job?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Scalise would be a solid pick. Does he want the job?
    Doesn’t Scalise have health issues?
    Seems no one really wants the job under the current conditions

I hope whoever takes over pushes for the impeachment of Biden.

Blog Entries

The temporary Speaker (McHenry from NC) told Pelosi to vacate her private office.

I like that. :)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The temporary Speaker (McHenry from NC) told Pelosi to vacate her private office.

I like that. :)
    That was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I hope whoever takes over pushes for the impeachment of Biden.
    I hope they push to take money out of politics. All this impeachment mess of both Trump and Biden is all theatre. Now is the time to push for actual substantial change

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I hope they push to take money out of politics. All this impeachment mess of both Trump and Biden is all theatre. Now is the time to push for actual substantial change
    Do you expect the people making the money in politics to push to take the money out of politics? All the millionaires in Congress (who weren’t when they went in) aren’t going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Do you expect the people making the money in politics to push to take the money out of politics? All the millionaires in Congress (who weren’t when they went in) aren’t going to change anything.
    Well, it begins with people like Gaetz being willing to call it out. If you can display the power to do something that hasnt really been done before in ousting a speaker, then more folk who believe in the principle can do it. A bill has already been passed to limit investing from congress members and their families, but a WHOLEEEE lot more needs to be done. I think this can be the momentum starter.

12. Re: Congress Votes to Oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Well, it begins with people like Gaetz being willing to call it out. If you can display the power to do something that hasnt really been done before in ousting a speaker, then more folk who believe in the principle can do it. A bill has already been passed to limit investing from congress members and their families, but a WHOLEEEE lot more needs to be done. I think this can be the momentum starter.
    Agreed.