Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arbery trial complete, all defendants found guilty.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ah...ions-wednesday

Jury got it right. You can't chase someone down for a citizens arrest unless you have proof that they had committed a crime. When Arbery grabbed McMichael's gun, he was the one acting in self-defense.

The only I don't know about is the guy who filmed it also being charged with murder. He'll probably get a reduced sentence. The father and son will, hopefully, spend the rest of their lives in prison.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Re: Arbery trial complete, all defendants found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Jury got it right. You can't chase someone down for a citizens arrest unless you have proof that they had committed a crime. When Arbery grabbed McMichael's gun, he was the one acting in self-defense.

The only I don't know about is the guy who filmed it also being charged with murder. He'll probably get a reduced sentence. The father and son will, hopefully, spend the rest of their lives in prison.
    Wow.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Yeah i dont know about felony murder for the guy who filmed it. Those other two sure.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yeah i dont know about felony murder for the guy who filmed it. Those other two sure.
    It’s like a getaway driver, entirely complicit. I’m good with the ability to get out on parole at some point. Maybe 15-20 on good behavior.

I still wish the media hadn’t reported him as a “jogger” but the facts are pretty clear on this one as well, and this isn’t justifiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It’s like a getaway driver, entirely complicit. I’m good with the ability to get out on parole at some point. Maybe 15-20 on good behavior.

I still wish the media hadn’t reported him as a “jogger” but the facts are pretty clear on this one as well, and this isn’t justifiable.

I thought felony murder in GA was a guarnteed life in prison. I wouldn’t necessarily say the guy who filmed it contributed to the immediate cause of death. Granted I didn’t see all the testimony, but it seems a lot more on the two other guys

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    That's kind of where I'm at. The other two can rot in jail, but the video guy may have been a bit much.

You don't video something if you know the other guys are gonna do what they did. Maybe there was more to his involvement.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

If he truly just videoed I could maybe see Conspiracy to Commit or maybe Accessory to Murder. Felony murder usually carries Life ..seems extreme for just watching and filming.

I agree with the findings of guilt, but for my money the father, by virtue of being an ex-policeman, has a signifcantly higher level of guilt. His presence had to lend credibility to the illegal actions of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I agree with the findings of guilt, but for my money the father, by virtue of being an ex-policeman, has a signifcantly higher level of guilt. His presence had to lend credibility to the illegal actions of the other two.
    Good point. Didn't think of that.

I also don't get bowl cut guy being convicted of felony murder. I think he only got charged after the GBI looked at his phone and found evidence he was a creep, lol. He had pictures or chats with minors or something like that if I recall correctly. I don't know all the details of the incident but that one doesn't sit well with me. We have people running around videoing incidents all the time in this country. It's just how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

The jogger thing kind of upset me as well because it wasn't believable and it didn't matter. I don't care if he was there going through houses looking to steal shit. You call the police and let them handle it. He wasn't a dangerous criminal that was posing an immediate threat to anyone.

The media makes things worse in every single way. They are the enemy of the people. Even the half of the country that doesn't recognize it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I also don't get bowl cut guy being convicted of felony murder. I think he only got charged after the GBI looked at his phone and found evidence he was a creep, lol. He had pictures or chats with minors or something like that if I recall correctly. I don't know all the details of the incident but that one doesn't sit well with me. We have people running around videoing incidents all the time in this country. It's just how it is now.
    If he had inappropriate chats with minors then fuck it. Society is safer if he's in jail.

Edit: He is under investigation for child molestation as a result of what they found on his phone.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 11-24-2021 at 05:55 PM.