Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phillip Lindsay

Blog Entries

Question Re: Phillip Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They're running out of roster spots and not going to have the luxury of carring four RBs soon. Also as one of the lowest rated passing teams in the league, will they keep 7 WRs? I smell he-who-will-not-be-named going to IR for the year.
    Not trying to lay more weight on "he-who-will-not-be-named", but he's only been active for 5 games (1 catch for 6 yards). What are the Ravens waiting for? ... Bc

Re: Phillip Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    18 offensive snaps and no carries for Ty'Son belies the story some people keep repeating about his poor pass protection being the reason we don't see Williams getting any touches. Why would they have him out there on (presumably) 18 passing plays if his protection was a problem?

It seems like people were just guessing about that and it seems like they were wrong.
    My read on it is that he doesn't know the playbook and runs to the wrong spot.

I had looked up his draft profile, which said things like, "below-average instincts in feel for run-lane development. Has build-up speed when allowed to run to daylight, but he lacks creativity when operating near the line of scrimmage. Needs to press line of scrimmage tighter on zone runs. Doesn't run with much speed variance. Lacks feel for blocking schemes and setting up tacklers. Inside running is missing creativity."

Zrebiec weighed in and said that he thinks they like his potential and there was some mild interest from other teams at the trade deadline, but they'd like to develop him for the future but don't think he's ready now. He suspects they want to take a look at McCrary but are concerned about losing Williams if they were to expose him.
    "That's what."
    ó She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

I had looked up his draft profile, which said things like, "below-average instincts in feel for run-lane development. Has build-up speed when allowed to run to daylight, but he lacks creativity when operating near the line of scrimmage. Needs to press line of scrimmage tighter on zone runs. Doesn't run with much speed variance. Lacks feel for blocking schemes and setting up tacklers. Inside running is missing creativity."

Zrebiec weighed in and said that he thinks they like his potential and there was some mild interest from other teams at the trade deadline, but they'd like to develop him for the future but don't think he's ready now. He suspects they want to take a look at McCrary but are concerned about losing Williams if they were to expose him.
    People are hyping up Williams because we lost 3 RBs. TBH Williams is a 4th or 5th string RB. Nothing special about him but i think we are forgetting who he actually is. He would have been another preseason star for us that got lost in the shuffle if everyone was healthy.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

Ravens should IR him for a hangnail in practice if that is the case, they can bring him back in 3 weeks if needed

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    People are hyping up Williams because we lost 3 RBs.
    Or we have eyeballs and see he's a better runner than the washed up vets. 5.5 yards a carry for Williams versus 3.5 for Murray. If he's slow to learn COACH HIM UP. If he's too stupid to learn, then cut him. But they know another team will scoop him and actually use him and make them look silly. Keep in mind these same coaches thought it was a good idea to start washed up Mark Ingram last year over Dobbins until like Week 9.

Lindsay is another Justin Forsett. We should have capitalized.

Miami claims him. There were probably other teams higher in the pecking order than the Ravens who put in a claim.