Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Other (Biden admin) issues not getting a lot of discussion

So covid has taken up a lot of bandwidth and had limited the amount of attention other things get.
    But there are some really bad policies proposed/put in that should be discussed. Please add any area you think needs more discussion/attention.

Biden lifting sanctions on Russia and allowing their pipeline to Europe to be completed was a huge policy bounder that will cause problems for years.

The proposed $600 limit on what banks need to report to the govt is a huge invasion of privacy, and lets be honest a money grab attempt.

The billionaire tax, just so so bad.

As possibly worst of all the taxing of unrealized capital gains. All to ‘fund’ hugely wasteful spending in the progressives wet dream universe

Blog Entries

Re: Other (Biden admin) issues not getting a lot of discussion

They're so bad across the board that it doesn't make sense to talk about any of it.

I mean... even the people who actually did vote for him see it, so it's not like people need convincing.

Regarding what you posted, there will be some kind of "Infrastructure Bill" (AKA Democrat slush fund similar to Obama's in 09) that will pass, but I don't think any of the things you talked about get passed.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So covid has taken up a lot of bandwidth and had limited the amount of attention other things get.
    But there are some really bad policies proposed/put in that should be discussed. Please add any area you think needs more discussion/attention.

Biden lifting sanctions on Russia and allowing their pipeline to Europe to be completed was a huge policy bounder that will cause problems for years.

The proposed $600 limit on what banks need to report to the govt is a huge invasion of privacy, and lets be honest a money grab attempt.

As possibly worst of all the taxing of unrealized capital gains. All to ‘fund’ hugely wasteful spending in the progressives wet dream universe
    That last one. That is borrowing from the future because if you tax unrealized gains you can't tax them when they are realized. Worse, if they turn out to not be gains but losses then the tax payer is owed money. But the worst part is by taking this money they remove it from the investment pool (that they already hurt through other taxes and other methods) and thus lessen capital for future investments which create jobs. These people are so stupid, but then our tax system is so stupid. It's based on jealousy and not what is best for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post

Chrissakes I can write so many pages full of Bideninsanity that it'd be considered a novel.

I do believe they're scrapping the 600.00 transfers and last I knew were talking 10k. Just as bad. Just like the Mueller investigations they are looking for crimes. And don't get me started on unrealized gains cuz now it's all about forecasting. Then what? If they do better the govt gonna put their hand out again and if they do worse pay them back. The always and onliest way for the rich *Bernie voice* "To pay their fair share" is the flat tax and/or consumption tax but yet this is never brought to the table cuz the left knows damn well there's loopholes to all these taxes they want to incur and will hurt small businesses more. When you look at it who can afford Bideninflation? Why the rich of course. Anybody who keeps buying their bs about taxing the rich please wake up. Who is this economy hurting now?
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Chrissakes I can write so many pages full of Bideninsanity that it'd be considered a novel.

I do believe they're scrapping the 600.00 transfers and last I knew were talking 10k. Just as bad. Just like the Mueller investigations they are looking for crimes. And don't get me started on unrealized gains cuz now it's all about forecasting. Then what? If they do better the govt gonna put their hand out again and if they do worse pay them back. The always and onliest way for the rich *Bernie voice* "To pay their fair share" is the flat tax and/or consumption tax but yet this is never brought to the table cuz the left knows damn well there's loopholes to all these taxes they want to incur and will hurt small businesses more. When you look at it who can afford Bideninflation? Why the rich of course. Anybody who keeps buying their bs about taxing the rich please wake up. Who is this economy hurting now?
    It WAS $600 in transactions over a year, which would include an 8 year old's bank account from birthday and Christmas money. Now it is $10,000 in transactions over a year, which will include almost every adult and a lot of teenagers who work.

Banks already have to report $10,000 individual transactions and have had to since the Patriot Act. This new act, even as constructed, is to be able to look at EVERYBODY'S transactions. It's pure BS and is a violation of the Constitution, as is the $10,000 per transaction already in place. It all needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It WAS $600 in transactions over a year, which would include an 8 year old's bank account from birthday and Christmas money. Now it is $10,000 in transactions over a year, which will include almost every adult and a lot of teenagers who work.

Banks already have to report $10,000 individual transactions and have had to since the Patriot Act. This new act, even as constructed, is to be able to look at EVERYBODY'S transactions. It's pure BS and is a violation of the Constitution, as is the $10,000 per transaction already in place. It all needs to end.
    Yep you're right. I thought it was individual transactions. This is unbelievable and yet no they're not coming for the common man. They only want to get the rich. This should tell it all but the gullible sheep will continue to believe their garbage.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Yep you're right. I thought it was individual transactions. This is unbelievable and yet no they're not coming for the common man. They only want to get the rich. This should tell it all but the gullible sheep will continue to believe their garbage.
    It's unconstitutional on its face. There is no requirement for probable cause. Without that the whole "reporting" of any transaction is unconstitutional.

We've surrendered way too much power to the federal government.

I see another biden proposal came out and it was so bad it got its own thread.
    Hundreds of thousands to illegal immigrants for getting separated????

9. Re: Other (Biden admin) issues not getting a lot of discussion

I figured all the Biden votin' folks would have been here by now to firstly, admit that they voted for him and second, to explain to everyone why they think he's doing a fine job and that they fully support him. Not even a one. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I figured all the Biden votin' folks would have been here by now to firstly, admit that they voted for him and second, to explain to everyone why they think he's doing a fine job and that they fully support him. Not even a one. Weird.
    How about somebody who stuffed the ballot box for him?

11. Re: Other (Biden admin) issues not getting a lot of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How about somebody who stuffed the ballot box for him?
    Nothing to see here....move along now.

So the bideb admin is considering shutting down another pipeline? With energy prices going up and that affecting inflation overall???