Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: How the hell are we 7-3

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Despite all of our bitching about the coaching with a dud here and there, Harbaugh knows how to keep his guys fighting. I said before the season started, due to the injuries before the season and the inevitable normal injuries that happen during the course of every teams season, Harbaugh will deserve a lot of credit if this team makes the playoffs.
    Definitely this. Good coaching wins games like this.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Definitely this. Good coaching wins games like this.

Harbs is a top tier leader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I mean, down qb1, wr1, and CB2, was there any other way to win? Lol

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Point Taken.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Harbaugh just knows how to win ugly. It’s like he has a game genie in his pocket when the game turns ugly.
    Sign of a good coach. I think he's a lot better in game coach than he was when he started. He makes a lot of good decisions.

Harbs is a great coach. My problem is that he gives so much latitude to his coordinators (which is what a good leader does) but those coordinators are absolute imbeciles sometimes

I don't understand how everyone simultaneously is claiming Harbs is an amazing coach but constantly saying how horrible coordinators game plans are. Both can't be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Harbs is a great coach. My problem is that he gives so much latitude to his coordinators (which is what a good leader does) but those coordinators are absolute imbeciles sometimes
    This is where the fan base is divided now. I think most people know that Harbs is a seasoned, top coach at this point. So the debate rests on the coordinators.

Tony Romo, for one, really likes both our coordinators. And went out of his way to say Harbaugh hires good coaches. This also includes his new ST coach and the positional coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Harbs is a top tier leader
    I've definitely been critical of him through the years because I'm not sure what he does great, other than winning and that's what counts.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

One name…Lamar (well Huntley today). I don’t think Harbs is a bad coach, but I also don’t think he as great as many on here believe. Many people forget the rumblings in 2018 about Harbs being on his way out until Lamar saved the season. Harbs should nipped the play calling issues from both sides of the ball earlier in the season. Instead, we are seeing the same issues every week. Just my opinion, I see the argument for both sides of the coin though.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I've definitely been critical of him through the years because I'm not sure what he does great, other than winning and that's what counts.

You almost never see the Ravens quit under Harbaugh and that's huge. There are plenty of examples where teams don't show up at a game and that could have happened today with Lamar being out.

Something we have not seen a lot in the more frustrating years since 2012: Heroes.

Lamar nearly every game.
    Oweh sealing the win over KC
    Tucker in Detroit
    Calais against the Colts
    Bowser and Huntley against the Bears

just off the top of my head.

The sign of a very good team is that you win even when you don't play well (or get the feeling they are not playing well).

Agree Harbaugh deserves praise. He keeps them together. Remember 2015 when we were even more wrecked with injuries than this year: We beat Pittsburgh twice, once with Ryan Mallett.

Nobody in the AFC has a better record, IIANM.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    One name…Lamar (well Huntley today). I don’t think Harbs is a bad coach, but I also don’t think he as great as many on here believe. Many people forget the rumblings in 2018 about Harbs being on his way out until Lamar saved the season. Harbs should nipped the play calling issues from both sides of the ball earlier in the season. Instead, we are seeing the same issues every week. Just my opinion, I see the argument for both sides of the coin though.
    He doesn't seem like a great coach - and yet he's sitting there climbing in the all time coaching stats.

How many great coaches had a great QB anyway? Most of them. Some of them more than one great QB.