Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: A closer look at Mark Turgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Turf is basically the polar opposite of Gary. Turg can recruit like nobody’s business…can’t coach to save his ass. Barely has a plan to begin the game and makes little to no changes during

Gary couldn’t recruit , somehow refused to recruit the DMV and yet could get every once of talent outa what he had. Dude could flat coach. He knew his player’s strengths and weakness. Gary was a Gamer.

Best scenario woulda been ..have both. Let Turg recruit ..let Gary coach. We’d have 7-8 NCAA’s by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gary could recruit - he just didn't like the environment that gave so much power to AAU coaches and refused to play by their rules, which caused his program to settle for 2nd tier talent. He was able to get the most out of that talent to field competitive teams on a yearly basis, but it took blood, sweat and tears to do so.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Maryland may be the worst 3 pt shooting team in the country. Ugly. They need to just stop shooting them.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Turf is basically the polar opposite of Gary. Turg can recruit like nobody’s business…can’t coach to save his ass. Barely has a plan to begin the game and makes little to no changes during

Gary couldn’t recruit , somehow refused to recruit the DMV and yet could get every once of talent outa what he had. Dude could flat coach. He knew his player’s strengths and weakness. Gary was a Gamer.

Best scenario woulda been ..have both. Let Turg recruit ..let Gary coach. We’d have 7-8 NCAA’s by now.

Ignorance has never prevented me from issuing an opinion. That expressed....

I haven't watched Terps basketball in about three years.

My impression:
    With Gary I'd say, "Man, I wish he had another ten days with these guys."
    With Turg I say, "Man, I wish the season ended a month earlier."

With Gary it always felt that we were building up to something...even if we didn't always get there.
    With Turg it always feel like we are waiting for something to collapse, for other teams to surpass the us.

Gary: peak late.
    Turg: peak early.

I prefer the journey Gary offered.

Turg was shitcanned today.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Turg was shitcanned today.