Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Playoff Contender Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Ravens not in good shape if comes to conference record:

NFC Losses for AFC playoff contenders (more NFC losses =better AFC record if tied)-------as of 11/22

Pats 3 No remaining NFC games left
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Colts 3 Remaining NFC games: Cardinals
    Raiders 2 Remaining NFC games: WFT
    Chargers 2 Remaining NFC games: Giants
    Bengals 2 Remaining NFC games: 49ers
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Steelers 1.5 Remaining NFC games: Vikings (very unlikely tiebreakers needed w/tie)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Titans 1 Remaining NFC games: 49ers
    Browns 1 Remaining NFC games: Packers
    Broncos 1 Remaining NFC games: Lions
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Bills 0 Remaining NFC games: Saints, Bucs, Panthers, Falcons
    Ravens 0 Remaining NFC games: Packers, Rams
    Chiefs 0 No remaining NFC games left
    they have H2H wins against KC, DEN, LAC, IND. only loss to non-AFCN playoff contender is LV, so that's a big help.

conference record rarely decides anything in-division, since divisions have 3 more tiebreakers that come first (overall record -> division record -> common opponents record -> conference record). so that leaves only three playoff contenders where the conference record tiebreaker would come into play: NE (6-1 conf), TEN (5-3 conf), BUF (5-4 conf). so conference record could affect seeding for the Ravens and possibly cost us that first round bye, but if we're talking Wildcard then only one of NE/BUF would be in the wildcard hunt with the Ravens, and IND is 2 games back of TEN right now and TEN won both their matchups, so it is very unlikely TEN would lose the division at this point (IND needs to make up 3 games with 5 games left). so if the ravens lose the division, it's very unlikely they get knocked out of the wildcard race based on conference record.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    they have H2H wins against KC, DEN, LAC, IND. only loss to non-AFCN playoff contender is LV, so that's a big help.

conference record rarely decides anything in-division, since divisions have 3 more tiebreakers that come first (overall record -> division record -> common opponents record -> conference record). so that leaves only three playoff contenders where the conference record tiebreaker would come into play: NE (6-1 conf), TEN (5-3 conf), BUF (5-4 conf). so conference record could affect seeding for the Ravens and possibly cost us that first round bye, but if we're talking Wildcard then only one of NE/BUF would be in the wildcard hunt with the Ravens, and IND is 2 games back of TEN right now and TEN won both their matchups, so it is very unlikely TEN would lose the division at this point (IND needs to make up 3 games with 5 games left). so if the ravens lose the division, it's very unlikely they get knocked out of the wildcard race based on conference record.
    True. But a 3-way tiebreaker that includes the Bills/Pats could be troublesome for a wildcard if it comes to that.

True. But a 3-way tiebreaker that includes the Bills/Pats could be troublesome for a wildcard if it comes to that.
    With the Ravens at 8-3 without their entire starting backfield, I’m optimistic they won’t be a Wild Card contender, come January. They keep finding ways to win, and I feel optimistic that they will “find a way” to win the division. I truly believe Lamar will hit his stride after his last 2 flops. Cincinnati may be good, but they’ve laid a couple stinkers too. Plus, their remaining schedule (like Bal and Pit) is pretty rough too.
    My AFCN prediction- Bal will win the division, Cincy will have the #5 WC spot, and PIT and CLE will be preparing for 2022 once the reg season ends.

BTW- even without Gus and Dobbins, the Ravens are still #2 in the league in rushing ypg, and #10 in rushing TDs. Who woulda thought that possible?
    Last edited by YoCo757; 11-30-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    With the Ravens at 8-3 without their entire starting backfield, I’m optimistic they won’t be a Wild Card contender, come January. They keep finding ways to win, and I feel optimistic that they will “find a way” to win the division. I truly believe Lamar will hit his stride after his last 2 flops. Cincinnati may be good, but they’ve laid a couple stinkers too. Plus, their remaining schedule (like Bal and Pit) is pretty rough too.
    My AFCN prediction- Bal will win the division, Cincy will have the #5 WC spot, and PIT and CLE will be preparing for 2022 once the reg season ends.

BTW- even without Gus and Dobbins, the Ravens are still #2 in the league in rushing ypg, and #10 in rushing TDs. Who woulda thought that possible?
    I am optimistic that they can win division as well, but I still like to view all possibilities to get in playoffs. Bengals are unpredictable too. Definitely don’t think it’s out of the question that they finish 11-6 (and could very likely hold tiebreaker over Ravens by h2h or division record).

3-3 down the stretch for Ravens is not unrealistic with their schedule. I do believe 12-5 is likely to win division, and it is probably likely 11-6 gets them in as wildcard or division winner depending how Cincy finishes

Blog Entries

The Ravens will be contenders as long as Lamar is at QB.

If Lamar plays MVP level they will be serious contenders.

Blog Entries

I'm seeing Bills -1.5 against Pats this weekend and weather is supposed to be very windy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm seeing Bills -1.5 against Pats this weekend and weather is supposed to be very windy
    Damn! That weather definitely favors the Patriots. Patriots like to run the ball, where Buffalo basically can't run other than Allen making a few plays here and there with his legs.

Blog Entries

Damn! That weather definitely favors the Patriots. Patriots like to run the ball, where Buffalo basically can't run other than Allen making a few plays here and there with his legs.
    The game is in Buffalo where the Bills are used to any kind of weather. While they've been up-and-down the last month and a half, they're coming off a 31 - 6 pounding of the Saints in N.O. That game was on Thanksgiving, so they also have an extra three days of rest and healing. I'm not predicting a Bills victory, but let's not allow a weather condition, that won't be there for four days as conditions do change, to say it's a sure Bills loss either... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The game is in Buffalo where the Bills are used to any kind of weather. While they've been up-and-down the last month and a half, they're coming off a 31 - 6 pounding of the Saints in N.O. That game was on Thanksgiving, so they also have an extra three days of rest and healing. I'm not predicting a Bills victory, but let's not allow a weather condition, that won't be there for four days as conditions do change, to say it's a sure Bills loss either... Bc
    Yeah, definitely not a sure loss by any means. I think it's going to be a heck of a game. Rooting like crazy for the Bills...I can't stand the Patriots as everyone on this board knows!

Blog Entries

Yeah, definitely not a sure loss by any means. I think it's going to be a heck of a game. Rooting like crazy for the Bills...I can't stand the Patriots as everyone on this board knows!
    Everyone knows that makes two of us and why I throw up in my mouth to say I’m afraid they’re peaking at the wrong time for other AFC playoff contenders. Judon, Jones, and Belichek are hitting their stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Windy favors the Patriots, they're very much run-oriented and the Bills are not.

Angry and sad about the Browns crapping the bed. A lot of Browns fans were unfortunately cocky. The key in these situations is to be humble and grateful or karma will get you. I think this bit them in the back. I thought the Browns might win 8-9 games due to a tougher schedule. They may finish 6-11.