Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: At The Bye: Offseason Needs

BC, the Ravens are more than simply "banged up".Losing Dobbins and Edwards ALONE has destroyed their ground game and made their offense 1-dimensional. None of their replacements have done the job. It's put a huge load on Lamar.Stanley's gone for the year. Marcus Peters is gone for the year. These are core guys. Then there are other injuries who will keep people out for various lengths of time.They may do ok in the regular season, but how about the playoffs if they get that far?

Yes, we demolished the Chargers -but last Sunday we were demolished.

I don't think they need to play again to know where they stand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    BC, the Ravens are more than simply "banged up".Losing Dobbins and Edwards ALONE has destroyed their ground game and made their offense 1-dimensional. None of their replacements have done the job. It's put a huge load on Lamar.Stanley's gone for the year. Marcus Peters is gone for the year. These are core guys. Then there are other injuries who will keep people out for various lengths of time.They may do ok in the regular season, but how about the playoffs if they get that far?

Yes, we demolished the Chargers -but last Sunday we were demolished.

I don't think they need to play again to know where they stand.
    mike, while I know the Ravens 2021 outlook seems a little dim, you just can't give up that readily. Perhaps our after-BYE could be dreadful OR we could go 6 - 4 (11 - 6 for the season) and make the playoffs, then it's like a new season. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but until the final gun sounds, there is always hope... and it ain't sounded yet.

JMO... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    This isn't a popular idea, but I'd plan on the assumption that the Ravens will be out of contention this year. What's more, by the deadline, I'd look to unload some veterans' salaries for draft picks. You'll have to drop people for nothing next year anyway because of Lamar's contract. Why not get something-even low-round picks-now? You mite get 2 or 3 more picks added to the 10 we have. The absolute LAST thing I 'd do is trade valuable draft picks in a desperate effort to fill the numerous gaps on this team. There are simply too many-both lines and running back at minimum.And, their chances of going deep into the playoffs aren't that good from what they've shown so far, even if they manage to beef up a few positions at a big cost in draft picks.

Next year you mite get some of the injured players back, and you'll have a better idea of what you really need. Plus trading some people mite give younger players a chance. You could find that they can do the job and there will be no need to draft or sign a free agent replacement.

Having extra draft picks is always a bonus. Next year you could address a lot of positions with the 12 or 13 picks the team could have.
    You need some medicine, pal.

In 1970, the Colts got whipped at home by the defending champion Chiefs, 44-24. It was worse than that: 31-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. It was awful - I watched it.

In 2012, the Ravens got whipped by Matt Schaub and the Texans, 43 - 13. The Texans led 29 -3 at the half.

Both of those Baltimore teams became Super Bowl champions.

Both of those beatings were more forceful and dramatic than our loss to the Bengals: We were down only 20-17 over half way through the 3rd quarter.

Not only that, we have only to hearken back to our crushing of the Chargers to know we have it in us to get the damn job done.

Don't be a wuss.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I’m not opposed to being sellers at the deadline of the right deal comes along, but no way in hell is it because I don’t believe in the Ravens this year

I hope we triple dip in OLine this draft. Give me 2 tackles and a center. I think we have 4 or 5 4th round picks.. let’s protect Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You need some medicine, pal.

In 1970, the Colts got whipped at home by the defending champion Chiefs, 44-24. It was worse than that: 31-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. It was awful - I watched it.

In 2012, the Ravens got whipped by Matt Schaub and the Texans, 43 - 13. The Texans led 29 -3 at the half.

Both of those Baltimore teams became Super Bowl champions.

Both of those beatings were more forceful and dramatic than our loss to the Bengals: We were down only 20-17 over half way through the 3rd quarter.

Not only that, we have only to hearken back to our crushing of the Chargers to know we have it in us to get the damn job done.

Don't be a wuss.
    Wonder how many guys were on IR in 2012. I seriously asking because I'd like to see if a team with this many starters out for the year has ever made the playoffs let alone won a Super Bowl.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Wonder how many guys were on IR in 2012. I seriously asking because I'd like to see if a team with this many starters out for the year has ever made the playoffs let alone won a Super Bowl.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Just off hand:

Lardarius Webb, who was an excellent CB back then, was out for the year. And Suggs missed the entire year until that Texans game, in which he was not effective. And Suggs, gradually getting better, was not his usual force throughout the 2012 post season.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    I hope we triple dip in OLine this draft. Give me 2 tackles and a center. I think we have 4 or 5 4th round picks.. let’s protect Lamar
    I'd rather have one really good tackle and, if Bozeman is not returning, one really good Center. We are already collecting useable T depth.

Use two 4ths to move up in the 3rd. Or take one in the 2nd and one in the 3rd.
    Last edited by rhapsody; 10-27-2021 at 04:35 PM.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    I'd rather have one really good tackle and, if Bozeman is not returning, one really good Center. We are already collecting useable T depth.

Use two 4ths to move up in the 3rd.
    rhap, I agree with "one good tackle" even if he costs a 2022 1st round choice.
    If Boze returns, then I'm OK with him and Colon manning Center.
    With Cleveland (LG) and Zeitler (RG) that should satisfy starting OGs.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself as it's still late October, but currently there seems very little to choose from on the O-line scrap heap... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    rhap, I agree with "one good tackle" even if he costs a 2022 1st round choice.
    If Boze returns, then I'm OK with him and Colon manning Center.
    With Cleveland (LG) and Zeitler (RG) that should satisfy starting OGs.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself as it's still late October, but currently there seems very little to choose from on the O-line scrap heap... Bc
    Not gonna argue. Beast DL and T in the 1st or 2nd. Re-sign Bozeman. Depth in the interior looks ok with Colon, Powers, Phillips, if that's the way it shakes out. Add a 4th rounder.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

11. Re: At The Bye: Offseason Needs

Some of yall give up on this team so easy

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Some of yall give up on this team so easy
    Who’s giving up?