Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Exposed

Re: Exposed

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    What was "exposed" exactly? We all knew we had a rag-tag secondary that would struggle unless there was relentless pressure up front, but even in that scenario you can't pressure every down.

What was "exposed" exactly? We all knew we had no real OL depth and with the loss of our 1-2 punch at RB we would be in a tough slog in the AFCN.

What was "exposed" exactly? All of this was already known.

The real challenge for this team was at day one, and will be for the rest of the season, how do we get to the dance given our injuries.

At 5-2, we are on track for a WC spot provided we split with our AFCN rivals and win the out of conference games that we should, even with injuries. That's it. This is not quantum mechanics and nothing yesterday should have come as a surprise to even a casual Ravens observer who understands where we are personnel-wise.

We will be fine.
    Define "fine."

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Define "fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Earl Thomas is still available.....:)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I have always felt that after the injuries, getting a WC spot would be realistic and a good goal for this team. Then who knows-any wins after that would be icing...and you never know what would happen. Nothing this first 7 games has changes my opinion about that. So in my mind, we are fine-we are right on track.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    I have always felt that after the injuries, getting a WC spot would be realistic and a good goal for this team. Then who knows-any wins after that would be icing...and you never know what would happen. Nothing this first 7 games has changes my opinion about that. So in my mind, we are fine-we are right on track.
    So that's kind of where I am. They are kind of in a pickle though as far as whether to give up draft capital to try to improve the team or stay put and go for it next year. I'm leaning on staying put unless you can get a longterm addition for a reasonable price, which I doubt is possible.

Do you give up a pick to rent a RB for 4 months knowing your line sucks? We are so thin at almost every position on the line that even if we went out and also got an OT, we are still one injury from disaster.

Definitely not a great situation, that's for sure.

Edit: let me add that I do think we need another OT even if just for the rest of this year just to keep LJ in one piece.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 10-25-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Ravens 2021=Ravens 1996

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    So that's kind of where I am. They are kind of in a pickle though as far as whether to give up draft capital to try to improve the team or stay put and go for it next year. I'm leaning on staying put unless you can get a longterm addition for a reasonable price, which I doubt is possible.

Do you give up a pick to rent a RB for 4 months knowing your line sucks? We are so thin at almost every position on the line that even if we went out and also got an OT, we are still one injury from disaster.

Definitely not a great situation, that's for sure.

Edit: let me add that I do think we need another OT even if just for the rest of this year just to keep LJ in one piece.

Nothing is guaranteed to last though. I think if they think they can make any sort of noise this year they have to give it a shot while they're in position to. Look at 2015 vs 2014 for example. Yeah, injuries, but even before that the team was falling off a cliff.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

In the game prediction thread I said the game would come down to whether wink was going to be stubborn and blitz as usual or would he switch up the game plan and play coverage.

Most people don’t pay attention to The bengals. And neither do I. But I saw a stat earlier in the week that burrow is the number 1 QB against the blitz.

He completes a whopping 71%+ against the blitz.

This caught my attention and caused me to look further at their offense.

What I discovered is their entire offense is built to beat the blitz.

It’s not a situation of “the DBs aren’t covering”.

The routes are all designed to take advantage of blitzing.

3 step drop quick hitters. Also a lot of single coverage beaters.

When they want to go deep against the blitz they run a max protect and the receivers and TE all run double moves that beat 1v1 coverage with no safety help.

It’s not 100% on wink. Piss poor tackling has nothing to do with wink. But the defensive gameplan was going to fail.

In the middle of the game I’m shouting to go to a traditional 2 man deep press coverage.

This would have allowed the CB’s to jam the receivers and throw off the timing of the short routes, with help over the top in case they get beat.

The short routes killed us because when you man blitz the Corners are giving space because they have no safety help.

Up until that point they had no run game. That’s the only way to really beat 2 deep man press. And that would have played right into our hands IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    In the game prediction thread I said the game would come down to whether wink was going to be stubborn and blitz as usual or would he switch up the game plan and play coverage.

Most people don’t pay attention to The bengals. And neither do I. But I saw a stat earlier in the week that burrow is the number 1 QB against the blitz.

He completes a whopping 71%+ against the blitz.

This caught my attention and caused me to look further at their offense.

What I discovered is their entire offense is built to beat the blitz.

It’s not a situation of “the DBs aren’t covering”.

The routes are all designed to take advantage of blitzing.

3 step drop quick hitters. Also a lot of single coverage beaters.

When they want to go deep against the blitz they run a max protect and the receivers and TE all run double moves that beat 1v1 coverage with no safety help.

It’s not 100% on wink. Piss poor tackling has nothing to do with wink. But the defensive gameplan was going to fail.

In the middle of the game I’m shouting to go to a traditional 2 man deep press coverage.

This would have allowed the CB’s to jam the receivers and throw off the timing of the short routes, with help over the top in case they get beat.

The short routes killed us because when you man blitz the Corners are giving space because they have no safety help.

Up until that point they had no run game. That’s the only way to really beat 2 deep man press. And that would have played right into our hands IMO.
    might have to use the approach he had against KC. Bengals have too many weapons for man to man

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    might have to use the approach he had against KC. Bengals have too many weapons for man to man
    KC still put up like 30 something points if I remember.

But we run a lot of man blitz anyway. So the corners are use to manning up.

Against bengals offensive specifically man press is the best to throw off the quick timing routes.

You have to jam the receivers. If you give them free release its nearly impossible to stop their quick timing routes.

If you look at the play where chase turned a 5 yarder into a 70 yard TD. I saw some posters calling it a slant. It wasnt a slant. It was a mesh route. Mesh routes are damn near impossible to stop with a fast receiver without jamming him.

Blog Entries

Just heard on the radio that this defense has never had a single player post double digit sacks in a season under Wink. Take it for what it's worth.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh