Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Rarity...they quit

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    AV was holding on that long Lamar running play, but the refs didn’t call holding on the Bengals once all game. I hate complaining about the refs, but are we seriously to believe that the Bengals only committed one penalty all game and even that was during garbage time? BS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looked like they were holding plenty from the stands

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Looked like they were holding plenty from the stands

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    There isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't hold - EVERY F'N PLAY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    After the holding call and then not being able to convert on 4th down the team looked like a balloon with a hole in it. They were just done
    That 4th down call was puzzling to say the least. As it was twice passing up mid-50-yard FG tries when you have Tucker. Harbaugh also had a very bad day. As I said on the game thread, though, it was better to lose by a lot than to lose by a TD. The team needed this reality check badly. It's still early in the season, let's see what they can do going forward.

Team got too cocky after pulling out a bunch of improbable wins. They need to refocus

Today reminded me of Rocky vs Clubber Lang with the Ravens in the obvious Rocky role. Can they flip the script in the second game and make it Rocky vs Clubber II?

Not sure? I'm also not sure who would play the role of Apollo? Maybe Ray Lewis? Lol
    I mean somebody needs to teach these guys how to tackle so...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

6. Re: Rarity...they quit

The Ravens are the 3rd team all-time to allow three 400-yard passers in the first 7 games of a season.

Baltimore joins the 2013 Cowboys and 2018 Chiefs.

Our defense didn't quit. Just not good.

They did quit at the end, when the game was out of reach, but that doesn't bother me.

What I do mind is that they came out pretty flat on offense and got outplayed in every area of the field as the game went on.

Still, right before a bye is a good time for this to happen. Coaches often say that's a good time for a defeat, if you're going to be beaten, because it helps to focus minds on the improvements that are needed.

imho
    the Ravens play with a lot of intensity
    and they can't bring it every week.

bet they'll be jacked for Minnesota in two weeks
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I think that all the emotional and physical efforts of the first 4 games came back and bit them in the ass. It takes a lot out of you to have to battle back physically, mentally and emotionally. We also won on short rest last week. NTM, the offensive and defensive gameplans were horrible.

We are 5 - 2 heading into the bye. While this was a divisional loss, we are still looking good with the Vikings, Dolphins and Bears coming up, all winnable games, before we hit the tough stretch of the schedule.

This team will bounce back.
    Last edited by GirlsKickButt; 10-25-2021 at 07:59 AM.

They didn't quit. they got outplayed so badly in the 2nd half that it didn't matter. I'm glad they got this heat check going into the bye. tough that it's a division loss at home, but they need to get right in several areas notably OT, RB, I'll and in the secondary.

Positive: Bateman looks legit.

question: What is the deal with Tyson Williams? only Rb with any juice and he doesn't play. Can they coach his ass up the next two weeks because they absolutely need some kind of dynamic threat at Rb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I think that all the emotional and physical efforts of the first 4 games came back and bit them in the ass. It takes a lot out of you to have to battle back physically, mentally and emotionally. We also won on short rest last week. NTM, the offensive and defensive gameplans were horrible.

We are 5 - 2 heading into the bye. While this was a divisional loss, we are still looking good with the Vikings, Dolphins and Bears coming up, all winnable games, before we hit the tough stretch of the schedule.

This team will bounce back.
    Yup and they hopefully will get some guys healthy over the bye.

They have to figure out the Oline - biggest issue with the team right now. After they talked all offseason about how it wouldn't be...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They quit with a little over 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter down 41-17. Best case for a come back was three 8 point touchdowns to tie it which was unlikely.

But not impossible and not unheard of. For a team that has has so many unlikely and quirky wins this season I was disgusted that they gave up. When I saw Huntley go in I couldn't watch anymore and just left the stadium. Not because I didn't want to see Huntley play, I did, but the team had given up and I couldn't watch my team just lay down and die.

As fans we are asked to always remain hopeful and don't give up until them clock reads zero. They sound like empty words this morning.
    Posting Rate: One post per month Lurking Rate: Twelve times a day