Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Today’s game is what happens when Lamar Jackson doesn’t not play on a Super Man level

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Can't help Villanueva AND Phillips on every play and expect much in the way of routes. At some point, somebody's gonna have to win a 1-on-1.
    Sounds like helpnis better than no hep and giving up easy sacks lol

2. Re: Today’s game is what happens when Lamar Jackson doesn’t not play on a Super Man level

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Sounds like helpnis better than no hep and giving up easy sacks lol
    Thing is, the Ravens have gone max protect in situations like that. But against a 4-man pass rush and 7 dropping back, the odds will always be against you with two receivers running routes. Don't forget one of those sacks today was a coverage sack.

If the offense can't threaten the D with the run, the D can play nickel or racecar all game and just pin their ears back.

Re: Today’s game is what happens when Lamar Jackson doesn’t not play on a Super Man level

Thing is, the Ravens have gone max protect in situations like that. But against a 4-man pass rush and 7 dropping back, the odds will always be against you with two receivers running routes. Don't forget one of those sacks today was a coverage sack.

If the offense can't threaten the D with the run, the D can play nickel or racecar all game and just pin their ears back.
    Can always chip or roll out there are always options

4. Re: Today’s game is what happens when Lamar Jackson doesn’t not play on a Super Man level

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Can always chip or roll out there are always options
    You're right. I'm just saying those options shrink when you can't run worth a damn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Bc,

You are the sane voice of reason during trying times. I appreciate your views and if I ever see you at the Bank, I will buy you as many drinks as you want. Cheers, mate.
    riprulz8, OMG I can't thank you enough for your kind words
    So many give up so quickly after one loss, but if the Ravens come our of the BYE week with a few wins in a row, they will once again get aboard this :

If you're buyin', I'll be drinking, but you'll be sorry LOL... Bc

Blog Entries

Today’s game is what happens when Lamar Jackson doesn’t not play on a Super Man level

You're right. I'm just saying those options shrink when you can't run worth a damn.
    They were using 6 to block 4 and getting beat.

It’s one game

I’m going to go watch the Indy game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Did we ever go with the hurry up/ no huddle offense today? Maybe it could have worn down their d some.

8. Re: Today’s game is what happens when Lamar Jackson doesn’t not play on a Super Man level

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They were using 6 to block 4 and getting beat
    Yep. At some point, it comes down to winning some damn 1-on-1s. Our tackles weren't doing that consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    …the defense is not good enough, the running backs aren’t good enough, the coaching is not good enough. The Ravens should not be so dependent on Lamar Jackson having to play on a super natural level week in and week out. I hope they do something over the bye.

PS: Get Bell the fuck outta here, he’s washed. Get Marlon Mack some type of way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last week is what happens when everything is clicking. RBs are good enough, coaching is good enough. The team is deep enough to overcome adversity. One bad day at the office isn't going to ruin the rest of the season.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    Did we ever go with the hurry up/ no huddle offense today? Maybe it could have worn down their d some.
    No. Was frustrating as hell. They kept doing the same stuff all game that wasn't working from the look of things.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    No Lamar is not allowed yet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They were using 6 to block 4 and getting beat.

It’s one game

I’m going to go watch the Indy game
    What quarter does Jimmy G get hurt? Mid 2nd is my guess…