Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Calling all Ravens fans from 1996 onward

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    My toughest decision was Smith vs Webb. Both are/were oft injured, extremely good at their peak, and Baltimore only players. Ultimately Jimmy doesn't match LarDarius's 2011 season when he was snubbed from the Pro Bowl.
    I was going to dog this, but when I looked at the stats, Webb is neck and neck with Smith. I still take Smith due to the Crabtree incident in the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I was going to dog this, but when I looked at the stats, Webb is neck and neck with Smith. I still take Smith due to the Crabtree incident in the Super Bowl

I wasn't watching the Ravens yet, but from what I've heard, Jimmy hasn't had a season that matches Webb in 2011.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

All good info and thank you to those who participated. Sorry for the seemingly odd/random groupings of players but there is a point to it. Looking at stats only tells you so much. Expect the full list within the next week or so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    All good info and thank you to those who participated. Sorry for the seemingly odd/random groupings of players but there is a point to it. Looking at stats only tells you so much. Expect the full list within the next week or so.
    The most important thing to know is that Edwin Mulitalo was very good. JO and Big Ed were like a wall on the left side of the line. You won't see stats on that since we're talking o-lineman. That's what allowed Jamal Lewis to carry the offense in 2000 to win a Super Bowl. Edwin Mulitalo needs to be given more credit than he has been over the years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The most important thing to know is that Edwin Mulitalo was very good. JO and Big Ed were like a wall on the left side of the line. You won't see stats on that since we're talking o-lineman. That's what allowed Jamal Lewis to carry the offense in 2000 to win a Super Bowl. Edwin Mulitalo needs to be given more credit than he has been over the years.
    Yeah, he was a mauler.

Blog Entries

One other thing about Edwin Multitalo is that he is tremendous person. When he was in Baltimore he was upset to learn that music programs were being cut out of public schools due to budget. Music and dance very important in the Samoan culture. He started a charity called Big Ed's Band that bought instruments for public schools so that music programs didn't go away. Ed understood that as a Raven he had a responsibility to the community and he embraced it. This was a model NFL player and should never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Mulitalo absolutely gets overlooked because of Ogden, but he was a beast of a left guard. And I would say the Ravens for a time had the best left side O-Line in the NFL with Ogden/Mulitalo.

Blog Entries

TE:
    Quinn Sypniewski -1
    Terry Jones -2

OT:
    Jared Gaither -1
    Ricky Wagner -2
    Tony Pashos -3

Gaither was very good when "healthy" and he wanted to play

ILB:
    Jamie Sharper -2
    CJ Mosley -1
    Tavares Gooden -3
    Patrick Queen -4

Jaimie Sharper didn't play ILB for the Ravens, he was an OLB. One the Texans got him in the expansion draft they moved him inside

G/C:
    Edwin Mulitalo -1
    Jason Brown -2
    Ryan Jensen -3
    Jeff Mitchell -5
    Bradley Bozeman -4

It was tough to decide between Brown and Jensen

FB:
    Kyle Juszczyk -2
    Le’Ron McClain -1
    Ovie Mughelli -3

another tough one between Juice and McClain, Juice was the better receiver, but not a very good blocker, but McClain could do it all, he had decent hand, could block, and could also carry the rock

DL:
    Anthony Weaver -4
    Timmy Jernigan -2
    Justin Madubuike -3
    Dwan Edwards -1
    Chris Wormley -5

None of these guys were great as Ravens, but Madubuike shows signs that he could be very good and in a year or 2 could be at the top of this list

S:
    Kim Herring -1
    Tom Zbikowski -2
    Matt Elam -3

Zibby wasnt very good at Safety but was great on ST, Elam was just bad!

CB:
    Jimmy Smith -1
    Lardarius Webb -2
    Gary Baxter -4
    Duane Starks -3
    Deron Jenkins -5

Jimmy’s longevity dwarfs Webb though. I don’t think it’s particularly close:

If we are talking about “peaks” only like Webb’s single season’, Gaither had a 9 game stretch better than any Ravens tackle not named Ogden or Stanley…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

TE:
    F Quinn Sypniewski
    F Terry Jones

OT:
    C+ Jared Gaither
    B Ricky Wagner
    C- Tony Pashos

ILB:
    B+ Jamie Sharper
    B CJ Mosley
    C Tavares Gooden
    D Patrick Queen

G/C:
    B+ Edwin Mulitalo
    C Jason Brown
    B Ryan Jensen
    B+ Jeff Mitchell
    C+ Bradley Bozeman

FB:
    C+ Kyle Juszczyk
    B Le’Ron McClain
    C+ Ovie Mughelli

DL:
    B- Anthony Weaver
    B Timmy Jernigan
    C Justin Madubuike
    C Dwan Edwards
    C+ Chris Wormley

S:
    A- Kim Herring
    C+ Tom Zbikowski
    F Matt Elam

CB:
    A Jimmy Smith
    A- Lardarius Webb
    B- Gary Baxter
    A- Duane Starks
    F Deron Jenkins

Thank you very much for whoever takes the time to do this.
    My grades.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Jimmy’s longevity dwarfs Webb though. I don’t think it’s particularly close:

If we are talking about “peaks” only like Webb’s single season’, Gaither had a 9 game stretch better than any Ravens tackle not named Ogden or Stanley…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be an interesting exercise, the Ravens all time team by peak season. A lot would probably be the same, Lamar, Reed, J and R Lewis, Suggs, but then I'm thinking of random one season wonder type guys like Trevor Pryce who had 13 sacks at 3-4 DE in 2006 or Dumervil who had 17 at OLB in 2014.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Be an interesting exercise, the Ravens all time team by peak season. A lot would probably be the same, Lamar, Reed, J and R Lewis, Suggs, but then I'm thinking of random one season wonder type guys like Trevor Pryce who had 13 sacks at 3-4 DE in 2006 or Dumervil who had 17 at OLB in 2014.
    Oh man the good old days when we had dominant pass rushers!

I am not saying get rid of wink at this point yet but if he ever does I wouldn't mind seeing a Rex Ryan led defense again.

It will never happen because I think he burned his bridges but would love to see a dominant rex ryan defense again. He was a good coordinator.