Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Alec Baldwin the killer - will manslaughter charges be filed?

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Please no stories about teenage kids. I can barely handle my kindergartener's sassy attitude.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Right?! It's like they turn five and a switch flips where everything is a fight!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    He won't be charged this is clearly an accident

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I disagree. The jails are filled with people who, through negligence or carelessness, caused a person(s) death. Virtually every deadly DUI/DWI was an "accident", too. But, like DUI deaths, this one was ENTIRELY preventable. It was clearly carelessness / negligence that caused this death.

Involuntary Manslaughter should be considered. Baldwin was clearly careless, negligent. He knew their was safety issues brought to his attention, there was live firing (for fun apparently) with live rounds on the set.

In the end- you may be right and they decide not to pursue criminal charges. But, whether you are operating a motor vehicle or handling deadly weapons- you have responsibilities and since this was an entirely preventable accident- the victims family should get justice.

Quote Originally Posted by KevBA View Post
    I disagree. The jails are filled with people who, through negligence or carelessness, caused a person(s) death. Virtually every deadly DUI/DWI was an "accident", too. But, like DUI deaths, this one was ENTIRELY preventable. It was clearly carelessness / negligence that caused this death.

Involuntary Manslaughter should be considered. Baldwin was clearly careless, negligent. He knew their was safety issues brought to his attention, there was live firing (for fun apparently) with live rounds on the set.

In the end- you may be right and they decide not to pursue criminal charges. But, whether you are operating a motor vehicle or handling deadly weapons- you have responsibilities and since this was an entirely preventable accident- the victims family should get justice.
    I'm curious to see if the armorer end up charged.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

4. Re: Alec Baldwin the killer - will manslaughter charges be filed?

He has nothing to answer for as an actor who pulled the trigger

He may potentially have something to answer for as a producer if he was cutting corners and hiring unqualified staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmcloughlinportr View Post
    He has nothing to answer for as an actor who pulled the trigger

He may potentially have something to answer for as a producer if he was cutting corners and hiring unqualified staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. It remains to be seen if he will be named in a civil suit. Seems to me that may be where he has the most exposure right now. I have a feeling this is going to come down to the nitty gritty on his/his production companies insurance policy.