Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Alec Baldwin the killer - will manslaughter charges be filed?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    As producer his company may take the insurance hit which is liable to be huge. If his production company cut corners maybe hes liable but I am not blaming Baldwin in this.
    I 100% blame him. He allowed or even created the conditions on set that caused this. There were 2 earlier misfires that luckily didn't hurt anyone.

He pointed a gun directly at someone. You never do that. Ever.

He's a terrible human who doesn't think rules apply to him. They need to pursue whatever they can to the full extent of the law.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I 100% blame him. He allowed or even created the conditions on set that caused this. There were 2 earlier misfires that luckily didn't hurt anyone.

He pointed a gun directly at someone. You never do that. Ever.

He's a terrible human who doesn't think rules apply to him. They need to pursue whatever they can to the full extent of the law.

He can't wiggle his way out of this. You never point a firearm at anything you're not willing to kill. Period. And it happening on the set is no excuse either. He didn't point it at another actor during a scene of the movie. He would at least have plausible deniability if that was the case. No, he pointed it at the Cinematographer, who isn't in front of any camera. The whole story sounds like a bullshit cover story to try to save Baldwin from any blame. The guy is garbage and needs to be held totally accountable.

Again, the real question should be: Why the hell is there a real gun, loaded with live ammunition, on the set of a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Alex Baldwin was the Producer of this movie, was he not? Apparently corners were cut, people were walking off the set, and there was chaos. They didn't even have the proper gun safety people on set until there were already two earlier misfires that fortunately didn't hurt anyone.

Why was an Asst. Director the one handling the revolver in the first place?

This is Baldwin's mess as Producer, and he should be charged. He also should get the living shit sued out of him by the young woman's husband.

Actors named producers on films are a dime a dozen. They may contribute money to be named so the credential looks good. They actually have no real power - there are others named producer who really do the production.

Bottomline is if you're anti-gun you sure got a lot of fuckin nerve glorifying them in movies.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Bottomline is if you're anti-gun you sure got a lot of fuckin nerve glorifying them in movies.
    It's unbelievable to me that Hollywood has real guns on a set. Most of the hypocrites in Hollywood hate guns unless they are used by people to provide security for them. They have no problem with that but think you and I should not be allowed to provide our own security.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    It's unbelievable to me that Hollywood has real guns on a set. Most of the hypocrites in Hollywood hate guns unless they are used by people to provide security for them. They have no problem with that but think you and I should not be allowed to provide our own security.
    The issue is they apparently used real bullets. Real bullets should never have been allowed on-set. Looks the the armourer was an amateur too, although her dad was an experienced armourer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Actors named producers on films are a dime a dozen. They may contribute money to be named so the credential looks good. They actually have no real power - there are others named producer who really do the production.
    Alec Baldwin was not just "a producer", he is the Executive Producer of the film. He didn't just help finance it, he was ultimately responsible for every decision made. There are a dozen or so producers of varying sorts, but only one Executive Producer.

Taking shortcuts on safety because of budgetary reasons is 100% on him.

The issue is they apparently used real bullets. Real bullets should never have been allowed on-set. Looks the the armourer was an amateur too, although her dad was an experienced armourer.
    Apparently they used the same prop guns with live bullets earlier when taking target practice!

FWIW my moms brother, a former Wall Street executive and staunch conservative, had dinner with Baldwin a few years back. Apparently he’s a very humorous and likeable guy in person. Very sad story all around.

That blew my mind. How f'ing crazy is that. I didn't even think they used real guns on movie sets as it's too dangerous.

How crazy is it to use a gun for "plinking" in the morning then on a movie set. That's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    FWIW my moms brother, a former Wall Street executive and staunch conservative, had dinner with Baldwin a few years back. Apparently he’s a very humorous and likeable guy in person. Very sad story all around.
    The only thing I don't like about Baldwin is his activism as it is boorish and screams of vanity. Like anyone gives a sh** about your opinion to the point of wanting to hear you rant about it.

I don't think his Trump impersonation is that funny either.

Other than that he is very funny in almost everything he's in. I like he's still having kids at his age as I think family is the most important thing you can have in life. That tells me he's not selfish and gets that.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Baldwin is his activism as it is boorish and screams of vanity. Like anyone gives a sh** about your opinion to the point of wanting to hear you rant about it.

I don't think his Trump impersonation is that funny either.

Other than that he is very funny in almost everything he's in. I like he's still having kids at his age as I think family is the most important thing you can have in life. That tells me he's not selfish and gets that.
    IDK, I think he's funny as well but if you listened to the voice-mail he left for his then teen daughter, I'm not sure now good a family guy he really is.