Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I overly optimistic?

When the Ravens played the Broncos, we heard how difficult the opponent was based on their lossless record. We wouldn't say the same about Denver now.

On to the Bengals. They squeaked by a shaky Vikings and Jags club, and outdistanced a more than shaky Steelers squad. And then killed a winless (deflated) Lions team. Their losses have been Bears and Packers. They have not put up more than 30 points except for Detroit. Even then, they were winning 20-0 through three, and then both sides scored garbage points.

Are pundits giving them too much credit?
    Last edited by Shas; 10-22-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    "That's what."
    — She

Re: Am I overly optimistic?

I don't know if you are but all this national media love for Jackson and the Ravens scares me. I think it's a little over the top. We'll see.

Blog Entries

Seems Burrow has thrived against cover 1 looks but struggled against other looks. I think Wink will keep him a little confused

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They gave Green Bay everything they had. Although if Crosby wasn’t horrific in that game it may not have been that close.

Vikings aren’t a bad team.

I don’t think the Bengals are in the elite class of AFC but much improved and I can see them as a wild card team.

It would seem their defense is greatly improved over the last couple of seasons.

Must win before the bye.

Am I overly optimistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    They gave Green Bay everything they had. Although if Crosby wasn’t horrific in that game it may not have been that close.

I don’t think the Bengals are in the elite class of AFC but much improved and I can see them as a wild card team.
    Green Bay didn’t have Jaire Alexander for that game, that would be like the Ravens not having Humphrey. I think that is totally diff game with Alexander clamping down on Chase. They got a fluke Aaron Rodgers interception also, gave would’ve been a rout with all the lucky breaks they caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Warning: to all those who believe that Ravens fans should be focused on "one game at a time", please skip the following]:

After seeing the Ravens offense light up vs Chargers & the Indiana team (in 4th Q + OT), and the stout defense in the last 4 games, I've jumped on the Optimists' train.

I foresee the team continuing the winning streak headed to 10-1, going into the brutal of the season with home + aways vs Pitt + Browns, plus Rams and Packers. = 13-4 to 15-2.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

No, I don't think you are. They should beat the Bengals relatively easily. The Bengals look like a good up and coming team, but the Ravens remain in a different class.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

If I look at the Chargers, they look like a better team to me. I know you can't compare one game to another because just too many variables but just sayin'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post

Vikings ARE a bad team. They beat panthers, Lions (by 2), and sea hawks.

They scored 7 on the browns.

They stink

For whatever reason, the Ravens love being underdogs. They relish it. I think they came out for SD fired up because they barely eeked out the win against the Colts. In games they're expected to win handily, they struggle.

Should we beat the Bengals? Yes, we have the better team. Will we? Depends on how they perceive the Bengals.