Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maybe it's just me...

But, I saw a YouTube comment and it encapsulated how I've always felt. Does anyone else feel like Lamar has been the been the fastest in NFL history to reach the "He can't win the big one" critique? I'm under 30 years old, but I've watched football my whole life. I don't ever remember seeing a player have to jump through this crazy hoop so early. And besides Patrick Mahomes, I don't see any of contemporaries get any of the same critiques. Not Dak, Not Josh, Not Kyler, Not Derek Carr, Not Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan doesn't hear a peep for leading all those trash ATL teams. Shoot, even Ryan Tannehill get's to go about his merry way while having to do nothing for Tennessee in the playoffs. It's incredible to me How every conversation surrounding this Lamar jumps straight to the playoff success hoop while other guys get to slide on by.

Re: Maybe it's just me...

I don't see that many people saying that Jackson can't win the big one. I'm sure they exist, and maybe they even exist disproportionately. But I mostly see national media being complimentary of Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I don't see that many people saying that Jackson can't win the big one. I'm sure they exist, and maybe they even exist disproportionately. But I mostly see national media being complimentary of Jackson.
    Nah Kyle,
    The commentary is he's phenomenal, he's great, he's a freak of nature, he's must see tv....

In the regular season.

It's mostly driven by Stephen A on the rounds of morning shows because it's easy to get sucked in to it being a ridiculous standard. His MVP season obliterated most of the he can't throw or it's a gimmick stuff. The stuff he did was so prolific that we skipped past developing, learning, growing, familiarity with his offense and teammates and went straight to deep playoff run. On one hand it's absurd, on the other it shows just how good he actually is that the only crutch the naysayers have left is playoff success.

He's basically being held to the Peyton Manning standard - just even sooner in his career.

Mahomes doing what he's done so early has skewed the expectations for young QBs way out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Nah Kyle,
    The commentary is he's phenomenal, he's great, he's a freak of nature, he's must see tv....

In the regular season.

It's mostly driven by Stephen A on the rounds of morning shows because it's easy to get sucked in to it being a ridiculous standard. His MVP season obliterated most of the he can't throw or it's a gimmick stuff. The stuff he did was so prolific that we skipped past developing, learning, growing, familiarity with his offense and teammates and went straight to deep playoff run. On one hand it's absurd, on the other it shows just how good he actually is that the only crutch the naysayers have left is playoff success.

He's basically being held to the Peyton Manning standard - just even sooner in his career.

Mahomes doing what he's done so early has skewed the expectations for young QBs way out of whack.
    Isn’t Stephen A suck ass Smith a basketball guy?

How much does that uninformed idiot even know about football? To me he’s just another skip clueless. He only says shit for the hot take and clickbait.

Lately most sports talk people are jumping on the Jackson bandwagon and being complimentary for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of Lamar's contemporaries haven't been in a position to be in a 'big one', let alone being judged that they can't win it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Most of Lamar's contemporaries haven't been in a position to be in a 'big one', let alone being judged that they can't win it.
    Pretty much every name I listed has been to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Whereas their arr mainly opposing/hating fans saying he can't win the big one, the national media has been pushing the "he needs to win more in the playoffs or win a superbowl before I can consider him legit" narrative. It's crazy because those same people that say Lamar has to have more post season success will also slow stroke Stafford and Kyler

Blog Entries

See: playoff performance

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    See: playoff performance
    The point is that no one says that about other lack of playoff success. Hell, even Flacco was pretty terrible in the playoffs numbers wise until later on in his career. We NEVER heard any type of narrative around what he did in the playoffs in his early years.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    The point is that no one says that about other lack of playoff success. Hell, even Flacco was pretty terrible in the playoffs numbers wise until later on in his career. We NEVER heard any type of narrative around what he did in the playoffs in his early years.
    I'm not going to get into a whole bunch of all this but this statement here is 100% false. I remember hearing how the defense carried him and how he was not passionate enough. Social media was not running as hard as it is now cuz there was a whole lot of blistering talk about Flacco and how he can't win the big one.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    That's probably because Flacco didn't put up the phenomenal numbers as Lamar in his first few years, which usually facilitates the "win the big one" talk. Face it, the Ravens went 14-2 just a couple years ago. That record will ALWAYS draw attention, even from the casual observer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    That's probably because Flacco didn't put up the phenomenal numbers as Lamar in his first few years, which usually facilitates the "win the big one" talk. Face it, the Ravens went 14-2 just a couple years ago. That record will ALWAYS draw attention, even from the casual observer.
    The Bills went 13-3 last year with Allen finishing second in the MVP race. Absolutely no one ever questions his ability to win in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk