Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Tackle Brandon Knight did not report

Text "Let's Go Brandon" to 30330.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Stop lying, you know that extra cash helps feed her sister...
    Brilliant.

Dallas boards sound a lot like us (this is a good situation, sounds like Knight just doesn't want to move - who knows - they add in slamming Baltimore.)

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pft-...-claim.486451/

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Dallas boards sound a lot like us (this is a good situation, sounds like Knight just doesn't want to move - who knows - they add in slamming Baltimore.)

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pft-...-claim.486451/
    Weirdly sounds like this thread. Some of the more interesting quotes from the thread:

"He can refuse to go there. But not sure the penalty for that. We had a certain TE we were trying to develop (Rico) and JJ paid him to turn down other teams offers. Maybe JJ said he would give him a bonus to stay or maybe he will take his PS pay if The Cowboys keep him.

Was he on the PS or released and waiting to go to PS."

"His mental health wasn't an issue here but as soon as Baltimore claimed him it became an issue. What a coincidence. If he doesn't want to goto that club he needs to have that conversation with them, they still have his rights so whenever he is ready to come back to the NFL its for the Ravens. "

"He only has two accrued seasons, as he is now in his 3rd year but has only played/been on the roster for 5 games.
    He needs 6 games to gain a season. So, as of now if the Ravens want to hold onto his rights he would be a ERFA.
    Aka, the Ravens own his right if they wish to keep it and he can't talk to other clubs. "

"He can "un-retire" at any time and the Raven must take him or release him.

In a week they'll have signed another player. Then is Knight "un-retires" they have to release a player to add Knight or release Knight. "

Blog Entries

Tackle Brandon Knight did not report

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    In a week they'll have signed another player. Then is Knight "un-retires" they have to release a player to add Knight or release Knight. "
    What Cowboys fans don’t know is that the Ravens haven’t been playing with a full 53 man roster. So, if Knight were to have an epiphany and report to the Ravens, they could just add him to the 53 man roster if they still wanted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    What Cowboys fans don’t know is that the Ravens haven’t been playing with a full 53 man roster. So, if Knight were to have an epiphany and report to the Ravens, they could just add him to the 53 man roster if they still wanted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I read the board and someone actually did mention that. Sounds like most of them don't buy the mental health thing either. I guess we will see how long this plays out. The Ravens should just hold on to him until next year and see what the situation is then.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I think it is more like depression setting in than laziness. I could be wrong. But either way the lockdowns have broken people.
    I could see this. After 18 months of this crap I'm a little burnt out. Between this and school my wife is even more burnt out.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I doubt there’s any money changing hand under the table between Jerry and Knight. No way is a player they cut worth the potential penalty.

Weirdly sounds like this thread. Some of the more interesting quotes from the thread:

"He can refuse to go there. But not sure the penalty for that. We had a certain TE we were trying to develop (Rico) and JJ paid him to turn down other teams offers. Maybe JJ said he would give him a bonus to stay or maybe he will take his PS pay if The Cowboys keep him.

"His mental health wasn't an issue here but as soon as Baltimore claimed him it became an issue. What a coincidence. If he doesn't want to goto that club he needs to have that conversation with them, they still have his rights so whenever he is ready to come back to the NFL its for the Ravens. "

"He only has two accrued seasons, as he is now in his 3rd year but has only played/been on the roster for 5 games.
    He needs 6 games to gain a season. So, as of now if the Ravens want to hold onto his rights he would be a ERFA.
    Aka, the Ravens own his right if they wish to keep it and he can't talk to other clubs. "

What I took away from another Brandon Knight thread on the Cowboy board (plus his screp) was that he was not the second coming of Jonathan Ogden, but he was quality depth that could develop into a starter (like Mekari).

There is some good and some bad information here.

He can't simply refuse to report in order to return to Dallas. Since the Ravens claimed him, and put on the Reserve/Did Not Report list, he's their's. He still costs them his ~$500K salary against the cap, but they retain his rights. When he wants to play football again, if he wants to play football again, he's a Raven. So I don't get the conspiracy that people continue to trot out as the "true" explanation for what's going on here. They also don't have to release anyone since they were not at 53 when the claimed him...not that this would be much of a deal.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    There is some good and some bad information here.

He can't simply refuse to report in order to return to Dallas. Since the Ravens claimed him, and put on the Reserve/Did Not Report list, he's their's. He still costs them his ~$500K salary against the cap, but they retain his rights. When he wants to play football again, if he wants to play football again, he's a Raven. So I don't get the conspiracy that people continue to trot out as the "true" explanation for what's going on here. They also don't have to release anyone since they were not at 53 when the claimed him...not that this would be much of a deal.
    I don't believe he costs them anything against the cap as long as he is on the reserve/retired list. If he reports to the Ravens, then yes.

Not sure anyone is saying what they think is going on is definitively "true." People are looking at what's being reporting and expressing their opinions.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I don't believe he costs them anything against the cap as long as he is on the reserve/retired list.
    This is incorrect.
    "That's what."
    — She