Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Does EDC fleece anybody this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That is a total and complete misunderstanding of the cap that I am talking about, there is NOT always way to make space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A team could always use draft picks to borrow another team's cap space through trades if they wanted.

I'm not saying it's the most sustainable way to do business but it could always happen unless a team was completely out of tradable draft picks, and not even the Rams (who gave Detroit a first to eat Goff's cap hit) are quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I just find it hilarious you say Oweh after 6 games is the next big thing but you cannot admit how good Orlando was and continues to be going on four years now.

That to me doesnt sound like much of a fan if you cant admit a guy was good soley because he doesnt wear a Ravens uniform anymore. Just absurd to me.

I think Oweh does look good, but its 6 games. Not four years of solid production.

I participated just fine in the thread, I was debunking your terrible take on the subject
    You failed, really badly.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

If you want to criticize EDC for a tackle move you probably have a better case for Stanley than OBJ. The only way the OBJ trade could have been better is if Stanley went in his place. I know, the timeline doesn’t exactly match up. But with the benefit of hindsight if they were gonna pay one they probably picked the wrong guy. There were some fans that didn’t want them to pay Stanley because of his injury history, but no one has a crystal ball. If OBJ gets a guy rolling on his leg instead of Stanley then EDC would be considered a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    If you want to criticize EDC for a tackle move you probably have a better case for Stanley than OBJ. The only way the OBJ trade could have been better is if Stanley went in his place. I know, the timeline doesn’t exactly match up. But with the benefit of hindsight if they were gonna pay one they probably picked the wrong guy. There were some fans that didn’t want them to pay Stanley because of his injury history, but no one has a crystal ball. If OBJ gets a guy rolling on his leg instead of Stanley then EDC would be considered a genius.
    Hindsight aside, what sensible GM would ever decide that his second best OT is the one he's going to give the big contract to?

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You failed, really badly.
    Not at all. Downing a player soley because they no longer play here is dumb. If it was a failed pick like Perriman than ok I get the hate but I do not get it with the players who played well and exceeded draft expectations.

I will root for any player that played well here especially one who never missed a game and played at a high level.

I hate the Patriots and I hated alot of the boneheaded penalties Matt Judon would always get but I will continue to root for the guy to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I just find it hilarious you say Oweh after 6 games is the next big thing but you cannot admit how good Orlando was and continues to be going on four years now.

That to me doesnt sound like much of a fan if you cant admit a guy was good soley because he doesnt wear a Ravens uniform anymore. Just absurd to me.

I think Oweh does look good, but its 6 games. Not four years of solid production.

I participated just fine in the thread, I was debunking your terrible take on the subject
    Lol what’s wrong with you dude? This guy is different.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Hindsight aside, what sensible GM would ever decide that his second best OT is the one he's going to give the big contract to?
    Injury issues plus scheme fit. I don’t think Stanley has ever played a full season. Brown is probably the better run blocker of the two although Stanley is the better player. I don’t know whether it’s true or not but I have heard there may be a bit of a Eugene Monroe/Jared Gaither effect going on with Stanley as well. But you’re right, people would have lost their shit had they done that.

Personally I had a man crush on Trent Williams at the time and wanted him instead. I’ll stop now.

8. Re: Does EDC fleece anybody this year?

Does EDC fleece anyone this year? ...Maybe he should make a call to the Cowboys offering them a certain tackle for a 6th or 7th. If they say no, let word get out, it sends a message to said tackle. If they agree, we get the draft choice. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    A team could always use draft picks to borrow another team's cap space through trades if they wanted.

I'm not saying it's the most sustainable way to do business but it could always happen unless a team was completely out of tradable draft picks, and not even the Rams (who gave Detroit a first to eat Goff's cap hit) are quite there yet.
    Please explain, you are not making sense.

How does one trade to borrow cap space?

The league declined the Ravens attempt to do so last year with Clowney.

Are you suggesting they attempt to add a pick on top of a bad contract to a bad team to accept that contract? Just cut the player, it is treated the same(unless they have future guaranteed salary).

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You're right. We could create cap space but when doing so one has to take the long view as well. With the ravens we all know what's looming in the horizon (i.e Lamar contract among others).
    How can we? Specific example, please?

Restructuring Tavon Young could create under a million dollars and that’s the biggest opportunity I can see…

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lol what’s wrong with you dude? This guy is different.
    Nothing wrong with me all dude!

Simply because I don’t agree with you doesn’t necessarily mean you are right and there is something wrong with me.

It’s called difference of opinion something I guess some are not used to seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That is a total and complete misunderstanding of the cap that I am talking about, there is NOT always way to make space.

You’re allowed to be wrong