Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Does EDC fleece anybody this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ask the Saints what they think about that. Scratch that, ask the Saints how they feel about that next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not saying we should make a big splash. I’m just saying there’s always cap space if you want it.

If the Saints wanted to make an addition they could. Because there’s always cap space if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I’m not saying we should make a big splash. I’m just saying there’s always cap space if you want it.

If the Saints wanted to make an addition they could. Because there’s always cap space if you want it.
    You're right. We could create cap space but when doing so one has to take the long view as well. With the ravens we all know what's looming in the horizon (i.e Lamar contract among others).
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Question Re: Does EDC fleece anybody this year?

To me the actual story is : what is EDC looking for? OT, RB, TE, CB, ILB, etc. If any of those, then who is (a) available, and (b) worthwhile trading for? I doubt we'll see a Peters kind of trade, if we do one, more likely a depth/fill-in type.

JMO... Bc

If they're not going to use him - maybe they could get some decent value out of Ty'son Williams based on his preseason/early season success.. like a 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    People have been saying that about the Saints EVERY YEAR for the past 4-5 seasons. Yet, they still find a way to extend their STAR players (Kamara, Cam Jordan, Mike Thomas, Lattimore, Ramczyk, Demario Davis, even found space to franchise a above-average Safety in Marcus Williams last year.

And field a competitive team
    Right. This was supposed to be the year when all the chickens came home to roost because of all their moves but oh look they're a middle-of-the-pack team and will probably be 4-2 after they beat the Seahawks and compete for a wildcard spot with a QB who once threw 30+ INTs. The 2021 Saints are definitely not a victory lap for the people who said "I told you so" about the Saints.

Blog Entries

If they're not going to use him - maybe they could get some decent value out of Ty'son Williams based on his preseason/early season success.. like a 5th.
    There was that rumor people were calling about our RBs, but I'm not sure Williams is one they'd want. But maybe. It would be a red flag that the Ravens after a couple games determined they didn't want to use him and instead are relying on 3 aging backs though.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You keep saying I am beating a dead horse but you fail to realize you just continue to keep trashing Orlando.

You are doing the same thing. I am simply defending that argument and disagreeing with you.

Do you not realize you keep bringing up the very same topic thus (Beating dead horse) ??? I guess you do not realize your doing it
    Let's get something straight, I did not, nor have I ever trashed Orlando Brown Jr. The most disparaging things I have said is he is not top a top 5 LT, and that when healthy Ronnie Stanley is much better than him. THAT IS NOT TRASHING A PLAYER.

Furthermore, Odafe Owhe is looking like the next big thing as a pass rusher, which says a lot for a rookie. He is coming out of the gate slamming and is only going to get better. Thus, getting him for Orland Brown Jr., who WE COULD NOT AFFORD TO KEEP is a steal.

Disagree fine. If you love Orland Brown so much, go be a Chiefs fan. He DOES NOT PLAY HERE ANYMORE and never will.

Do you see the name of the thread? I believe the production from Owhe makes it a steal by EDC for trading a player we could not keep. That is PARTICPATING in a thread, not brining up your favorite player for the sake of bringing it up.

Now return to your endless bleating over Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Let's get something straight, I did not, nor have I ever trashed Orlando Brown Jr. The most disparaging things I have said is he is not top a top 5 LT, and that when healthy Ronnie Stanley is much better than him. THAT IS NOT TRASHING A PLAYER.

Furthermore, Odafe Owhe is looking like the next big thing as a pass rusher, which says a lot for a rookie. He is coming out of the gate slamming and is only going to get better. Thus, getting him for Orland Brown Jr., who WE COULD NOT AFFORD TO KEEP is a steal.

Disagree fine. If you love Orland Brown so much, go be a Chiefs fan. He DOES NOT PLAY HERE ANYMORE and never will.

Do you see the name of the thread? I believe the production from Owhe makes it a steal by EDC for trading a player we could not keep. That is PARTICPATING in a thread, not brining up your favorite player for the sake of bringing it up.

Now return to your endless bleating over Brown
    I just find it hilarious you say Oweh after 6 games is the next big thing but you cannot admit how good Orlando was and continues to be going on four years now.

That to me doesnt sound like much of a fan if you cant admit a guy was good soley because he doesnt wear a Ravens uniform anymore. Just absurd to me.

I think Oweh does look good, but its 6 games. Not four years of solid production.

I participated just fine in the thread, I was debunking your terrible take on the subject

People have been saying that about the Saints EVERY YEAR for the past 4-5 seasons. Yet, they still find a way to extend their STAR players (Kamara, Cam Jordan, Mike Thomas, Lattimore, Ramczyk, Demario Davis, even found space to franchise a above-average Safety in Marcus Williams last year.

And field a competitive team
    They have EASILY the least deep team in football this year, and next year is worse. They had no choice but to require their HoF QB to retire because they could NOT come up with a way to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post

That is a total and complete misunderstanding of the cap that I am talking about, there is NOT always way to make space.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I just find it hilarious you say Oweh after 6 games is the next big thing but you cannot admit how good Orlando was and continues to be going on four years now.

That to me doesnt sound like much of a fan if you cant admit a guy was good soley because he doesnt wear a Ravens uniform anymore. Just absurd to me.

I think Oweh does look good, but its 6 games. Not four years of solid production.

I participated just fine in the thread, I was debunking your terrible take on the subject
    Orlando is good. Not great. Period. I don't know what kind of fan you are, but you need to worry more about reading your comprehension abilities than my opinion of a player who is no longer a Raven.

What IS absurd is you obsession with a player that is no longer here and using the straw man argument that 4 years of being a good player somehow undermines the promise of a rookie we have contractual control of for 5 years, where Brown was up at the end of this year. You don't need to be an economist to figure that out.

You haven't debunked shit outside of your undying love of Orlando Brown, a Kansas City Chief I might add, or your incessant "terrible take". You think your Jim Rome? Waiting for someone to "Rack you"?

It's one thing to say you can make any room you want during the offseason...it's another during the actual season. You also have to look at the contracts of teams like the Saints who annually have players with sky base salaries or roster bonuses...both essential to getting cap space with restructuring. We've typically not structured our guys salaries like that.

We've literally restructured every player we could that would give us cap space. At this point, if you want space, you have to look towards high priced guys you'd be ok with us outright cutting/waiving to get space.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.