Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Baker out vs Broncos

No Baker, No Hunt and I think Chubb is still hurt. Lets go Broncos!!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Re: Baker out vs Broncos

Keenum might be an upgrade over the Baker of the last few weeks.

Smart move. I still think the Browns beat the Broncos. Fangio has too much to say for a Head Coach that has done nothing!

Had to rest him. His next left shoulder injury could be the entire season for him. I doubt he makes it to game 17. When it just pops out without contact you are screwed when it’s game six.

Blog Entries

I don't know who wins this game. The Broncos should win given the Browns don't have their QB or either RB and I read that it's possible that both Landry and Beckham miss the game too. But the Broncos are such a milquetoast team I think the Browns defense wins it for them.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I think Baker is slightly worried that he could lose his job. I know he wants to show his toughness and all, but if your shoulder pops out without contact and definitely pops out when you land like he did, you need some rest and recovery. Case Keenum took over in Minn a few years back and took those fools all the way to the NFCCG. At this point, Baker is performing as a game manager and a hurt one at that. Is Case that much worse?

From a PFT article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-case-keenum/

"...It is absolutely right for people to question whether Mayfield is hindering the team when playing while injured. As Charean Williams put it very bluntly on Tuesday’s #PFTPM, if Mayfield’s injury hasn’t been hindering him or the team, then the only other explanation for his recent performance is that he’s just not very good.

Either way, the Browns need to be thinking about giving Keenum a shot.

Yes, Keenum, who stepped in for Sam Bradford in Week Two of the 2017 season and took the Vikings all the way to the NFC Championship. His quarterback coach at the time was Kevin Stefanski. As in current Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski.

Mayfield’s attitude, his drive, his stubbornness, his moxie is a big part of what makes him great. It becomes an impediment in situations like this, however, where the Browns have to manage a strong personality that refuses to take “maybe you should take a seat” for an answer.

Then again, it’s those traits that got him in his jam in the first place. By deciding to try to make a tackle after throwing an interception, Mayfield injured himself. He violated the basic concept of living to play another day, a critical factor for all starting quarterbacks...."

Blog Entries

If you are going to pay up for a backup QB like the Browns did with Keenum you should use him in these spots. This is a $7 million backup with a ton of starts. It's not like it's some rookie. It makes sense to play him in a revenge game against the team who dumped him with Baker hurting. Smart move by Stefanski.

I think it would be a mistake for the Browns to give this game manager with good talent around him 40 plus million per year. Imagine him playing with our depleted roster. We could be 1-5. He certainly can’t carry a team

Case Keenum might be a better a better game manager than Baker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    I think it would be a mistake for the Browns to give this game manager with good talent around him 40 plus million per year. Imagine him playing with our depleted roster. We could be 1-5. He certainly can’t carry a team
    Baker with this roster = 0-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Smart move. I still think the Browns beat the Broncos. Fangio has too much to say for a Head Coach that has done nothing!
    What do you mean still? I had the Broncos with all those Browns injuries. Now they have a healthy QB, I think Browns win.

Didn't Denver sign Keenum after he accomplished the Minnesota Miracle?

Blog Entries

He’s gonna outplay Baker

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!